PayPal account limited- "2500€" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-04-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default PayPal account limited- "2500€"

On Saturday (30th July), my PayPal account was limited and my funds have been held since then as I had "exceeded the annual receiving limit of 2500€".

I added a copy of my recent driving license (proof of ID) and a copy of a bank statement (proof of address) from back in 2011 on Saturday night. But on Sunday afternoon, I received an email from PayPal stating that the document provided for proof of address wasn't accepted as it was an old document. I don't have any recent bank statements as I opted to go for the "paperless" option and have been using the online statements when my bank introduced that.

In the emai they sent,, it also said that I could submit a driving license if it showed the full address and had been issued in the last 12 months. So I then submitted the same copy of my driving license as I used for proof of ID. On Monday morning however, I received another email from PayPal saying that the address on my driving license and the one on my PayPal did not match. The only thing that was different was that my driving license showed the word "APARTMENT ##" while I left out the word "apartment" and only inputted the flat number on the address on my PayPal account. I have since then edited my address on PayPal and added the word "APARTMENT" in front of my flat number to match the one on my driving license.

It has then been 3 days since I corrected my address in my "account settings/details" page but I haven't received any further emails or confirmations about this issue. I was led to understand that they prioritise accounts that have already been limited in these types of cases? I have also sent them an email twice (1st on Tuesday, 2nd on Wednesday) but they seem to have just ignored them.

I am going away on holiday this weekend so I was hoping to withdraw my funds to my bank account to use... but now that my funds have been frozen and I haven't gotten any response from PayPal, it seems like I still won't have access to my funds by the time I leave.

So my question is, how long did these case reviews take for anybody who might have been affected by the same "2500€ receiving limit" before? Would I be seeing my money any time soon (or more importantly, by this weekend)?

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2016

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: PayPal account limited- "2500€"

I'd recommend you calling them

I am not sure about other countries but here in Spain for example, PayPal doesn't bother reading/answering 90% of the emails (speaking from personal experience), and they don't read limitation emails at all (they send an automatic response to call them).

Usually document reviews take about one work week, but I had one case where they've spent almost two weeks without progress and I had to call them. After that in 2 days I received news from them.
Old 08-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierAlonsoMartin View Post
I'd recommend you calling them

I am not sure about other countries but here in Spain for example, PayPal doesn't bother reading/answering 90% of the emails (speaking from personal experience), and they don't read limitation emails at all (they send an automatic response to call them).

Usually document reviews take about one work week, but I had one case where they've spent almost two weeks without progress and I had to call them. After that in 2 days I received news from them.
Thank you for the reply.

I have tried calling but they never get back to me. I am currently on a 40 minute hold after being told by the automated message that they will get back to me within 27 minutes.

They have ignored several more emails and have even sent the same messages to them on Twitter and Facebook. I've sent them messages for the past 3 days asking when they will reply but it seems like it will be in a decade's time at this rate.

It has been a week since I uploaded my proof of ID + address and am totally in the dark as to if they even accepted it or not.
Old 08-06-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardN View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I have tried calling but they never get back to me. I am currently on a 40 minute hold after being told by the automated message that they will get back to me within 27 minutes.

They have ignored several more emails and have even sent the same messages to them on Twitter and Facebook. I've sent them messages for the past 3 days asking when they will reply but it seems like it will be in a decade's time at this rate.

It has been a week since I uploaded my proof of ID + address and am totally in the dark as to if they even accepted it or not.

To be honest I wouldn't waste time writing to them, just try to call at different times of the day and hope for the best.

I usually call at 1-2 PM and they connect me with the limitation department pretty fast.

But the work hours of their customer service are pretty long so you can just try calling every hour or so and see if you get lucky
Old 08-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

try attaching the drivers licence again, as you will not get updates in the resolution centre if you update your address on your account.

You can also download your bank statement or any utility bill online with the correct address showing and attach that to the resolution centre. They do accept those.

You need to actually attach documents to the resolution centre to get any form of response from them.