Newbie - limited Paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-25-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Newbie - limited Paypal account

Hi folks, UK-based newbie here.

My Paypal account has been "limited" permanently - reason being that my 19 year old son (who lives at home) had been selling a few items on Ebay that he had obtained from a Chinese supplier and presumably someone had complained to Ebay that he was selling "⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods". My son has vowed to never again use Ebay or Paypal. However, my Paypal account and my wife's Paypal account have been permanently "limited", as well as my son's.

Despite my protestations that this has got nothing to do with me (I have 100% positive feedback on my own Ebay account), Paypal will not budge - they say that I represent a "risk" as my son lives at home and shares my computer.

Although my Paypal account is permanently limited, my Ebay account is NOT suspended.

A couple of questions:

1. I can still use Ebay, but most sellers want to be paid by Paypal. I cannot pay using my Paypal account, but I have noticed that Paypal allows me to pay as a "guest" as long as I use a different debit/credit card to the one that was linked to my Paypal account. Can I continue to do this ad infinitem? Someone told me that Paypal impose a limit on the number of times someone can pay by Paypal as a "guest" with a card. Is that right? If so, how many times can I do this? Is it so many times per year, or just a one-off limit?

2. Is there any way I can continue to sell stuff on Ebay? If I say that I don't accept Paypal as a seller I suspect that most Ebay users won't want to buy from me! Is there any way round this?

3. I have done a bit of research on getting round a Paypal limitation and it seems that I would have to use a new user name, a new postal address, a new bank account and card and use a new computer with a new Broadband supplier (ISP). This seems like a lot of trouble to go to for someone who is a low level Ebay user and not using it for their livelihood. Any comments or advice?

Many thanks,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well I sympathise. ebay is great for buying on.

The only issue with guest paying is that the address is the same as banned one. You would need a new card too.

Usually buying is not scrutinized as much as selling, so you could risk just going ahead and pay as guest on same name and banned address, but probably better switch few things around. There are ways round this and to still get the item, it involves varying your address, and paying with real card and possibly changing the door number to house name or viceversa. Do this as a guest or as a new ebay/paypal pairing.

Note that for the avs on a bank card to go thru, usually it is just the postcode that needs to match. So different ways to place the house number eg No.45 instead of 45, or house name is good one. If the avs will not go thru on your particular card then a vcc is an alternative payment method.

I seem to remember paying as a guest is limited to just twice now per address, I am not 100% sure of that though, also you can only get buy it nows.

I think 6 or 12 months down the line you can go back to buying with banned address, and different name ie. people move.

Hope this is not too confusing, basically you are trying to fool their automated registration system, whilst still using your bank card and getting the items to your address. It does work.

As for the limitation and continuing to sell, that is a different issue and bit more complicated, you would need to be stealth for that, the ebook is recommended, or at least continue reading the forums, before setting one up. Ebay is useless without paypal for selling as you stated, in fact you have to offer paypal if you sell in Uk.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-25-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2012

Longevity: 75%

Solid advise as always from Oompah

In my view you are shot down. If you need or want to use Ebay there is no real alternative at this stage to getting a new set of accounts, seems excessive just to buy but I don't really see how else you can deal.