My paypal just got limited, will ebay follow?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-06-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default My paypal just got limited, will ebay follow??

Anyone that can give me info THANK YOU.

I have an ebay account and a website.

On my website I had some college teams on handmade items, (stupid mistake I know) and paypal limited me and told me because my WEBSITE had items that were not authorized they were limiting me and I cant receive money now.

My question is, my ebay is still up and running. I put it on vacation mode and about 10 customers have commited to buy but were unable to pay.
I removed my paypal from my ebay.

should I just refund them or can I put somone elses paypal up?

Can I hook up my boyfriends paypal to my ebay and keep going on, or am I screwed?

will they shut ebay down eventually too?

I also have an artfire.com. no new sales since paypal limits so can I just add his paypal there too? Its all differant info?

Should we use a library computer for different IP?

any answers are MUCH appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-07-2012
Threadstarter  

I removed my paypal email from my ebay and added another 2 year verified account. Sales are going through fine, will it help that this paypal is verified and not "brand new"?

I guess i will see what happens.
Old 09-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no the ebay acc may be ok, but the are much less useful without the original paypal attached.

I have working ebay accs still standing for years after paypal went down, but hard to do alot with them...
Gulfside (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply.

So far I hooked up my husbands paypal to my ebay and sales are coming in with no problems, will we be ok as long as I NEVER logg into HIS paypal or print labels with the same IP as my old paypal?
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
no the ebay acc may be ok, but the are much less useful without the original paypal attached.

I have working ebay accs still standing for years after paypal went down, but hard to do alot with them...
Thanks for your comments on that,...it answered my situation also. (Paypal limited,...but Ebay has been going good for awhile now). I just recently found this forum,...and discovered some really dumb things I was doing with Paypal (using a bunch of my old computers to log into my PP account with at various times,...using a stupid proxy that made me look like I was in Germany instead of the US,...which I thought was sooooo cool at the time...etc. etc. etc.)
I had that PP account since 2003,..and just wish I had found this forum, and you knowledge-able folx sooner! "Too soon old,...too late smart"....
Old 09-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

boyfriend in one post, husband in another post

Your whole way of doing this is going to end up badly.

you should not just link an account here or an account there and expect things will go well.

What you have done so far has maybe put 2 paypals in peril.

Old 09-07-2012
Threadstarter  

I mis-typed I meant to say husband in the first post its only one that I uploaded, we just have a different last name I never changed mine so thats what I meant.
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
boyfriend in one post, husband in another post

KAKAKAKAK Good Point !
Old 09-08-2012

WHOOT!!!!
I just got an email from PP saying my account (my original from 2003) has just been completely restored! They even appologized for any inconvenience (how sweet).

Thank goodness I found this forum in time to not make the same stupid mistakes I had been making. I never really sold very much on Ebay,..but now that I am retired, I was planning on seriously starting the home business routine. I simply MUST get a copy of "eBay Stealth" and plan on getting a few stealth accounts created to have on hand. I shall lurk here steadily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gulfside For This Useful Post:
Jwizard (09-16-2012)
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum.

I am glad you got your pp restored.

As for /quote

Thank goodness I found this forum in time to not make the same stupid mistakes I had been making

I hope you have not wasted other pp's linking to this eb account...if so, I would wager that you have caused a big link mess. However, time will tell - just operate wisely.

All the best.
Old 09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I am glad you got your pp restored.

As for /quote

Thank goodness I found this forum in time to not make the same stupid mistakes I had been making

I hope you have not wasted other pp's linking to this eb account...if so, I would wager that you have caused a big link mess. However, time will tell - just operate wisely.

All the best.
..oh nooooo,...I actually don't have ANY other PP (or Ebay) accounts, just these two old originals. I was studying this forum with a fine tooth comb to try and start up stealth accounts all new and not linked in any way. Having this original PP restored has come as a shock,..since they were demanding DL#,...SS#,..my knee-caps,..and my first born. I was totally ignoring them, thinking all was a total loss, anyhow.

Thanks for mentioning about the possibility of linking,....that's what I have been carefully following and studying the forum for (how not to link). I have been finding out so many things, that I had absolutely NO idea about before. Who knew?
Old 09-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Just got restored as well. I dont know how I just did what they asked and they granted me access back. I just got the following email:

Thank you for making the necessary changes in order to comply with PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy. After a recent review of your account, we have found
that you have completed the requirements to remove the limitation and have
granted an appeal.

Im gonna keep the other paypal up for now since its verified and when this cools off restore my original one.

I learned my lesson and I learned it well. Good luck to everyone else with the same issue, If its because of an outside website other than ebay just promptly remove the items,
kiss butt in your appeal letter and hope for the best, and talk to a real person , that's what I did and I begged him to push it through for review.

I wont be keeping my eggs all in one basket anymore. The income is great but everyone needs a plan B

eBay Stealth sounds like the best plan I can do incase this ever happens again then my whole lively hood wont be in jeopardy.
Old 09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbloves1979 View Post

I wont be keeping my eggs all in one basket anymore. The income is great but everyone needs a plan B

eBay Stealth sounds like the best plan I can do incase this ever happens again then my whole lively hood wont be in jeopardy.
This is the exact same way I now feel, as well. To have my old and (I thought) stable PP to become suddenly limited,... just shows how not safe it all really is. You can't depend on only one PP and one Ebay to stay the same forever. Best to create several (not-linked) PP and eBay Stealth accounts. You just never know when the ax will fall.
Old 09-18-2012

Longevity: 76%

I have a good ebay account (top rated) with a recently suspended paypal account. If I add a new paypal account, can anyone give me a good advice how to do it so I dont get limited in my new paypal?