[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 15 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-14-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakehound View Post
I and many others here are always willing to help.

You can look back in this thread and see a couple of letters that I wrote to use as examples.
My Personal account is permanently limited after I make a bulk purchase of gift cards (i buy gift card everyday, total about 40.000usd within 2 months ). i used my debit card with Paypal (not Paypal balance)
I buy giftcards to resell
Should I include in my appeal letter that I'm buying a gift card to resell, as this seems to violate the gift card terms ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-14-2021

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown112 View Post
My Personal account is permanently limited after I make a bulk purchase of gift cards (i buy gift card everyday, total about 40.000usd within 2 months ). i used my debit card with Paypal (not Paypal balance)
I buy giftcards to resell
Should I include in my appeal letter that I'm buying a gift card to resell, as this seems to violate the gift card terms ?
Okay, this is very interesting. One of the things that I bought was also a gift card. That was about six months before my accounts were permanently limited.

I see nothing in the PayPal terms prohibiting the purchase of gift cards, though...

What kind of gift cards were they?

Where were you buying them?
Old 11-15-2021

Attempted to file a complaint in bbb.org for my banned company paypal account, paypals response:

Quote:
As the account in question was created in Lithuania, it is outside the scope and jurisdiction of this office.

Your concerns were forwarded to PayPal's North America Executive Escalations office for review and response.
4 months already passed, they never contacted me and never answered to any e-mails which I've sent to their "Executive Escalations Office". Should I just give up on EU paypal accounts alltogether?
The Following User Says Thank You to zemaitis For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-15-2021)
Old 11-15-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemaitis View Post
Should I just give up on EU paypal accounts alltogether?
I would say Yes. I've certainly given up on them.
Old 11-15-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemaitis View Post
Attempted to file a complaint in bbb.org for my banned company paypal account, paypals response:

4 months already passed, they never contacted me and never answered to any e-mails which I've sent to their "Executive Escalations Office". Should I just give up on EU paypal accounts alltogether?
Why do you wanna give up on EU?
Old 11-15-2021

PayPal is a robber company
Old 11-16-2021

Quote:
Okay, this is very interesting. One of the things that I bought was also a gift card. That was about six months before my accounts were permanently limited.

I see nothing in the PayPal terms prohibiting the purchase of gift cards, though...

Where were you buying them?
I bought it from an authorized reseller site
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown112 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021

Quote:
I bought it from an authorized reseller site
Old 11-17-2021

I really can't believe my eyes. After receiving two letters saying my appeal was unsuccessful, I gave up. As of today, I have received an email saying that my account has been reinstated. This is amazing!
I want to thank each and everyone on this forum that has participated and offered advice.
https://imgur.com/bPfRA9v
https://imgur.com/Kj5qU4
https://imgur.com/pBHKWMG

Last edited by Unknown112; 11-17-2021 at 09:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown112 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-18-2021)
Old 11-17-2021

Quote:
Sry i can not tell you
Old 11-18-2021

Quote:

I really can't believe my eyes. After receiving two letters saying my appeal was unsuccessful, I gave up. As of today, I have received an email saying that my account has been reinstated. This is amazing!
I want to thank each and everyone on this forum that has participated and offered advice.
I am truly envious of you, my friend.
Old 11-19-2021

Talking Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Hi guys, I confirm that this topic is efficient even now of November 2021.

Thanks to @HangInThere, yesterday I sent my emails to the emails he provided, and after 8 hours I had the account unlocked! I received 2 emails, both from PayPal.com/.com.uk with the removal of the limits. I followed exactly the whole post, except contacting the BBB. I confirm, that everything works. Mine is a PayPal business with UK company. A question for @HangInThere. The account no longer has Limitations but the money is still in HOLD. What is the next/suggest steps to take to unlock them?
Old 11-19-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indaco87 View Post

Thanks to @HangInThere, yesterday I sent my emails to the emails he provided, and after 8 hours I had the account unlocked! I received 2 emails, both from PayPal.com/.com.uk with the removal of the limits. I followed exactly the whole post, except contacting the BBB. I confirm, that everything works. Mine is a PayPal business with UK company. A question for @HangInThere. The account no longer has Limitations but the money is still in HOLD. What is the next/suggest steps to take to unlock them?
Congratulations. Once again, I am envious, because *nothing* worked for me.
Old 12-07-2021

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Guys!!! I can't believe this!!! I am over the moon right now!!!

PayPal just unlimited me!!!

This is what happened:

I couldn't let the issue go. I went back to the BBB site. More than two weeks had gone by since I got my last response from PayPal (basically telling me to go to hell), and so the case had already been closed by the BBB. Nevertheless, I sent one final message via the BBB:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Thank you for providing a little bit more clarity.

I have looked over my past transactions once again, and I see absolutely no items that I sent payment for which are prohibited under PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. I can only assume that there has been some unauthorized activity in my PayPal Account. If you can supply the associated transaction number(s), then I can investigate further and perhaps supply additional information.

At any rate, I would like this matter escalated to the highest level and submitted to your back office for secondary review. Please consider the more than twenty-year history of my Premier Account and Personal Account, and the fact that I have never been involved in a dispute of any type whatsoever in all that time.

I would very much love to be able to begin using PayPal again, as I always have since nearly the very beginning.

Thank you,

drakehound

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Bang! Almost immediately (in less than a day) I received an email from PayPal:

Hello, drakehound

Your PayPal account has been restored

We reviewed the information you provided for Reference ID - PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx and have removed the limitation placed. You’ll now be able to access any feature that was limited before.

We appreciate your patience in helping us resolve this issue.

I couldn't believe it until I actually logged in to PayPal and saw that the limitations were gone!!!

What is the takeaway from all of this?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE UP

It took me over two years to get a resolution. I had given up. NEVER GIVE UP.

For me, it was that last, final, seemingly pointless kick-at-the-can that did the trick.

I would like to profusely thank everyone here, especially HangInThere, for all the help over the years. Clearly without all of you, I would have had no idea what to do and none of the encouragement to do it!

Peace out, brothers...
The Following User Says Thank You to drakehound For This Useful Post:
HangInThere (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Guys!!! I can't believe this!!! I am over the moon right now!!!

PayPal just unlimited me!!!

This is what happened:

I couldn't let the issue go. I went back to the BBB site. More than two weeks had gone by since I got my last response from PayPal (basically telling me to go to hell), and so the case had already been closed by the BBB. Nevertheless, I sent one final message via the BBB:

Thank you for providing a little bit more clarity.

I have looked over my past transactions once again, and I see absolutely no items that I sent payment for which are prohibited under PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. I can only assume that there has been some unauthorized activity in my PayPal Account. If you can supply the associated transaction number(s), then I can investigate further and perhaps supply additional information.

At any rate, I would like this matter escalated to the highest level and submitted to your back office for secondary review. Please consider the more than twenty-year history of my Premier Account and Personal Account, and the fact that I have never been involved in a dispute of any type whatsoever in all that time.

I would very much love to be able to begin using PayPal again, as I always have since nearly the very beginning.

Thank you,

drakehound

Bang! Almost immediately (in less than a day) I received an email from PayPal:

Hello, drakehound

Your PayPal account has been restored

We reviewed the information you provided for Reference ID - PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx and have removed the limitation placed. You’ll now be able to access any feature that was limited before.

We appreciate your patience in helping us resolve this issue.

I couldn't believe it until I actually logged in to PayPal and saw that the limitations were gone!!!

What is the takeaway from all of this?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE UP

It took me over two years to get a resolution. I had given up. NEVER GIVE UP.

For me, it was that last, final, seemingly pointless kick-at-the-can that did the trick.

I would like to profusely thank everyone here, especially HangInThere, for all the help over the years. Clearly without all of you, I would have had no idea what to do and none of the encouragement to do it!

Peace out, brothers...

Very happy for you mate!
Never give up with PAYPAL!!
The Following User Says Thank You to @NasterXchange For This Useful Post:
drakehound (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
Very happy for you mate!
Never give up with PAYPAL!!
Thanks, man!

Now I am afraid to use the account, because I don't want to get limited again! Haha
Old 12-08-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Thanks, man!

Now I am afraid to use the account, because I don't want to get limited again! Haha
Congrats mate! Unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm going to say you've set the world record for longest PayPal resolution...

Don't be afraid to use your account as normal, but definitely try to avoid logging in while abroad next time, especially if it's just to check your balance
Old 12-08-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indaco87 View Post

Congrats to you both, and thanks for sharing!

Not sure what you mean about your funds on hold after being restored, but I reckon that it's just a temporary phase of getting withdrawal errors. Whatever the case, PayPal should be at your disposal to provide an answer or solution.
Old 12-08-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
Congrats mate! Unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm going to say you've set the world record for longest PayPal resolution...

Don't be afraid to use your account as normal, but definitely try to avoid logging in while abroad next time, especially if it's just to check your balance
HangInThere! I was hoping that you would pop by so that I could thank you personally!

Yeah, I'm sure I have set the record for longest PayPal resolution too. I am going to blame it on COVID, but the truth is that I kept delaying the BBB option because I knew that after that there were no further options open to me.

The BBB are actually very helpful. They accepted my complaint even though it was past their six-month deadline, and then they accepted my rebuttal to PayPal's response, even though it was past their two-week deadline and they had closed the complaint.

I would never dream of logging into PayPal from anywhere other than my house now. I'm even nervous about that, because I recently changed ISPs. I would never check my balance, either, because I have never had one -- and boy, am I ever glad of that now!

It wasn't the IP/geolocation issue that got me limited though, according to PayPal's response. They quite specifically said that I had sent payment for items prohibited under their Acceptable Use Policy. I guess I will never know what those items were.

I have one more possible tip for others: Keep things short-and-simple! Since PayPal would not come out and say what the problem was, my emails to them and the BBB complaint were long, multi-page documents outlining every possible little detail that I thought there might be even the slightest chance that they would want an explanation of. Once I had a response to my BBB complaint, I just replied with just a few lines directly targeting their response, and that was what worked. Honestly, in retrospect, I think there is a good chance that no one ever bothered reading the multi-page documents that I sent them.

Thank you again, to HangInThere and everyone else.
Old 12-17-2021

Guys, PayPal permanently limited me again! I can't believe it! I'm *shaking* with rage!

What did I do you ask? I didn't do a damned thing!

All I did was log in to make sure that I was still not limited -- always from the same device at the same IP address. I didn't send or receive any money, or add any bank accounts or credit cards.

After over two years, I was only un-limited for ten days.

I'm speechless and disgusted.
Old 12-18-2021

Longevity: 47%

Don't try to understand Paypal. They're doing this since years
The Following User Says Thank You to Newter For This Useful Post:
drakehound (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newter View Post
Don't try to understand Paypal. They're doing this since years
Thanks, man. I'm trying to decide what to do next, but frankly, after over two years, I am exhausted. Perhaps that's what they want.