Permanent Limitation after 10 years - HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-12-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
Default Permanent Limitation after 10 years - HELP

Morning guys.

After some advice.

I have a fixed business in the UK, a workshop for motor cars. We have used Paypal for 10 years including using Paypal Here card reader.

We got hit with temporary limitations, answered everything and uploaded the correct documents (including tax return and bank statement which Im not 100% comfortable with).

We then got permanent limitation this morning.

I wrote an email today and sent to:

ppelce@paypal.co.uk
ppelce@paypal.com
europeanservices@paypal.com
executiveoffice@paypal.com

I did not get an auto response from them, wondering if its because it is a Saturday or do I need to email a different email?

The only thing I can think of why we got limited was we recently had a customer spend £13,000 and they had to do several transactions due to card limit. This was an accumulation of invoices over 3 months. And compared to our usual card traffic I suppose got flagged.

I provided invoices for everything via a google drive.

Im praying we get re-instated as Paypal is integrated heavily into the business.

Many thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Permanent Limitation after 10 years - HELP

related thread: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...y-hold-16.html
Old 02-12-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

I am in US,if I run a business where transaction goes to 5 figures,I would apply for a merchant account with a bank,and not use Paypal.
why?
fee could be lower,better customer service and in case of chargebacks,your bank would represent you better while Paypal does not,your bank could speak to the card issuer of your customer and defend you or just get more information .
Paypal has a backlog of disputes /emails to process,you have to wait,try contacting them online,also Paypal has its own forum,for indviduals and merchants.
Old 02-12-2022

Longevity: 27%

The account is dead, time to get better processes in place as the poster above said.
Old 02-12-2022

how do you prove delivery with online tracking if your customers said he did not get the item?
Do you ever have a merchant account and default on chargebacks?
Paypal would suspend an account due to money laundering,too many disputes,past history with other processors(like if a member used to have merchant account and have chargebacks which he/she refused to honor),selling counterfeits/knockoffs/illegal goods and services.
or the bot made a mistake !so a live person is needed to look into it.
Old 02-12-2022
Threadstarter  

Ive had an email back saying they will raise a dispute. Lets see what happens. I have sent multiple documents t them via a google drive. Everything from custom invoices, supplier invoices, tax return etc etc.

Couldnt be more transparent, but I wont hold my breath.
Old 02-15-2022
Threadstarter  

So got a reply today....

We're following up on your complaint regarding your experience using PayPal. We want to assure you that we take all complaints seriously and use what we learn to help improve the services we offer. 

Our review of your PayPal account is now complete, and this is our final response. In these circumstances, the matter raised in your complaint is not accepted. We describe below what we've done to investigate your complaint.

Mr. C, I see you have contacted from your registered email id XXX. Upon reviewing your account, I see on 10 February 2022, a limitation was placed on your account with case id (PP-L-XXXXXXXXXX). After a review of your business and the payment processing history on your account, we have made a business decision that we can no longer provide our services to you. We have reviewed your business and have determined that PayPal is not the best option for you as a Payment Processor. Because of the risk for loss and the risk to other PayPal users we will no longer be able to extend use of our platform to you.

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final. PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high-risk behavior. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your money. You will not be able to use your account again. You can view supporting information in section 10.2 of our User Agreement which can be found by clicking legal at the bottom of the PayPal website. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Any bank or credit card information on your PayPal account can no longer be removed. Your personally identifiable information will not be used by us nor shared with third parties, except to assist law enforcement as required by law. As an additional safety precaution, the financial details registered on your account cannot be used on any future PayPal account.

I hope that the above explanation will help you resolve your concerns, but if you have any additional questions or concerns relating to this issue, please do not hesitate to contact me by replying to this email and I will get back to you as soon as possible. 

We value you as a customer and we're satisfied that our actions in this case were correct, fair, and reasonable under the circumstances.   

We trust that our decision brings this matter to a close. If you need any additional information relating to your PayPal account, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to reply to this email or at ppelce@paypal.co.uk and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to refer your complaint to the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), free of charge – but you must do so within one year of the date you first complained to PayPal. The CSSF is the authority responsible for the prudential supervision of companies in the financial sector in Luxembourg. You can contact the CSSF at 283 Route d'Arlon, L-1150 Luxembourg.  

You may obtain further information regarding the CSSF and how to contact them at: http://www.cssf.lu (for complaint specific information please refer to  https://www.cssf.lu/en/customer-complaints/). 

Yours sincerely,

Tapas Jonas

Executive Escalations

So im going to reply again. They havent given me specifics and im keen to fight this. Any advice?

Thanks!

Last edited by GJC; 02-15-2022 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2022

Longevity: 20%

What bs good luck
Old 02-15-2022

You may not like their (permanent) decision but at least they're being honest. Paypal is not the best payment processor for you.

If you had any sense you would try and see this as a blessing in disguise and sort out a cheaper, better option.

IMO, anyone who wishes to use paypal for the transactions you described above isn't above board. Sorry.

Anyway, their decision is final and as you've been told the account is dead. Good luck in finding a better processor, it shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited by Hank; 02-15-2022 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
Morning guys.

After some advice.

I have a fixed business in the UK, a workshop for motor cars. We have used Paypal for 10 years including using Paypal Here card reader.

We got hit with temporary limitations, answered everything and uploaded the correct documents (including tax return and bank statement which Im not 100% comfortable with).

We then got permanent limitation this morning.

I wrote an email today and sent to:

ppelce@paypal.co.uk
ppelce@paypal.com
europeanservices@paypal.com
executiveoffice@paypal.com

I did not get an auto response from them, wondering if its because it is a Saturday or do I need to email a different email?

The only thing I can think of why we got limited was we recently had a customer spend £13,000 and they had to do several transactions due to card limit. This was an accumulation of invoices over 3 months. And compared to our usual card traffic I suppose got flagged.

I provided invoices for everything via a google drive.

Im praying we get re-instated as Paypal is integrated heavily into the business.

Many thanks

So 2 decades ago this is exactly what PP did to us OG members. This is the reason the forum is created , they just steal money and close your account.

Just the verbiage is different.
Old 02-15-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
You may not like their (permanent) decision but at least they're being honest. Paypal is not the best payment processor for you.

If you had any sense you would try and see this as a blessing in disguise and sort out a cheaper, better option.

IMO, anyone who wishes to use paypal for the transactions you described above isn't above board. Sorry.

Anyway, their decision is final and as you've been told the account is dead. Good luck in finding a better processor, it shouldn't be difficult.
What is not above board? I have had a Paypl Here card terminal for over 5 years and now upgraded to Zettle machine. We process around £70-90k a year through the machine.

We had an excellent Jan/Feb so were taking more payments. The customer who spent £13k was an accumulation of 6 invoices.

Not sure what is not above board?

Trying to understand what it is thats flagged any concern up.

I understand there are better card machines, and yes its expensive, but it works well in our business and also having an actual paypal account means we can use it for payment with some suppliers.

Surely you cant be penalised for being successful and increasing sales volume?

Last edited by GJC; 02-15-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
What is not above board? I have had a Paypl Here card terminal for over 5 years and now upgraded to Zettle machine. We process around £70-90k a year through the machine.

We had an excellent Jan/Feb so were taking more payments. The customer who spent £13k was an accumulation of 6 invoices.

Not sure what is not above board?

Trying to understand what it is thats flagged any concern up.

I understand there are better card machines, and yes its expensive, but it works well in our business and also having an actual paypal account means we can use it for payment with some suppliers.

Surely you cant be penalised for being successful and increasing sales volume?

Actually you can. If the volume shot up drastically, PP is taking the risk so they are scared and can shut you down.

Seen it way too many times.
Old 02-16-2022

Quote:
What is not above board?
...manipulating invoices to accommodate card balances.

It's common knowledge this practice is frowned upon by payment processors, you must have known this.

Why on earth didn't you just get your customer to pay each invoice when raised? Anyway, hindsight is a wonderful thing and the damage is done. Their decision is final and with the numbers you mention it shouldn't be too difficult to find a better processor.
Old 02-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The search begins then.
Old 02-17-2022

the customer has to make 6 payments in 3 months,totalling GBP13,000 should not be a problem if the business is legit and the customer is legit.
Paypal has handled much higher $$ transactions.
OP can have a paypal account and use to spend on purchases and services by linking it with a cc,debit or bank account,one does not need to rely on customer payments.
It sounds like Paypal is cleaning house,it has announced its 4th qtr earnings and predicted slower sales and it said it has spent too much money chasing new accounts which turn out to be BS ! AND its stock has been tanking every day,just like Facebook.
Dont waste your time appealing,it sounds like the decision is final.
Go find another payment processor
Old 02-17-2022

-----------------
how do you prove delivery?
Anyone can file item not received and since you have no tracking,you will lose the dispute,also with item not as described,Paypal will ask the customer to return the item t o get a full refund,how does the customer prove he has returned the item with tracking number?
This motor business is a side business,what is your main business,does it also accept Paypal payments?
Old 02-17-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
-----------------
how do you prove delivery?
Anyone can file item not received and since you have no tracking,you will lose the dispute,also with item not as described,Paypal will ask the customer to return the item t o get a full refund,how does the customer prove he has returned the item with tracking number?
This motor business is a side business,what is your main business,does it also accept Paypal payments?
The motor business is my full time business. We have used the Paypal here card machine in the UK to take payments. It was attractive as we collect/deliver cars so was handy for mobile payments. We then moved to the zettle card machine (paid into paypal business account).

Business is legit and so is customer, yes in hindsight i should of taken payment for each car each time, but as we had a fleet of work to do for him, I let the invoices mount up then hit him with a statement.

I am happy to move on, get a new card processor. Just such a shame as we utilised the Paypal Working Capital in the UK to help grow the business and was really handy paying suppliers with paypal. Shame.