My PPal was limited but they sent no notice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default My PPal was limited but they sent no notice

Hello I've had a lot of experience thru the years with different accounts, this one ive been using for almost 2 years with no problem. I sell non vero smaller priced items, with a variation of my name i managed to get thru the phone interview and i got back on ebay and signed up for a new pp using ally bank with no problem.

One day all of the sudden my paypal username wouldnt work, i thought i was hacked , it just said cant login at this time.. After trying on my phone it said sorry your account has been restricted or limited. My eb account is fine, in fact listings remained but no one could buy any of them with no paypal attached now.

I had some personal issues these last couple months and i got really sloppy, it was so stupid of me. I was paying a friend of mine a $100 every couple of weeks for a service completely unrelated to ebay, and i was using pp to accept payments on a smaller retail site that sells music, again totally unrelated to ebay. A couple weeks ago i had 2 small chargebacks from that website that i stupidly didnt respond to, i just figured they would work themselves out and eventually the buyer would get the money back. I also sent my friend another $100.

The problem this time is there was hardly any money in the pp or my bank account at the time. I still sent the $100 knowing there wasnt enough in either account, thinking it would be ok because this happened before and i got an email saying we will attempt to charge your bank account in 3 more days in which by then id put some funds in there. Im an idiot i took advantage of sending money thinking nothing could happen.

before the 3 days and before i could transfer money back into the pp, this limit happened. The weird thing is i got no kind of email about this ever. I put money in the bank account and i noticed they took it out, so i dont think its in the red anymore... but i still cant log in.

Im afraid to contact them and ask whats up , because i dont want them to just turn around and say well until you fix your limit were going to suspend the ebay account too... my experience has always been the less contact with the powers that be the better. Im not used to these problems i started with the multiple accounts and being stealth more than 10 years ago, back then they would just suspend the ebay account and nothing happened to the paypal. I used the same ppal account for tons of new accounts for years

Any help would be great sorry about the long post.. Should i contact them and hope for the best? Should i add a new bank account to my old paypal account ive had for almost 10 years thats not limited, and tie that to my current ebay? Should i try to attach a whole new stealth pp account to my ebay account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: My PPal was limited but they sent no notice

Adding another Paypal to your eBay will not work. You are dealing with the same company.

Start another eBay and link it to your aged Paypal.
Schooly D (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Adding another Paypal to your eBay will not work. You are dealing with the same company.

Thank you for your help, damn I really didn't want to just drop this ebay account that as it has 400+ feedbacks and a 99.8% rating and hundreds of already set listing templates.

When i try to relist one of my items from before it says please add a paypal email address.. are they asking this to kind of "trap" me to get me to add other accounts knowing they will just restrict them? Im pretty sure the reasons i got limited had nothing to do with being linked to other old accounts, i have been stealth for 2 years nothing has changed.. im pretty sure it was these stupid mistakes i made at the same time recently that did it..

So before i just ditch this still active ebay account which is useless without linking a new paypal email address to, do you or anyone else here think maybe its worth a try, maybe I could salvage the existing limited paypal (which has a proper social security number provided and everything) by just contacting them and explaining everything nicely and explaining I wont spend without having the full funds in there again?

Since the issues werent about ebay, if dont even mention my ebay account do you think they would still close my ebay account just for contacting paypal to ask whats wrong? Man doing the math it would be so much better if i could just get this existing eb acct going again

Last edited by Schooly D; 10-25-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-25-2014
Threadstarter  

Man if I could I would erase this thread and start over a little later.. i typed way too much, too many paragraphs , surely chasing most away sorry for the bad posting etiquette everybody
Old 10-25-2014

Longevity: 59%

I agree, if you link another paypal account, it will probably screw everything up......If you want to try and save that ebay account, I don't see anyway around calling them.

Worst thing they can do it kill it, and it's pretty dead now anyway....I'd just tell them the facts and act very humble, and above all...DO NOT deal with an overseas rep....that's suicide....ONLY deal with a rep int he USA. If they transfer you to a overseas, simply hang up and call back.......good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
Schooly D (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
I agree, if you link another paypal account, it will probably screw everything up......If you want to try and save that ebay account, I don't see anyway around calling them.

Worst thing they can do it kill it, and it's pretty dead now anyway....I'd just tell them the facts and act very humble, and above all...DO NOT deal with an overseas rep....that's suicide....ONLY deal with a rep int he USA. If they transfer you to a overseas, simply hang up and call back.......good luck!
Thanks! Man I wanted to avoid calling them but looks like i might have to. Originally I figured I would attach my old paypal account , or buy a stealth paypal account here and attach it to my existing ebay... I understand they are the same company but considering I probably didnt get limited because of being linked to any past suspended accounts that attaching my old paypal which has a variation of the name on the ebay account would work. If this forum didnt exist I wouldve probably tried it already and then just started listing items and just see what happened.

I figured before by doing that, and not contacting any customer support at all, that I could kind of fly under the radar right back into selling. Is there some kind of red flag that my current ebay account is under? Again one day I tried to log in and it just didnt work, i got no notice from paypal or ebay about anything.

Im just wondering why wouldnt attaching my old paypal work .. or a new stealth one unless someone later was to "review" my ebay account after I started selling again or something like that? imo my old paypal account is so old, and with a different bank now, it is a variation of my real name but besides that i dont see it getting linked to anything suspended from the past I dont think that would be a problem. Of course since they didnt send me any information I dont know the real reason they limited me..

Maybe they think Im a fraud because of the couple chargebacks and $100 sending issue, and any further activity from the person who used to own that paypal account (me) will be stopped including trying to sell again with another paypal account??? in the past i got used to them just suspending the ebay account and thats that.. I figure my ebay isnt suspended because either a. this all happened under the radar kind of and its still salvageable or b. they know exactly what they are doing and the ebay still exists to sneakily trap me into giving up my other "stealth" accounts so thety can close them too (thats freakin crazy if thats the case!)
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post

How will that work?

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-26-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooly D View Post
Maybe they think Im a fraud because of the couple chargebacks and $100 sending issue, and any further activity from the person who used to own that paypal account (me) will be stopped including trying to sell again with another paypal account??? in the past i got used to them just suspending the ebay account and thats that.. I figure my ebay isnt suspended because either a. this all happened under the radar kind of and its still salvageable or b. they know exactly what they are doing and the ebay still exists to sneakily trap me into giving up my other "stealth" accounts so thety can close them too (thats freakin crazy if thats the case!)
paypal have a type of quality control

They do not like accounts repeating poor patterns like no funds. You might get by at the least a couple of times. Bit no more than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Schooly D (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
paypal have a type of quality control

They do not like accounts repeating poor patterns like no funds. You might get by at the least a couple of times. Bit no more than that.
That makes sense yeah, i definitely got sloppy the last few months and took for granted that i would always have that pp account as long as I had good fdback on ebay. Im confused what to do next, maybe no matter how nice I ask paypal to reinstate it and how much i promise not to get in any poor patterns like no funds again that they will just not reinstate it.Im starting to lean a little to attaching the old paypal.. has anyone here had this same experience?

Starting a new ebay I would have to go stealth, im not 100% sure how it all works but i would probably be purchasing a stealth ebay account here to use with my old exisitng paypal if i were to take goteBays advice.

Since I would have to do that, maybe i should take my chances with attaching the old one to the existing paypal first, and if it doesnt work and both the exisitng ebay and old paypal get suspended as a result... then i can try plan b and buy new stealth paypal and ebay accounts and try that since i was going to have to buy anyways..
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That makes sense yeah, i definitely got sloppy the last few months and took for granted that i would always have that pp account as long as I had good fdback on ebay. Im confused what to do next, maybe no matter how nice I ask paypal to reinstate it and how much i promise not to get in any poor patterns like no funds again that they will just not reinstate it.Im starting to lean a little to attaching the old paypal.. has anyone here had this same experience?

paypal always want to protect themselves. ebay feedback rarely counts.

You could try if you wanted.

How many paypals do you have?
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
paypal always want to protect themselves. ebay feedback rarely counts.

You could try if you wanted.

How many paypals do you have?
Now i only have that old one left..

A couple years ago when i created this username on here I managed to start a new paypal and ebay account with a variation of my name and get past the phone interview. I was pretty sure since the ebay was a brand new account that attaching the way old paypal account from the start before that initial phone interview lifting the starter 10/500 dollar limits wouldnt be a good idea.

But now that ive been selling successfully for 2 years with no issues there might not be any red flags with attaching the old paypal since both the ebay and the old paypal are in good standing with no issues
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

I can not quite grasp this train of thought.

Just because it has been OK, does not mean it will go on that way.

You considering putting the ebay that has a limited paypal attached to another old standing paypal?

You are linking yourself, in reality.
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I can not quite grasp this train of thought.

Just because it has been OK, does not mean it will go on that way.

You considering putting the ebay that has a limited paypal attached to another old standing paypal?

You are linking yourself, in reality.
Well in my case everything was ok until i made some stupid non ebay related mistakes with my paypal.. I guess i was wondering if I could sneak in and just attach the old paypal, and from there not make any more stupid mistakes, (like always pay my ebay fees on time, etc.) would that work?

of course if i did that and it worked, but then made more sloppy mistakes later i would expect someone from either paypal or ebay to investigate, and THEN they would see im linked and proceed to physically close both accounts.

Im sure most of you here have a lot more experience than me on these things.. But i keep wondering is ebay actively trying to trap me, and even though its 10+ years old and a different bank account would adding the old standing paypal INSTANTLY get me banned using some automated system?
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Get a few backups going right away - implement good stealth method
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well in my case everything was ok until i made some stupid non ebay related mistakes with my paypal.. I guess i was wondering if I could sneak in and just attach the old paypal, and from there not make any more stupid mistakes, (like always pay my ebay fees on time, etc.) would that work?
I play poker. Love the game.

But I avoid advising people to risk their own hands.

Knowing what I know about paypal/ebay, your last good hand may have been dealt.

Good Luck with whatever choice you make.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Schooly D (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Get a few backups going right away - implement good stealth method
Yes, another good point. This is a great forum ive been on for 2 years regardless of what happens with this current situation im working on saving up to get the book and new stealth accounts right now.

If it ends up i dont need them right away and my plan works its all good because I would give the stealth acct to my family member who i burned their chance of selling currently because i used their name years ago making new accounts
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes, another good point. This is a great forum ive been on for 2 years regardless of what happens with this current situation im working on saving up to get the book and new stealth accounts right now.

If it ends up i dont need them right away and my plan works its all good because I would give the stealth acct to my family member who i burned their chance of selling currently because i used their name years ago making new accounts
No, no, no. Dont give your account to family. That's another lot of issues.

You can consider TRIAL PAY to obtain a subscription.
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I play poker. Love the game.

But I avoid advising people to risk their own hands.

Knowing what I know about paypal/ebay, your last good hand may have been dealt.

Good Luck with whatever choice you make.

I appreciate that thank you! I'm going take whatever other advice i can get and sleep on it.. I'll follow up later too if anyone cares to see what happened
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I appreciate that thank you! I'm going take whatever other advice i can get and sleep on it.. I'll follow up later too if anyone cares to see what happened
We sure do.

Always hope to be able to help users beat ebay/paypal.

It's a gooooooooood feeling.

Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No, no, no. Dont give your account to family. That's another lot of issues.

You can consider TRIAL PAY to obtain a subscription.
Ahh ok.. I definitely have a lot to learn now.. i had a good run for a lot of years getting back on myself when problems arose, but now i need help and i will learn the ways of stealth and never join the darkside.. may the stealth be with you
The Following User Says Thank You to Schooly D For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

The Force is growing stronger here