Limited again - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

My *new* ebay account is still up and running after 2 weekends, I'll find out saturday morning if it is still alive for the 3rd week.

This time, I am only listing about 2-3 items per week. I did not open an "ebay store" like I did before and I'm not using paypal with it.

I also opened a another paypal account, but have not used it yet.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2010
Threadstarter  

I've sold a couple of things through ebay on the new accounts. I did NOT link ebay at all. It has survived the weekend again.

I'm trying to be real slow. No ebay store, just listing 1-2 items a day, all auction style, very expensive to list, and shipping quickly.

However, I noticed, when I listed a couple of items today, the option to receive payment via VISA/MC is gone. The last couple of items I listed, I have linked to the paypal account. Now time will tell if that will be the demise of it. I have never received a paypal payment directly for any of the auctions, and the account is staying open.
Old 05-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineseller View Post
Who said I was selling high risk items?
$800 in an account is suggestive of an item that might upset paypal because of the amount If that happens it's high risk....which in your case it was because you got limited
Old 05-19-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

onlineseller, how did you do that? im looking to do exactly what your doing...
Old 05-20-2010
Threadstarter  

do what?

I'm not out of the woods yet. I just made a new account, and have been working on it SLOWLY.

Patience seems to be the key, as proven by some of the more experienced users here.
Old 05-20-2010

Longevity: 86%

You know what might help? If you are sure you can trust the supplier, don't use paypal. Use Western Union. They will get the money in about 1 day and it only costs $10.00. If you have to send a payment of $1000.00 or more, send 2 payments because WU is required to report all transactions of $1000.00 or more.
Old 05-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Meh it's all relative, it's all about risk with paypal. If they think something is shady, they'll limit it. Even if it's not.

10+ accounts, go slow. List 2-3 items PER WEEK on each. End auctions early even if profits look high. I ended an auction at xx amount today. Why? Because it still had 3 days to go and the price was enough profit for me, and the sale gets completed... hopefully heh
Old 05-22-2010
Threadstarter  

I've survived another saturday. The slow listing and lack of paypal seems to be the key. After this week, it's time to start working another account, and start a rotation like many experienced members have done.
Old 05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineseller View Post
I've survived another saturday. The slow listing and lack of paypal seems to be the key. After this week, it's time to start working another account, and start a rotation like many experienced members have done.
I just made an ebay account (i think I gave an incrrect address on file from the address it asked at the card page to make a sellers)

I was listing a genuine used TV which I took photos of.

ebay gave me MC010

then they suspended me...

saying "there was a discrepency with my registration information"

:S

how can I just use an ebay sellers account and just sell
Old 05-23-2010
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure about that one, with all of the ebay accounts I have been through, I have never had to do that.

I just open the account, add a phone number, verify the PIN, and make a listing (only 1).

I'm getting close to the 30 day mark and nothing has happened yet, so I think I will be OK as long as I keep listing slowly and not sell any high dollar items.

Are you in UK? There could be a different set of rules there.

update: I have accepted my first ebay payment through paypal directly. I also used that same paypal account to pay my first ebay invoice. So we will see what paypal thinks about this.
Old 05-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Happy Monday!

This new paypal account now has a 21 day hold policy. This is after receiving my first payment 2nd payment through ebay. I'm not sure if it had to do with ebay or not.
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Made it through another Saturday. It's funny how ebay is not suspending my account when they are making about $10 out of every auction.

$200 of the $400 funds that were on hold were released today. I sent the $200 to a friend of mine who needed some money.

We will see what paypal thinks about this "activity" monday morning.

Last edited by onlineseller; 06-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Survived another paypal monday. The sending out of $200 did not seem to trip the trigger.

I checked, and I'm about $850 received on this new account without an issue. I think that I should really try not to go over $1000.

Keep in mind that my old VERIFIED account, received only $600 and was instantly limited. But it was only open for a few days. So, as many have said 100x, slow and steady is the key here. This account is still not verified and has received more in total funds.
Old 06-07-2010

Longevity: 84%

There's a $500 recieving limit on new accounts also they don't like dropshipers, you need to pay your supplier from another account. Also its better to start off selling at least 20-30 lower priced non branded items to get the account ready.
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
lol account wasnt very old at all. less then a week. i paid the supplier after all my items sold to get more product and paypal sent back my payment too me saying my account was under investigation. and yeah all sales and supply purchase happen the same day.
Dude, a Week!!! WAAAAAY To Fast, I personally sheepdip (Prepare) my accounts for 3 Months before I attempt a single sale, and when I do start to sell, I make the Sale, collect the money, ship the Item, beg for feedback, get the feedback, wait for the Paypal hold to drop, Withdraw MOST, Not ALL of the money, and start again.

By the end of the third month from when I started selling I may have 3, TOPS, items that I will sell in a week. By the end of that accounts First year I MAY have 15-20 items selling in a week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
mememe1972 (06-08-2010), OfficialGenius (08-09-2010)
Old 06-08-2010
Threadstarter  

I'm only selling used items that I have on hand. A couple of more sales and then this account is going on the shelf to age like a fine wine.
Old 06-09-2010
Threadstarter  

I think I just screwed myself up.

I added another address (a real one, not mine). The original address was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. It was never an issue before.

So today I login from a new IP, and it's asking me to verify the CC # on the account. It was a prepaid card and I threw it away a long time ago. I never figured on having to keep that around after it was empty.

There is about $300 in there and the account was perfect! I should not have added that address without thinking first. CRAP!

Is there any way to force my internet BACK to the IP I used yesterday? I wrote it down. I'm using AT&T dsl. I don't know if it will help but it's worth a shot.
Old 06-11-2010

looks like to me you are going to have to provide the credit card info or it just may get suspended... - call them
Old 06-13-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Get a new gift card and set it up with the new address. Then go to PP and add the new CC then verify it.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

I can't do that, because I can't login.

As soon as I try to login, it asks to verify the original CC # which I threw away.

nearly $400 lost
Old 06-14-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Read #41. If you can't do it online, call them and tell them you left the old card in a taxi when you were out partying. So now you have the re-issued card and need to update your PP...

Think outside the box just a teensy tiny bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
imhim (06-14-2010)
Old 06-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Before I call, I want to make sure that I can't find the old card. So far I haven't found it.

I did start a spreadsheet for all the new accounts that I have made. This way I can keep track of all of these "sleeper" accounts.

It was my fault, I did not verify the account with a checking account. I should have done that. Stick to the rules guys!