[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 16 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-20-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Hi HangInThere. I have recently got banned on PayPal and funds held for 180 days. Would you be willing to assist me.

Last edited by SaiJin; 01-13-2022 at 03:03 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2022

Longevity: 13%
Arrow Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

This is the best post on this platform. I will call it the gold standard and the most altruistic post ever.

I will appreciate if you can share the letter privately so i can start from there.

Abby
The Following User Says Thank You to Trimph For This Useful Post:
HangInThere (01-24-2022)
Old 01-13-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
Hi HangInThere. I have recently got banned on PayPal and funds held for 180 days. Would you be willing to assist me.
THere's nothing you can do but wait the 180 days.

Make sure you have a bank account in your PP already so you can withdraw when the time comes
Old 01-25-2022
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Hi all!

OP here. Just a quick update.

As of last week, we've now had our account limited three times - two of them resulting in permanent limitations (and 180-day holds). While we were able to recover from all three (on the same account) and are currently in good standing, I am now finding it totally ridiculous how disruptive and unreliable PayPal are for business.

Getting limited and banned once? Okay fine, mistakes and misunderstandings happen - that's why there are dedicated Appeals & Executive departments. Getting limited and banned a second time? Well, that's an utter joke, and you've probably never heard of it - it's proof that they have no concern for loyalty, prior limitations, or the severe impacts on a business. But after that point of being reinstated (again), should there even be trust or risk issues? Well apparently yes, and they still choose to freeze the flow of payments on your account while they wait for answers. This is our treatment after 3 busy years, with no change of business activity...

I've learned that temporary limitations are completely pointless (unless regulatory), and just as some people have described it across the forum, the questions they ask are simply to gather more data about you and your business so that it's easier & quicker to catch you in the future. You know this is true when they only allow you 1000 characters to save your business, and you know it's pointless when they're always asking the same questions (e.g. "upload your ID", "confirm your bank", "explain your business", "explain your transactions" etc). I've now adapted to the PayPal flow to the point that whenever we get hit with a limitation, I'm already drafting an appeal letter, as the ban is imminent. The "temporary" limitation is the con that catches almost everyone (unless for regulatory purposes); the undisclosed process that follows is the only way to get out of it.

I'm aware that there's an ongoing lawsuit against PayPal for this exact reason, and by all means, they very much deserve it. I hope something will come out of it, as the current solution - although viable - is almost not worth the effort.

In summary, I can't stress enough to not put your full faith in PayPal. Undeniably, they are a great solution for your customers but try to avoid a position where they're your exclusive payment processor, as you can never know what to expect (clearly from above). As a matter of fact, they've wiped out every other business in our industry, and as already mentioned, they made 2 attempts to take us out too, but that's what to expect when you allow monkeys to dictate your future with PayPal; there is so much power in an appeal, but only if you do it right, and only if you are in the right.

The guide I originally posted is still what I go by, although I am in the process of drafting a simpler & more informative version from scratch, based on everything learned from our own experience, as well as the hundreds of messages and experiences from other users on the thread. I feel like my original post had way too much waffle, and didn't give enough attention to what matters most, which is writing the appeal - this will be the focus of my next revision, which I intend to be a future-proof resource.

I remain forever grateful to this forum and owe much to its users for the inspiration, guidance, and outcome it led to three years down the line. I can only pay back this debt by helping others in the same position, which I hope I have done already, but will conclude with my next and final revision.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by HangInThere; 01-25-2022 at 10:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HangInThere For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post

OP here. Just a quick update.
HangInThere!! Thanks for dropping by again!! It's somewhat comforting to see you still around.

I agree with everything you say: I am a proponent of small government, but in this case I think the government really needs to step in. This is exactly the kind of thing that antitrust law was created to deal with. PayPal is a *de* *facto* monopoly in much of the world. There are no real alternatives. There is Venmo, but PayPal owns them too! (Seriously?!)

I have no idea why the situation has been allowed to go on for this long. I have no idea how PayPal executives thought that there was any chance that they could get away with this. If there were a viable alternative, I'm sure customers would be running for the doors by now. What nonsense!

After my account was restored, it was permanently limited again ten days later. I hadn't used the account at all during that time. Indeed, I have not used it in over two years. That was December 17th that I was permanently limited for the second time. I opened another BBB case right away this time. They just replied with the same response as before: something that I had bought had violated their AUP. I know that that is completely impossible. Anyway, I can't prove a negative. As far as I am concerned, these limitations were caused by some kind of glitch, and no one at PayPal has any desire to dig into it and try to sort it out.

This company needs to be regulated, broken up... They should be made to pay PUNITIVE damages to all of us.

...looking forward to your updated guide.
Old 02-12-2022

Longevity: 12%

Morning guys.

After some advice. I have read every page on here, and must say it is one of the clearest threads ive read in terms of how to attack.

I have a fixed business in the UK, a workshop for motor cars. We have used Paypal for 10 years including using Paypal Here card reader.

We got hit with temporary limitations, answered everything and uploaded the correct documents (including tax return and bank statement which Im not 100% comfortable with).

We then got permanent limitation this morning.

I wrote an email today and sent to:

ppelce@paypal.co.uk
ppelce@paypal.com
europeanservices@paypal.com
executiveoffice@paypal.com

I did not get an auto response from them, wondering if its because it is a Saturday or do I need to email a different email?

The only thing I can think of why we got limited was we recently had a customer spend £13,000 and they had to do several transactions due to card limit. This was an accumulation of invoices over 3 months. And compared to our usual card traffic I suppose got flagged.

I provided invoices for everything via a google drive.

Im praying we get re-instated as Paypal is integrated heavily into the business.

Many thanks
Old 02-12-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum GJC - all the best as you master stealth

I would wait for weekend to pass and keep trying - you might have to call as well. It's hard to fight against a permanent limitation but perhaps you will have a sympathetic and competent agent.
Old 02-21-2022

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
Morning guys.

After some advice. I have read every page on here, and must say it is one of the clearest threads ive read in terms of how to attack.

I have a fixed business in the UK, a workshop for motor cars. We have used Paypal for 10 years including using Paypal Here card reader.

We got hit with temporary limitations, answered everything and uploaded the correct documents (including tax return and bank statement which Im not 100% comfortable with).

ppelce@paypal.co.uk
ppelce@paypal.com

I did not get an auto response from them, wondering if its because it is a Saturday or do I need to email a different email?

The only thing I can think of why we got limited was we recently had a customer spend £13,000 and they had to do several transactions due to card limit. This was an accumulation of invoices over 3 months. And compared to our usual card traffic I suppose got flagged.

Im praying we get re-instated as Paypal is integrated heavily into the business.

Many thanks
Why are not using payment processors like STRIPE for your card payments?
Old 02-22-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
Morning guys.

ppelce@paypal.co.uk
ppelce@paypal.com

Many thanks
I believe that's all the emails you need, and I also don't recall there being any auto-responses, which makes the matter even more frustrating.

Just a heads up that any responses are now probably going to come through the Message Center on your PayPal account, so you could literally be speaking to the Executive Office through a PayPal chat (although not instant). If the right department doesn't respond, ask them to forward it to the Executive Office, and they surprisingly will - this is what happened with our last limitation (out of many), which resulted in success.
Old 03-29-2022

Howdy, I sent an email over to executiveoffice@paypal.com and got a response less than 24 hours later of:

-------------

"Thank you for contacting PayPal in regard to the issue.

To ensure that you have money in your account to cover any new payment reversals, the funds in your account will be held for a period of up to 180 days. We'll contact you by email around 2022/08/27 with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account. Once you receive the email, you may log in to your PayPal account and click 'Withdraw' to receive your funds.

Thank you for choosing PayPal for your payment needs. Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance.

Sincerely,
Rokky
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal"

-------------

A background on my situation, I started a dropshipping store on Shopify last week, we did about $25k in sales over the weekend and PayPal wanted more information on our account. We provided them with everything except "Proof of Payment to Supplier" since our store is still only 5 days old and we haven't actually paid our supplier yet and now weren't able to since... our PayPal account is on hold! Called PayPal twice over the weekend to see if it was okay that we didn't have that information and the customer support reps said that we should be fine and the final rep submitted my account for review for me with "a note on my account" explaining why we don't have "Proof of Payment to Supplier" on Sunday afternoon. Well, Monday (yesterday) at 6:00am (less than 24 hours after the customer support rep submitted our account for review) we got a message saying that our account is permanently limited with over $5,000 in it.

Submitted a complaint to the BBB at 8am yesterday and sent an email to executiveoffice@paypal.com at about 6pm, to which we got the reply that I put above. Anyone have any recommendations at to what I should do? Wait for the BBB? Send more emails?
Old 03-29-2022
Super Moderator

What kind fo suspension did you get from Paypal exactly?
Old 03-30-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorflv View Post
Howdy, I sent an email over to executiveoffice@paypal.com and got a response less than 24 hours later of:

-------------

To ensure that you have money in your account to cover any new payment reversals, the funds in your account will be held for a period of up to 180 days. We'll contact you by email around 2022/08/27 with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account. Once you receive the email, you may log in to your PayPal account and click 'Withdraw' to receive your funds.

Thank you for choosing PayPal for your payment needs. Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance.

Sincerely,
Rokky
PayPal"

-------------

A background on my situation, I started a dropshipping store on Shopify last week, we did about $25k in sales over the weekend and PayPal wanted more information on our account. We provided them with everything except "Proof of Payment to Supplier" since our store is still only 5 days old and we haven't actually paid our supplier yet and now weren't able to since... our PayPal account is on hold! Called PayPal twice over the weekend to see if it was okay that we didn't have that information and the customer support reps said that we should be fine and the final rep submitted my account for review for me with "a note on my account" explaining why we don't have "Proof of Payment to Supplier" on Sunday afternoon. Well, Monday (yesterday) at 6:00am (less than 24 hours after the customer support rep submitted our account for review) we got a message saying that our account is permanently limited with over $5,000 in it.

Submitted a complaint to the BBB at 8am yesterday and sent an email to executiveoffice@paypal.com at about 6pm, to which we got the reply that I put above. Anyone have any recommendations at to what I should do? Wait for the BBB? Send more emails?
I'm sorry for what happened to you.
Unfortunately, if you submitted already a complaint to BBB and they replied with this answer, there is actually not much you can do apart from waiting for the 180 days. The good thing, you can be sure they will not "disappear" with your funds for AUP reasons or such. Make sure you keep your phone number active on the account til you remove your funds.
Old 03-30-2022
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to the forum majorflv - all the best as you master stealth

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
majorflv (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
What kind fo suspension did you get from Paypal exactly?
The suspension is a permanent limitation on the account, holding the funds 180 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
I'm sorry for what happened to you.
Unfortunately, if you submitted already a complaint to BBB and they replied with this answer, there is actually not much you can do apart from waiting for the 180 days. The good thing, you can be sure they will not "disappear" with your funds for AUP reasons or such. Make sure you keep your phone number active on the account til you remove your funds.
Luckily I haven't heard back from the BBB yet, the response that I put in my original message was the response to an email I sent to executiveoffice@paypal.com
Old 03-30-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
The suspension is a permanent limitation on the account, holding the funds 180 day
I doubt you'll be getting that account back. A dropshipper taking in thousands of dollars per day on a brand new account is the highest possible risk scenario Paypal can be exposed to. You really have to take it easy at first and build up, otherwise you're just showing Paypal that you're a huge liability.
Old 03-30-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I doubt you'll be getting that account back. A dropshipper taking in thousands of dollars per day on a brand new account is the highest possible risk scenario Paypal can be exposed to. You really have to take it easy at first and build up, otherwise you're just showing Paypal that you're a huge liability.
The account wasn't new though, it was opened just about 1 year ago and has done over $10-20k in transactions since it was opened including $3k+ in the month prior to this suspension. The only thing that was new was our Shopify store.
The Following User Says Thank You to majorflv For This Useful Post:
abdulatif (04-01-2022)
Old 03-31-2022

Quote:

Luckily I haven't heard back from the BBB yet, the response that I put in my original message was the response to an email I sent to executiveoffice@paypal.com

OK then let's wait for the result from BBB.
The Following User Says Thank You to @NasterXchange For This Useful Post:
majorflv (03-31-2022)
Old 04-01-2022
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
OK then let's wait for the result from BBB.
I also make complaint to BBB, waiting for it.
Old 04-01-2022
Super Moderator

If I were you I'd not expect much and move on
Old 04-11-2022

Quote:

-------------

Sincerely,
Rokky
PayPal"

-------------

This account got unlocked about an hour ago, looks like the BBB complaint did it! Thank you guys in this thread so much, I love you
Old 04-12-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This account got unlocked about an hour ago, looks like the BBB complaint did it! Thank you guys in this thread so much, I love you
Congrats
Old 04-13-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Congrats! And thanks for sharing - it was starting to get a bit pessimistic over here