Bought Something From Walmart.com Paypal Got limited But Payment Went Through - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

No never recieved the call just canceled and went back to regular ip.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 85%

Interesting... try regular ip and keep us updated! I have yet to try this.
Old 10-16-2011

Just tried to use the same account to make a purchase from a normal IP...still got the prompt to receive a call =/

Then I went to add a new #, so that I could receive their call, and it asks for a new billing address that must match the new # provided =( Now I'm stumped. I dont know what address I should add, and what their response will be to an address that is far from the stealth address.
Old 10-16-2011

So I attempted to receive the call from them...I added a new #, and then it prompted me to add a new address (that they said must match the address on my phone bill). I added an address that would match the area code of the new # I added. At first it said some info was missing, and said "verification failed"...I dont know why that happened...I had all the fields filled. Then I entered the info again, and it just brought me to the confirm payment screen. It never actually called me. So I clicked "confirm payment"...got the red error message saying they couldnt complete the order at that time.

Then I added the new phone # to my paypal directly, thinking maybe instead of having to choose "add a new #" when trying to make the purchase, I'd already have the new # saved as my primary number for the paypal, and be better off. No dice. This time it didnt even ask me to receive a call...it just prompted me to confirm my full bank account#. I did that and clicked "confirm payment" again (for like the 7th time in 2 days)...still no dice. Got the red error message again "we cannot complete your order at this time".

The account still isnt limited, but it might as well be since I have no means of withdrawing from it, and now it wont allow me to spend the $ either =/
Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 84%

That sounds like a big mess to me, I've never had to recieve a call when using a regular paypal with regular ip for making online purchases, sounds like that paypal is out of whack, I'd start over fresh with a new one.
Old 10-16-2011

lol what a mess. I cant just walk away, because the account has almost 500$ in it, and the goods have already shipped (tracking added and all). I decided to throw a hail mary pass. It'll probably end up getting limited, reversed, and possibly bring down one of my own seller accounts with it, but I just couldnt walk away from $500, knowing I'd have next to no chance of ever getting that $.
Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 72%

Has anyone tried starting with a regular IP with a fresh paypal and seeing what happens?
Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 76%

I ordered a egift card from wal mart a couple of weeks ago, about $140. Usually they go right through, this time, it was a few hours and wal mart called to verify that it was legit. Told them yes, all was well. But from experience, if the address shipping to does not match the one from pay pal and even if it does and it is not confirmed, then the order is not going to go through if it's a large amount... and this is not rock solid, this is just from my experience
Old 10-17-2011

Damn, this is becoming a huge debate. Different experiences. I'm going to have to step up and give it a try soon so I will report here soon! Wish me the best of luck.
Old 10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
So I attempted to receive the call from them...I added a new #, and then it prompted me to add a new address (that they said must match the address on my phone bill). I added an address that would match the area code of the new # I added. At first it said some info was missing, and said "verification failed"...I dont know why that happened...I had all the fields filled. Then I entered the info again, and it just brought me to the confirm payment screen. It never actually called me. So I clicked "confirm payment"...got the red error message saying they couldnt complete the order at that time.

Then I added the new phone # to my paypal directly, thinking maybe instead of having to choose "add a new #" when trying to make the purchase, I'd already have the new # saved as my primary number for the paypal, and be better off. No dice. This time it didnt even ask me to receive a call...it just prompted me to confirm my full bank account#. I did that and clicked "confirm payment" again (for like the 7th time in 2 days)...still no dice. Got the red error message again "we cannot complete your order at this time".

The account still isnt limited, but it might as well be since I have no means of withdrawing from it, and now it wont allow me to spend the $ either =/
Why doesn't it allow you to spend the money? Unless it's on hold until all items are shipped?
Old 10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Why doesn't it allow you to spend the money? Unless it's on hold until all items are shipped?
The account showed no evidence of any holds. It still doesn't. I may have been successful on my hail mary attempt, and now the account still is not limited (after taking 425 of the 475 that it initially had out). I'm just crossing my fingers now that a few days will pass with no reversals =/

I had 2 other accounts that I was using, that also had a history of being accessed over VPNs. Now, I'm just using those accounts on regular IPs, and trying to get some browsing history and cookies established on them before I try to withdraw or spend the money they're holding.

I knew that VPNs could be a red flag, but since I never had any issues with them before, I never would have guessed that they could cause this much of a mess. Hopefully I can get through without it becoming an expensive lesson =/
Old 10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
The account showed no evidence of any holds. It still doesn't. I may have been successful on my hail mary attempt, and now the account still is not limited (after taking 425 of the 475 that it initially had out). I'm just crossing my fingers now that a few days will pass with no reversals =/

I had 2 other accounts that I was using, that also had a history of being accessed over VPNs. Now, I'm just using those accounts on regular IPs, and trying to get some browsing history and cookies established on them before I try to withdraw or spend the money they're holding.

I knew that VPNs could be a red flag, but since I never had any issues with them before, I never would have guessed that they could cause this much of a mess. Hopefully I can get through without it becoming an expensive lesson =/

Congrats! But how did you take the money? Did you make any purchases at Walmart or withdrew to a bank account?
Old 10-17-2011

Well...It's definitely too early for any pats on the back. I didn't do anything I'd call smart...just the only thing I could think of, that would give me a small chance of ever getting the $ out. If a few more days pass without a reversal I'll feel more comfortable. Right now I'm just watching the involved accounts with my fingers crossed haha.

I haven't totally given up on the walmart W/D plan though. Once I get a suitable account up, I'll see how it works on a fresh (normal IP) account.