Bought Something From Walmart.com Paypal Got limited But Payment Went Through - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%

Large retailers taking PP is a nice bonus for buying stuff instead of withdrawing.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Yup! I typed in online business that accept paypal I found a grip even best buy!
Old 12-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Tiger direct too.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
transitionfighter (12-07-2010)
Old 02-04-2011

Longevity: 88%

I tried this today and Walmart canceled the orders. It was for American Express Gift Cards. They said they wanted to verify that I authorized these orders with my Paypal account. I think it was because I was shipping to a address different from the stealth account address.
The Following User Says Thank You to acewondersx For This Useful Post:
Omgoozle (02-23-2011)
Old 02-09-2011

I have made 3 purchases from Walmart.com

Here are the stories:

I bought a couple of accounts and started selling like crazy on eBay. I made about $3000 in a week just on one account. I go ahead and spend ALL of the money on Walmart... It says pending for about 1 hour. And next thing I know, I get an e-mail saying the transaction was successful. Cool.

I went ahead and bought 2 more accounts, started selling. Received $800 in my first sale. I went ahead and bought a laptop from Walmart.com and again it went through! So feeling good about myself, I continue selling and receiving money on this new account until I decided to try my luck with Macmall.com and thats when I got limited. The payment was reversed and I was permanently limited.

So I go to my other back-up account and I receive another payment for about $850 but as soon as I go to Walmart.com and order something, the payment goes to pending status and hours later, I get limited and Paypal wants SS#, they unverified me, etc. The payment gets reversed. Walmart.com emails me saying Im going to get a refund back into my paypal. WTF? I don't know what I did wrong. I followed all the rules and I used store pick up.

The only rule I didn't follow, was to start off slowly. I crashed and burn FAST. Questions? Ask me. I know I'm forgetting some details...
Old 02-09-2011

Longevity: 91%

I too have gone the Paypal/Walmart route, but there is a magic amount at which WalMart will hold/cancel the order if they cannot reach you for confirmation. Not sure what the amount is, but something triggers a hold with Walmart on the orders. $300-400 orders seem safe, but get over 1k it gets iffy.
Old 02-13-2011

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtz View Post
I have made 3 purchases from Walmart.com

Here are the stories:

I bought a couple of accounts and started selling like crazy on eBay. I made about $3000 in a week just on one account. I go ahead and spend ALL of the money on Walmart... It says pending for about 1 hour. And next thing I know, I get an e-mail saying the transaction was successful. Cool.

I went ahead and bought 2 more accounts, started selling. Received $800 in my first sale. I went ahead and bought a laptop from Walmart.com and again it went through! So feeling good about myself, I continue selling and receiving money on this new account until I decided to try my luck with Macmall.com and thats when I got limited. The payment was reversed and I was permanently limited.

So I go to my other back-up account and I receive another payment for about $850 but as soon as I go to Walmart.com and order something, the payment goes to pending status and hours later, I get limited and Paypal wants SS#, they unverified me, etc. The payment gets reversed. Walmart.com emails me saying Im going to get a refund back into my paypal. WTF? I don't know what I did wrong. I followed all the rules and I used store pick up.

The only rule I didn't follow, was to start off slowly. I crashed and burn FAST. Questions? Ask me. I know I'm forgetting some details...

I don't understand why your 3rd attempt failed. What did you do different from the first 2 things you mentioned? It looks like it was the "store pick up" that triggered the limitation, not sure but all of this is very interesting.
Old 02-15-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Big companies like that will get their money for their items. They have an agreement w/ PP I think about these types of problems.
Old 02-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

And you do this for stealth accounts? They use which address - the one on pa yp al to ship? Or the one you enter in website...
Old 02-23-2011

Are the addresses on all 3 accounts in similar locations? Like, if the first 2 accounts were in California and the store pickup was in Cali... but the 3rd account is in S. Carolina and the store pickup was in Cali it may have triggered something.
Old 04-10-2011

Longevity: 77%

One thing I have learned in years on Ebay/Paypal is that the big payments will get you every time. DO NOT send large payments anywhere you just increase your chance of your account getting limited. Now if you do it slowly it is possible. Also make the same kinds of payments like $150, $200, $115.00 etc. Don't make your usual $200 payment then make a $1100 payment that will send up red flags every time. I use to send all my money to my bank account. I did the same thing every time. I would send at least $1000 each time. I did this with several PP accounts. None of these accounts ever lasted more than 3 months. Spread out your payments with a lower amount $200 or less and you will see how long your PP account will last.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EbayTough For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (08-31-2011), meganron (08-23-2011), OfficialGenius (04-11-2011)
Old 04-14-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
One thing I have learned in years on Ebay/Paypal is that the big payments will get you every time. DO NOT send large payments anywhere you just increase your chance of your account getting limited. Now if you do it slowly it is possible. Also make the same kinds of payments like $150, $200, $115.00 etc. Don't make your usual $200 payment then make a $1100 payment that will send up red flags every time. I use to send all my money to my bank account. I did the same thing every time. I would send at least $1000 each time. I did this with several PP accounts. None of these accounts ever lasted more than 3 months. Spread out your payments with a lower amount $200 or less and you will see how long your PP account will last.
I take it this is because larger amounts of money usually have to go through a different security check compared to smaller amounts.

Anyone know if this is true, any inside information? :D

Old 08-07-2011

Has anyone tried this lately? And what was the outcome?

Or has anyone bought from any other big chain stores?

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 08-07-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Has anyone tried this lately? And what was the outcome?

Or has anyone bought from any other big chain stores?

I might try this since no one has come back with an answer yet.

Sounds way too easy.
Old 08-24-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

I tried this and got a collection letter not from walmart, but from another company that they had sent my product, but paypal denied there money later on and they want me to pay them. It works 99%, but don't do it if your gonna screw the company. It happened to me because i made a mistake which im not going to go into.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
transitionfighter (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011
Threadstarter  

I thought it was pretty easy I learned that you for the most part have to be verified to do it. I have tried this on about 10 non verified accounts and only worked on 4 of them the rest walmart refunded money
Old 10-07-2011

I'm back!

Has anyone else tried this yet o anything similar? I've been MIA for a long time to know what's going on
Old 10-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

I tried this last week and got into a right mess, sent an invoice, paid and pending, the company sends out the item then BAMN reversed and limited. I had to refuse delivery of the item. It must of set pending for the best part of 24 hrs
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 72%

I am also interested as to whether this still works. The one thing I definitely do not want to do is link my new BA (old one got permanently limited, account under false name) just to have it limited when I try to withdraw.

dj9928, you tried that with Walmart and it failed? What was the amount?

I only have about $500 that I want to turn into AmEx gift cards.
Old 10-15-2011

I just tried this about 2 minutes ago, and it didnt work (but it's probably more an issue with my own PP account). First, when I selected either the amex or walmart gift cards, site to store for pickup didnt seem to be an available option...only normal shipping. I entered my normal address on the walmart site, but was never prompted to enter a new shipping address on the paypal site. It seemed to only keep the selected shipping address on walmarts side of the transaction.

The transaction broke down for me, because once I entered my shipping address, choose paypal as my payment option, and logged into my paypal, I was prompted to receive a call from them. I clicked "cancel", as the phone# on the account was stealth, and then added the full bank account# when prompted. That brought me to the next screen of checkout, but when I clicked to finalize the purchase, a screen came up saying that they were unable to process payment on the card I selected (even though I had selected paypal balance). So basically, paypal threw a wrench in the process for me, by dis-allowing me to use paypal balance to fund the purchase.

This is the second time this week, I've been prompted to receive a phone call on a stealth account that I was attempting to make a purchase with. Prior to this week it never happened to me before. The account that I was about to use to make the walmart purchase still hasn't been limited (yet), but I'm concerned about how soon it will be if I'm prompted to receive a call just to make a purchase.

Has anyone had any experience with this pre-purchase phone call? If I add a new phone# and receive the call on that will it allow my purchase to complete? Also, is it just an automated verification, or will I actually have to field questions about the account? I guess tomorrow I'll attach a new #, and see what happens with the whole walmart purchase thing if I receive the call from them. I'd just like to know what I'm getting into before I get on the phone lol.
Old 10-15-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
I just tried this about 2 minutes ago, and it didnt work (but it's probably more an issue with my own PP account). First, when I selected either the amex or walmart gift cards, site to store for pickup didnt seem to be an available option...only normal shipping. I entered my normal address on the walmart site, but was never prompted to enter a new shipping address on the paypal site. It seemed to only keep the selected shipping address on walmarts side of the transaction.

The transaction broke down for me, because once I entered my shipping address, choose paypal as my payment option, and logged into my paypal, I was prompted to receive a call from them. I clicked "cancel", as the phone# on the account was stealth, and then added the full bank account# when prompted. That brought me to the next screen of checkout, but when I clicked to finalize the purchase, a screen came up saying that they were unable to process payment on the card I selected (even though I had selected paypal balance). So basically, paypal threw a wrench in the process for me, by dis-allowing me to use paypal balance to fund the purchase.

This is the second time this week, I've been prompted to receive a phone call on a stealth account that I was attempting to make a purchase with. Prior to this week it never happened to me before. The account that I was about to use to make the walmart purchase still hasn't been limited (yet), but I'm concerned about how soon it will be if I'm prompted to receive a call just to make a purchase.

Has anyone had any experience with this pre-purchase phone call? If I add a new phone# and receive the call on that will it allow my purchase to complete? Also, is it just an automated verification, or will I actually have to field questions about the account? I guess tomorrow I'll attach a new #, and see what happens with the whole walmart purchase thing if I receive the call from them. I'd just like to know what I'm getting into before I get on the phone lol.
The only time I've been prompted to recieve a phone call is when using a VPN, use a regular ip and you shouldnt get that and this only works for 'site to store' purchases so no need to change any addresses that's the whole point behind it.
Old 10-15-2011

Hopefully the VPN is the issue. Its just strange because I've connected over VPN countless times without issue, and now they seem to be cracking down.

As far as the walmart purchases, I would have done site to store, but it wasn't an available option for gift cards. I dont know if the other people who posted regarding gift cards attempted at a time when it was available or what, but it wasn't an option to me. I also wanted to see exactly how the site allowed you to add addresses, and to what extent that information seemed to be shared with paypal, so I was willing to risk the address linkage.

When you were prompted to receive a call before, did you just click cancel and try again from a regular IP with success, or did you actually receive the call? If you did receive the call, I'd like to know exactly what is asked. Thanks for your help!