Idea to Refund to get around limitation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Idea to Refund to get around limitation

Idea to Refund to get around limitation

I have been reading a few posts and I have been using stealth eBay for about 6 months. Things have been pretty good so far however one of my accounts got limited today.

I have used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details on this account and it would take some time to dodgy up some paper work to send to pay pal.

My question is can you refund for more then the price of an original sale?

Can anyone verify that this is possible as I may be risking another account being linked?

Here is my idea I want to make a small payment to the limited account. Then I want to log into the limited account and issue a refund for more then the original amount to get my money out, instead of going through the Pay Pal verification

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

NO
Old 05-17-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love-hate-ebayer View Post
My question is can you refund for more then the price of an original sale?
No, I have tried to refund more than the original amount to cover shipping costs to the buyer after they returned a item to me.

Not possible.
Old 05-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Is there any other way to use the system on it's self?

Ok thanks for letting me know. Is there any other way to get out of the verification and get the funds? Or am I stuck with the process and the 180 day hold worse case ?
Old 05-17-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

180 days to wait. There's been a rumor that the time can be reduced, but as yet the rumor is not verified to be valid.
Old 05-20-2010

Longevity: 85%

I have another question about refund and limitations maybe you all can help me with..

If I send $ from a legit paypal to one that is ok now, but could end up limited due to linking, will I be able to refund those payments back to the legit accounts, or will that money be held (assuming the receiving account does in fact end up limited due to linking). Hopefully I explained that right lol
Old 05-20-2010

Very dangerous to do because the could link them and kill them both. I have done it myself though when i need to transfer money into my buying account. Have not had a limit in a while, but on one the refund option was missing on all transactions even though they were less than 90 days. Still if you fund the original transfer to the second account with a CC, you will be protected by them if they do not let you refund.
Old 05-20-2010

unfortunately...all of it was through paypal balance.

The thing is, i'm willing to risk getting the one account limited, as long as I can then refund the $ back to the legit accounts.

That way, worst case I only lose the 1 account and no $
best case, it doesn't get limited, and I can actually pay for the item I bought as I want.

If tehy wont let me refund the $ though, all is lost =(
Old 05-20-2010

Why don't you send the money from the unlegit account to the seller and tell them you want it shipped to another address because that is where you will be staying while you take care of a sick relative. Do not send the money until he agrees.
If it is a business, sometimes you can change the shipping address during the paypal checkout. Don't make the address exactly like the legit account though.

Example: Legit address
123 Beach St.

Becomes:
123-A Beach Street

99% of the time the package will get there even if name and address are off a little. If not it goes back and the company refunds your money or you start claim for item not received.
Old 05-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I just refunded someone on my limited account today. I have some ideas in my head similar to what you mentioned. The important thing is, anything too fast or fishy is going to wakeup the paypal retards. I have a 1100+ Verified premier account that's been a steady no problem account for 12 years, has even paypal buyers credit on it. Only issue ever was during tax season i xferred my dad 5300$ and i swear within 5 minutes of making the xfer paypal called to ask if i did it, and of course i said yes. He said thanks, and that was that. You gave me some idea's on moving cash along without raising flags. I'm no longer withdrawing while i have anything pending. It's just too risky. i think that is a trigger.
Old 05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Why don't you send the money from the unlegit account to the seller and tell them you want it shipped to another address because that is where you will be staying while you take care of a sick relative. Do not send the money until he agrees.
If it is a business, sometimes you can change the shipping address during the paypal checkout. Don't make the address exactly like the legit account though.

Example: Legit address
123 Beach St.

Becomes:
123-A Beach Street

99% of the time the package will get there even if name and address are off a little. If not it goes back and the company refunds your money or you start claim for item not received.

Thanks for the response, but I'm not worried about the shipping really. I'm worried about whether or not the account will be instantly limited before I am able to pay him =/ I'm just not sure what will happen, since it's a legit PP, and a suspect/linked ebay account that I used to make the purchase. If they allow my payment to go through, then all is well. If they don't allow the payment to go through though (because of the linking issues), then I want to know that I'll be able to get the $ for the purchase back (by refunding it back to the accounts it originally came from). It's hard to explain I guess lol