How do ebay refunds work with Paypal claim it account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default How do ebay refunds work with Paypal claim it account

I have tried to find this answer for 3 months. My paypal account will become a claim it or accept money account on June 13. If I can't give refunds back through Paypal what will happen on ebay when a refund won't go through on Paypal? Will ebay charge my bank account on file on ebay or will they suspend me? I know Paypal won't refund the payment so what happens then????? Surely someone knows how to deal with refunds on claim it accounts by now.

Last edited by leenie; 05-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: How do ebay refunds work with Paypal claim it account

Some people here with claim it pp accounts say you cannot give a refund period via paypal once it turns to claim it. Others say paypal has to give a refund the same way a buyer paid so paypal would have to accept refunds so will take it out of your bank account. I need to know which one is true because only one can be right. I'm assuming that if paypal will not refund at all then ebay will have to step in for all refunds that are denied by paypal and then I will get suspended from ebay eventually for too many cases that ebay has to step in to resolve. I sell used clothes so I get a lot of refund requests as buyers don't read measurements. I need to know in advance what to anticipate.
Old 05-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie View Post
I have tried to find this answer for 3 months. My paypal account will become a claim it or accept money account on June 13. If I can't give refunds back through Paypal what will happen on ebay when a refund won't go through on Paypal? Do they charge my bank account on file or will they suspend me? I know Paypal won't refund the payment so what happens then????? Surely someone knows how to deal with refunds on claim it accounts by now.
Will you be withdrawing to a bank account? PP should be able to allow for refund by debiting from the bank account source I would think.
Old 05-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Yes, I will be withdrawing to a bank account. From what I understand on here is that Paypal can't give refunds by charging your bank account because that is sending money and I will only be able to withdraw. Does anyone know for a fact if paypal will charge a bank account for refunds or not? I need to know.

Last edited by leenie; 05-17-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie View Post
Yes, I will be withdrawing to a bank account. From what I understand on here is that Paypal can't give refunds by charging your bank account because that is sending money and I will only be able to withdraw. Does anyone know for a fact if paypal will charge a bank account for refunds or not? I need to know.
Good point - I wonder what pp agents are trained to say when ppl call in to try and do a manual refund...
Old 05-17-2019
Threadstarter  

I found the answer on Paypal "If we have not verified the required identifying information, a balance in your business PayPal account can be used to fund payments or money owed to PayPal, such as payments on your PayPal Working Capital account or monies owed for refunds or chargebacks." I didn't realize that a business account still had a balance when it turned to Claim It.
Old 05-18-2019

Longevity: 30%

I ran into this problem after I transferred all the money to my bank from one of my stealth acts. Paypal would not transfer the money from my linked bank act to cover the return. I now have some stuff put aside that will sell immediately or very quickly in case I run into that problem again. Not a good solution. Hopefully there's another way.
The Following User Says Thank You to kinsey For This Useful Post:
rsot (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

If you sell used clothes and buyer opens a case of INAD ,Paypal should immediately withhold the fund in your account,and when he return the item using Ebay shipping label,you will go to the case and do the refund or Ebay bot will do it for you.
if he pays with cc ,it goes back to his cc account ,it will take days to show up.
Ebay can access your Paypal account.
Old 05-18-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post
I ran into this problem after I transferred all the money to my bank from one of my stealth acts. Paypal would not transfer the money from my linked bank act to cover the return. I now have some stuff put aside that will sell immediately or very quickly in case I run into that problem again. Not a good solution. Hopefully there's another way.
Paypal does not access your bank account to withdraw money,some claim they do,but if the dispute put your paypal account negative,it will askyou to transfer fund to make it neutral,or if you keep selling,future payment will be applied to the deficit.
Now some said Etsy which uses Ayden,will access our bank account,and I HAVE SEEN it,so if Ebay embraces Ayden,will it access our bank account?????