Limited again - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Interesting note:

I was able to login through paypal mobile app. I can see the money, but when I tried to send it out, it said system error.

So much for that idea

How much do you want to bet they would let me receive money, LOL.

Last edited by onlineseller; 06-15-2010 at 06:57 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2010
Threadstarter  

So, I finally bit the bullet and called in. I was afraid of doing this, for fear of not having the right verification information, or them locking up the account forever.

Call 1:

First rep would not help me without verifying the last 4 digits of the card on file. Of course, I did not have this. I went around and around with him and he wouldn't let me get anywhere. The digits were XX23. I guessed a couple, but all were wrong. I told him I'd call back.

I remembered that when I accessed the mobile phone, it did show me the last 4 digits. So I accessed the account that way, and pulled out the 4 digits.

Call 2:

I told him that I had the last 4 digits needed to update the account. So, he says oh "gives last 4 digits" without me asking LOL. I said yes. So, he says we can't update credit cards over the phone. We go back and forth and I say ok I'll go online.

Call 3:

I call right back, and get another rep. I tell her I need to add the card. She says she can't do it, I have to do it online. I can't login, I say, so she proceeds to delete the first card on file. So, now there is no CC. I was then able to login. At least I can access the account, that is good. Unfortunately, the account is now limited. It won't let me add a credit card. I think the system is confused now that no CC is on file. When I try to add a card, it asks me to verify my address with a credit card, and so on.

This is at least better than before. I might be able to work through this one.

Hopefully I can get a verified address/cc/bank account on there, and I should be back in business.

Lesson learned, verify all of this information BEFORE starting to use the account.

Last edited by onlineseller; 06-24-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2010
Threadstarter  

I called back today. I explained that I was stuck in a loop, after providing 2 of the 3 required steps to remove limitation.

Usually when my accounts would get limited, I would just throw my hands up in the air and give up. I'm glad that I found this forum, which encouraged me to dig deeper.

When I reached the rep, he immediately noticed the account was limited and forwarded me to the limitations department. I then spoke to a US rep and showed her how I was stuck in a loop. She was pretty nice about the whole thing. After proving that I couldn't get any further, she lifted the limitation.

During all of this, I used the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on paypal, and the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, to verify my identity over the phone. Nobody ever questioned the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information.

After that was done, I went ahead and asked a few questions, just to find out more about how paypal works. She said that if your account is limited, you should immediately ask for the limitations department. I asked about the 21 day hold thing, she said that if she had seen 6 months of history, or 100+ feedback, she could have had that removed.

She also gave the the toll free number for customer service - 888-221-1161 I haven't used that. I used 402-935-2050 and got right to a rep each time.

So, thanks forum! I'm back into my paypal account, so I can claim my $400!

Last edited by onlineseller; 06-26-2010 at 03:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to onlineseller For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineseller View Post
I called back today. I explained that I was stuck in a loop, after providing 2 of the 3 required steps to remove limitation.

Usually when my accounts would get limited, I would just throw my hands up in the air and give up. I'm glad that I found this forum, which encouraged me to dig deeper.

When I reached the rep, he immediately noticed the account was limited and forwarded me to the limitations department. I then spoke to a US rep and showed her how I was stuck in a loop. She was pretty nice about the whole thing. After proving that I couldn't get any further, she lifted the limitation.

During all of this, I used the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on paypal, and the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, to verify my identity over the phone. Nobody ever questioned the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information.

After that was done, I went ahead and asked a few questions, just to find out more about how paypal works. She said that if your account is limited, you should immediately ask for the limitations department. I asked about the 21 day hold thing, she said that if she had seen 6 months of history, or 100+ feedback, she could have had that removed.

She also gave the the toll free number for customer service - 888-221-1161 I haven't used that. I used 402-935-2050 and got right to a rep each time.

So, thanks forum! I'm back into my paypal account, so I can claim my $400!

I thought that was common knowledge as ebay has written this so many times and its on this forum so many times
Old 06-27-2010
Threadstarter  

I woke up this morning to find this email:

Quote:
Because of your consistently good performance, we're removing your account's payment
hold.

I haven't used the account, because it was locked up for a couple of weeks. This is a +1 for the theory that if you stop using paypal for your ebay auctions, they will get jealous.
Old 06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineseller View Post
I woke up this morning to find this email:

I haven't used the account, because it was locked up for a couple of weeks. This is a +1 for the theory that if you stop using paypal for your ebay auctions, they will get jealous.
Gotta love the green eyed monster!! Good to hear you got your account back!
Old 06-29-2010

I would not say they get jealous as for they really just never seem to care at all what they are loosing b/c they have sooooooo many closed and limited accounts it's nothing to them.
I enjoy you taking us through your journey with you, I just found you guys today and am looking forward to seeing more.

My main question of the day is WHAT you actually use if you don't use paypal for your auctions?
I just don't even wanna try with paypal anymore! I am done with them and they are to risky to do business with I want no part of them.
I am currently trying to register with payflow any info with that route? I have to be able to take an ebay approved electronic payment so what are you guys using if you are NOT using paypal?
Old 06-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@ebayxxxxx, what are you selling? Merchant accounts can be used if you fit the criteria
ebayblows (07-01-2010)
Old 06-30-2010
Threadstarter  

I've been using CCnow to accept ebay payments. It hasn't been an issue yet, but I can only use it so many times, as some have mentioned, before they want you to verify the merchant account. So, I'm tossing in paypal payments on some of the auctions.

If you want to talk about alternate payment methods, there is a different section for that. I want to keep this thread on topic, as my experience with paypal after being limited many, many times.

I did a no no today and sold about 3 used items on a local forum outside of ebay. I took in the money, packed the item, and had the tracking number online all in the same day. We will see again next monday if they don't like this. Until now I've only been using it for ebay. I will make sure this time that all funds are removed over the weekend. It was only about $200 total, so I'm hoping it will be fine.

I'm approaching the $1000 received in total mark. I want to get close, but not get over that figure. When I get there, I'll be moving to my backup account and doing this same process over again.
Old 07-01-2010

tanning supplies, Thanks green been I'm gonna get out of here and I'll see you around...
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Happy Monday!

So as we know, things tend to happen on Monday morning for some reason. Anyway, I haven't been using my paypal account much lately. Someone did send me $50 recently, as a service, which I hate because that will always come back to haunt you.

This morning the 21 day hold was re-instated. It had been previously removed due to excellent ebay transactions. Someone filed a dispute against me when I did not answer his email the same day, so that could have had something to do with it as well. Of course, he lifted the dispute after he saw the item was already in the mail.
Old 08-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Well, things have been pretty quiet so I decided to get the paypal debit card. I put in the application.

A few days later I was slapped with RXI125 (must verifiy identity).

So after all of that work grooming the account, it is now dead.
Old 08-08-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

wth... just to get the PP debit card huh? Actually I have heard from someone else that this happened to.

Well, I think I understand you, so feel free to PM me if you need some help.
Old 08-09-2010
Threadstarter  

I've had debit cards before, on "alternate" accounts. But things might be tighter these days.

It clearly said while applying "if we cannot verify the information in your account, your account may become limited".

So, at this point, it would be safe to say that you probably should not apply for a debit card using a stealth account.
Old 08-10-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

thank you for the info. I know that if i do get a paypal account to never apply for a debit card. This sucks.
Old 08-10-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
Read #41. If you can't do it online, call them and tell them you left the old card in a taxi when you were out partying. So now you have the re-issued card and need to update your PP...

Think outside the box just a teensy tiny bit.
lol, that was soo funny what you said.
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 85%

Onlineseller congrats on your success! Check my pm when you have a chance