Paypal Limited - PayPal Limitations - the Definitive Thread on what to do, what not - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Took them 2 weeks to look into it, wonder how many weeks it'l take them to sort it out...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I bet PayPal employees always have an orgasm-like feeling when they suspend someone's account and watch a support request come in 5 minutes later. I bet they high-five each other when the account holder is crying, too. Sadistic little monkeys they are.
Old 02-21-2008

Longevity: 95%

ohhh smart.
next time i will have to weigh the amount of work - photoshopping some invoices or photoshopping a newspaper onto a picture of inventory.. the newspaper actually seems easier.. seems like a good idea!
Old 02-22-2008

so then what do you do when they ask you to verify your identity by sending in tons of stuff?
Old 02-26-2008

Default PP Account Limited for Unusual Activities on Bank Account -- What is this all about?!

Hi everyone,

I set up my new PP account yesterday, following the usual routine -- adding a CC (Simon gift card) and a bank account. And this morning 4 am I got an email stating that my account is limited. The emails says: "Our system detected an unusual use of funds from a bank account linked to your PayPal account."

Has anyone had this one before? What's the glitch here? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2008

Ive noticed this. I had an account limited for "unusual use on a credit card" I think this is just a way they are trying to act as though it was your bank, credit card company who did this and that they arent freezing accounts for no reason. I called and said that my credit card company sent no such thing to them and told them there must be a mistake and that i was looking at my bank statement right then and that nothing seemed wrong (all lies). And told them to please immediately send my account to review with a note on me contacting them.

Unlimited the next day.
Old 02-28-2008

Thank you so much for the info. I called PP and they told me to verify bank account and the credit card. Did all that, and got limit removed today. Oh yeah...ready to roll!!! :D
Old 02-28-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
Ive noticed this. I had an account limited for "unusual use on a credit card" I think this is just a way they are trying to act as though it was your bank, credit card company who did this and that they arent freezing accounts for no reason.
BINGO.

Although I was pretty confused by this at first too.
Old 02-28-2008

Always verify PP before you start using to aviod this.
Old 02-28-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

They do this -after- you verify.
Old 03-06-2008

Post My Paypal Limitation Tips

This is not my idea, I got it from another person and it worked so well for me I had to share.

Email complaints-response@paypal.com or any of the emails they have that are actually monitored. I basically asked why was my account limited, that I had sent all the information (hadnt sent all of it) and that I felt paypal was being very authoritative and not helping me as a member. How I never really received any help and then gave names and employee numbers (always get these) of the people who had not helped me in the slightest. Basically laid out my whole problem like I was telling a judge. I got back a general paypal is commited to blah blah blah. It takes may take up to (insert number) days to get to your claim blah blah blah

Today I wake up and my account is unlimited. Im thinking holy crap. I go into my email and I have 5! YES 5! responses to my email apologizing for the mixup and stating that I am a valued paypal member and that this is not how the operate. How did I do it?

When I sent the email I all CC, to some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails I made up. thomasbonds@foxnews.com and peterjones@cnn.com. Me thinks paypal said OH **** get this guy unlimited before it causes a problem. Yeah the emails are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but paypal wont know that. If they "reply to all" maybe a day or so later they may get the response the message is undeliverable but by that time theyve already unlimited the account. I say try it, worked for me.
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

But you did send some information correct? Most ppl are using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info and can't send anything.
Old 03-06-2008

Personally, I feel this is Great info!!
He's advising if after all efforts seem lost... here's what to do..
Never thought of it. Props to sdot!!

p.s. if anyone has followed the story about the Artist who was selling her Original Paintings, and pp limited, please let us know what she did. I am sure theres a follow up story somewhere, I think it was on either 60 mins or other news, about 2-3 months ago i read it.. I remember the Lady was very well Respected in her Circles, and she found this whole Paypal ordeal, real Sham!!
Old 03-06-2008
MU

Longevity: 93%
Default i just did it

i just sent an e-mail, used some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addys too, paypal just called me (10 mins) later, but im at work.. thanks for the info and hopefully it works
Old 03-06-2008

OK, sdot- lets see what happens.. I , too have sent them another email:

Dear Paypal:
I have done NOTHING wrong. Holding "MY " funds for 180 days is ludicrous.. I plan to contact every agency i can find, and expose Paypal, for these Unfair Business practices.
I am starting with the News agencies, Cnn, Fox, etc.
All i requested is to have "MY" funds transferred to my checking acct..

I have also contacted my bank, and they say I can do "chargebacks" to Paypal for every single transaction through my acct.. Which would be in the $10,000's..
I do not want to do this, so I will await your response to release the $9,240+/-..
Sincerely,
Lxxx xxxxxxx

cc: thomasbonds@foxnews.com; peterjones@cnn.com
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

This is great info. Thanks

I don’t know if any of you live in the Bay Area but there is a Consumer Watch TV Show called “7 On Your Side” hosted by Micheal Finney on ABC.

He’s a relentless newsman/consumer watchdog who exposes no good business deals and protects the consumer and airs it all on the local news.

You all are probably thinking it won’t help you because it’s just local news but let me tell you, Michael Finney/7 On Your Side is a household name and he makes local businesses run for cover and leaves them shaking in their boots. If the business is unwilling to cooperate (as most do not) the threat of being publicly exposed on local news is enough to make Businesses cooperate, if they don’t then the public definitely knows all about it.

I doubt eBay/PayPal would be all too happy with the negative exposure.

Just tell them you’re contacting Michael Finney/7 On Your Side and see what happens.
I wish I had his email address but I don’t.

I know many of us use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and stuff like that so just make up an email ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email for 7 on your side when contacting GayPal via email.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/feature?s...ide&id=5814629
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/bio?secti...ios&id=3281991
Old 03-06-2008

sdot10...youre some kind of genius
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Thumbs down ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Info

Too much ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info going to an investigative reporter is going to open up
Pandora' box. That is going to create real problems, real quick.
Think about it, a couple of phony email addresses to Finney that get answered
and get mail daemon replies, then Finney is checking this out as fraud.
Probably merit on a one on one basis .......
Old 03-06-2008

Yeah so we are already seeing some response as shown by ebayhelp.

Yours may work ebayluvhate, but i wasnt talking about threatening as much as them discovering the names because when you open an email they are right there in front of your face. Almost like youre trying to "sneak those emails in there" It may work though. but i really have found that paypal doesnt take well to threats because they know they have you then. IF someone were to come all theyd have to do is show the emails saying look we found her to be very volatile while is why we felt we needed to keep the funds. Probably also isnt a good idea to mention illegal methods (the chargebacks)

like i said the best think is to pretend youre in court..what would you tell the judge. just write that
Old 03-06-2008

This is a great idea and I am definitely going to try it when I get limited again. Can't wait to see the results! Need some good news today!
Old 03-06-2008

oh yeah i completely forgot the other part of the news.

"If you are still having problems please contact us back and speak to a supervisor in the resolution center and if that doesnt help ask to speak to executive escalations."

I had never heard of those 2 departments but i will be asking for them from now on.
Old 03-07-2008

Post My Paypal Limitation Tips

Have gotten quite a few PMs about my most recent posts so I thought id just compile my list of things that will get you unlimited the fastest.

After you get the dreaded email:

1. Refund all your buyers. Empty out the account. Realize from the start you will NEVER get unlimited until you have sent the items and even if you do, it may not help. Ive made it a new rule of mine to never send items that I dont have the money out of my account for.

2. Get everything to paypal immediately, but dont fax, its pointless, you'll be waiting for weeks. Instead go to kinkos or staples and get your info scanned and do the upload of the files. Always make sure to take the quality down so its not good enough for them to realize its ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

3. Call immediately after your upload is successful. And inquire about what the problem is. Make sure you repeatedly say things like "i understand paypal has my best interest in mind, im just wondering why this is happening." and "i hope this wont take long as I was really excited about using paypal" just butter them up like toast.

4. Get a name and employee number from EVERYONE you talk to for a lengthy period of time and make SURE they notate your account if they tell you anything. Also have them put in that you are being pre-emptive in this situation and that you have been very cooperative. Like seriously say can you please put in how cooperative and pre-emptive i have been. Explain what the transaction was for and how you are just trying to sell some items for (insert somewhat somber story, dont overdo it though). Something along the lines of I got in an accident and gotta pay for the repairs so i gotta earn some extra funds.

5. Act like you know their policies but dont be a dick about it. Ive found that saying things like "can you please notate that in my account and move it to review please" Or if they start giving you their spiel that you know is false bust in like well last time i spoke with a supervisor fred who told me "blah blah blah"

6. Do not yell. It will only cause more problems.

7. Email your buyers. Explain how something has come up and how you had to go out of town or how an emergency came up and you cannot ship for a few days. Something so that they are not getting extra suspicious and will give you the window you need.

8a. If you are unlimited then resend the invoices as a service and proceed. Ive found that this type of transaction is limited far less frequently. Also Ive found that right after limitation you have a good 1-2 weeks where you are about as untouchable as youre gonna be. Dont overdo it though. You should be fine enough to make the same transactions again.

8b. If you are not unlimited send an email to complaints-response@paypal.com along with some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails such as bobbycraig@cnn.com and frankdavis@abcnews.com Basically explain your situation and be coy about it like you wanted to use paypal because you heard it was so safe and easy but stern basically saying please give me a reason as to why my account is limited.

Through the years ive had quite a few paypal accounts suspended. What ive found as a constant is paypal knows what the laws are and arent. If you call threatening to sue them or something they know 99% of the people arent going to take action. You have to make them believe you are that 1% because in the end they know their policies are stupid, and for the most part illegal. Things like always asking for a name and employee number scare the crap out of paypal because a face can be put with a statement. Saying "well some woman yesterday told me different" is much less scary than "well mary employee number 30948 said something different yesterday" Remember this si the company that use to hide its phone number admittedly claiming "we offer better service though email" and told people that if they wanted to sue them that they had to file the paperwork in california. They dont want the face to face confrentation because they lose and if you make them believe that you have no problem taking it to that face to face confrentation, they will back down 99% of the time.