Shedding Light: Paypal Money Released After 180 Days - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Well, its better, yes. But they still have one click claims, and people do abuse it when its not needed instead of simple communication. So don't get too comfortable with it. And they have also added SNAD for off eBay sales now too. They still do limitations and info requests. So its not flawless. But is better off eBay, yes. But PayPal is PayPal so they wont be smooth going, you cant count on that
Thats all I'm saying too
Better without ebay, not perfect, although it remains to be seen because none of my accounts not linked to ebay had a single problem so far!

I guess because they loose all the other tools to trace you like description, pictures and type of goods sold.

Plus, I guess 2 eyes (paypal+ebay) see better than one (paypal alone)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabatzas View Post
none of my accounts not linked to ebay had a single problem so far!
They will. You can count on that. Off ebay is still prone to problems for sure
Old 02-03-2011

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

I just received a comment from a reader who claims that after 180 days, he was unable to withdraw his funds, so he called paypal, and they told him they were holding the funds for an additional 180 days. I have never heard of this before.. Anyone else?

Paypal Policy - A License To Steal Your Money
Old 02-03-2011

Longevity: 81%

What a crap? They can`t do this.
Old 02-03-2011

Longevity: 77%

paypal are thieves i wrote to them after they limited my account with over £4000 they said that its part of their agreement which states that the funds will be held for 180 days to ensure that ebay community is kept safe.. i asked them to interpret and do not give me a generic response.. the woman said that they hold the money to take care of any claims that consumers may have or refunds processed etc.. i then responded that refunds can be claimed within 60days... she told me that i signed the agreement indicating 180 days and thats their policy basically..
Old 02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ets View Post
paypal are thieves i wrote to them after they limited my account with over £4000 they said that its part of their agreement which states that the funds will be held for 180 days to ensure that ebay community is kept safe.. i asked them to interpret and do not give me a generic response.. the woman said that they hold the money to take care of any claims that consumers may have or refunds processed etc.. i then responded that refunds can be claimed within 60days... she told me that i signed the agreement indicating 180 days and thats their policy basically..
she was talking about the 180 day chargeback period the card issuers can reverse the transaction.
Most issuers only allow 90 days and the majority of the chargebacks happen within 60 days. However there are some issuers allow 180 days and thats why paypal holds the money for those 180 days.
Old 02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post
I just received a comment from a reader who claims that after 180 days, he was unable to withdraw his funds, so he called paypal, and they told him they were holding the funds for an additional 180 days. I have never heard of this before.. Anyone else?

Paypal Policy - A License To Steal Your Money
No, this is not normal! it is probably due to a paypal system problem.

There is no mention of any additional 180 day hold anywhere in the user policy.....so they are actually in breach of their own policy if they keep the money addditional days.

A phonecall to paypal and insisting to talk to somebody who can authorise release of the money should solve the problem within the day.

The guy also says they told him on the phone that additional 180 days are required.....
Just like that....sure they have to give you a reason??? they cannot base this on chargeback risk.....so what was the reason???

If not a paypal system problem, It just sounds exaggerated or made up to me
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

I currently have an account suspened for 6 months which is coming up to withdrawal time soon.
I dont want to have to open a bank account just to get £250ish out as I already have farrr to many current accounts, and none of my current ones i can link with paypal, so is there another way to withdraw money such as a cheque?
thanks for your help in advance guys!
Old 02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
is there another way to withdraw money such as a cheque?
Yes, paypal offer this option, but you will need an address, and also a name to match!

You can open one of those "secure trust bank" accounts it will cost you £12 to open and £12 per month but you can close it after you get the money.

of course thats £24 in costs.....but it may be easier.
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 84%

I have another situation where 180 days is up and I received email form paypal that funds are available to withdraw. it is in $$$.
I have a confirmed bank attached but I dont have it anymore.
can I add another account and withdraw with no problems?
can I withdraw BEFORE its confirmed or NO? I read and read and did not see a response to this. thanks guys.
Old 02-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yes its in my real name as this was before my days of finding this forum and going stealth
So if its in my real name i should have no problem getting a cheque right?
does anyone have experience on how long it takes to receive the cheque from paypal?
cheers guys
Old 02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
Yes its in my real name as this was before my days of finding this forum and going stealth
So if its in my real name i should have no problem getting a cheque right?
does anyone have experience on how long it takes to receive the cheque from paypal?
cheers guys
Yes you will be fine, its your name, your account, your money!!
it takes about a week,and there is a small charge for the cheque.
Old 02-14-2011

Today exactly gone 180days. I not receive any email, so I call Paypal, and they allow me withdraw immediately. Nice. ))
The Following User Says Thank You to 12patron For This Useful Post:
tushargta (10-26-2018)
Old 02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12patron View Post
Today exactly gone 180days. I not receive any email, so I call Paypal, and they allow me withdraw immediately. Nice. ))
It is the law!!! especially if the details are real!!
In Europe they are now regulated as a bank anyway...
Old 02-15-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

PP is not a bank though...you have NO RIGHTS!
Old 02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
PP is not a bank though...you have NO RIGHTS!
From 2004 PayPal had been registered in the UK as PayPal (Europe) Ltd, an entity which was licensed as an Electronic Money Issuer with the UK's Financial Services Authority (FSA). This ceased in 2007, when the company moved to Luxembourg.

In Europe, PayPal is registered as a bank in Luxembourg under the legal name PayPal (Europe) Sàrl et Cie SCA, a company regulated centrally by the Luxembourg bank authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)
All of the company's European accounts were transferred to the PayPal's bank in Luxembourg on July 2, 2007.
Old 02-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,955 Times in 8,246 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Which bank in Luxembourg? Prob make some accounts with that bank.
Old 02-18-2011

Longevity: 84%
Default Successful! Money withdrawn from 2 suspended accounts

I received the letter from the crooks at paypal that its okay to withdraw earlier this week and I added an old bank card I had laying around and withdrew $900.
I had another account at about 170 days and I called paypal and they sent me an email that its ok to withdraw. I withdrew $700 from that account.
2 suspended accounts all money is in my hands after the long 180 day wait. I just wanted to keep you guys updated.
p.s. they removed bank accounts associated so I just added a bank card and removed to the card if you know what I mean.
remember to not go over $500 a day withdraw in 24 hour period if you withdraw to a card. if you withdraw to a bank you can withdraw all of it with no issues.
Old 02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsouthside View Post
I received the letter from the crooks at paypal that its okay to withdraw earlier this week and I added an old bank card I had laying around and withdrew $900.
I had another account at about 170 days and I called paypal and they sent me an email that its ok to withdraw. I withdrew $700 from that account.
2 suspended accounts all money is in my hands after the long 180 day wait. I just wanted to keep you guys updated.
p.s. they removed bank accounts associated so I just added a bank card and removed to the card if you know what I mean.
remember to not go over $500 a day withdraw in 24 hour period if you withdraw to a card. if you withdraw to a bank you can withdraw all of it with no issues.
How you can withdraw earlier? When I called Paypal and try ask them release funds one week earlier, they told me it`s not possible. How you speak with them?
Old 02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12patron View Post
How you can withdraw earlier? When I called Paypal and try ask them release funds one week earlier, they told me it`s not possible. How you speak with them?
Well, the days count from the day the account got limited, not from the 180 days email.

Plus I bet they have a risk factor depending on account activity refunds and charge-backs.

Also different countries..... we deal with paypal EU, not USA

I had an account which got limited but i was still able to receive money in it, so I build up around 5k within 3 weeks while i was on holiday and left it untouched for another month.

then I called paypal and said i want it closed.....they send me the 180 days email, but starting from 1 month and 3 weeks earlier.

4 months and a week later, i withdrew all the money!!

which make me think.....If I kept using that account for 5 months, I could theoretically call them, get the 180 day email.....and withdraw the following month.

Problem is I cannot leave 30k in paypal's hands just like that....

Anyway my new accounts run ok for nearly 6 months now.... so will see how it goes
Old 02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Which bank in Luxembourg? Prob make some accounts with that bank.
PayPal (Europe) Sàrl et Cie SCA
it is not a high-street bank so you cannot open an account.....not yet anyway.

However it is a registered bank, and regulated in EU.
I guess our money are a little more secure in a bank, than just a money transmitter.....
Old 02-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

do you think if PayPal were regulated by UK laws for instance they would have to up their game?
It seems like Luxembourg seems to be a safe haven for them to operate how they like.
Closed Thread