PayPal Steals My Money a Week Before 180 Days - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: PayPal Steals My Money a Week Before 180 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icykid298 View Post
So you checked back a week before 180 days?
Just to clarify here.

I checked back a couple times before and after 180 days. Those funds were in the account, no issues. I did not withdraw them.

Now all of sudden I logged into paypal recently and the funds were all removed from the account transferred to PayPal.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2019

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icykid298 View Post
So you checked back a week before 180 days?
Updated your reply here - https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...violation.html
Old 04-23-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleWarehouse View Post
Thanks for the reply nickopedia, I have heard that sending a formal demand letter to their legal department in San Jose actually works really well.

They take it pretty serious and they respond in quick fashion to it too from what I've heard. They'll respond to it and normally not challenge it to court because PayPal knows they can lose much more in court if a lawsuit is filed. It doesn't make sense for them to show up to court and lose over a small amount of money in their eyes. That's why a lot of people are recommending sending a letter of demand.

They usually respond to it from what I've heard a few days after they receive it. The letter itself is usually set for 30 days to respond.

I've noticed when I sent them threats from BBB or the Attorney General they responded to those as well but because there was no real threat of a lawsuit they would fight the case and make me wait. This will be different since this will lead to arbitration and PayPal will take it way more seriously.

I'm not sure if you can confirm this or not but do you know if PayPal gives you all your money back or do they do a partial settlement where they give you something like 70-80% of it? That's the one question that I haven't had answered yet but other people have aid they've gotten the full amount they're owed for back.

Right now I'm getting the Demand Letter drawn up right now through LetterDash but I'm trying to find San Jose's legal department address then I'll be set and wait to get the final review as they allow me to review the letter before it's sent out which is cool.

I am using this site called LetterDash where they use real attorneys to write up the letter for you and send it out to PayPal. Make sure you get an attorney to write it and send it. Don't do it yourself because it needs to look real and it needs to come from an actual law office so that PayPal's legal department takes it seriously. I'll give more information on how it goes once I get a reply back from PayPal.

any update?
Old 04-24-2020

Longevity: 27%

Paypal only understand force. Use it against them!

Quote:
I first got limited way back in April and I kept using PayPal for another couple of months and now I got something like over $11k frozen up with them. $8,800 of that was due to be unfrozen on Sunday so I could finally withdraw it to my bank.

Something was telling me to check my PayPal accounts not that long ago and I see that PayPal has withdrawn the money to themselves basically stealing it from me. They claim they did it via PayPal's Damages Caused by Acceptable Use Policy Violation.

So I called a friend for legal advice soon after I found about it and they told me it's time to find local consumer attorneys in my area and send a legal demand letter in order PayPal give back the money within the next 30 days or they will be taken to court. They usually cave in every time because they don't want to go to court. That might be what I have to do something I'm shamefully afraid to say that I should've done way back in April when they first froze the accounts up. I wasted my time contacting the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General Office who did absolutely nothing for me on this accept let PayPal get their way and keep my money locked up away from me for 6 long months.

Has anybody else been in this situation?
Old 11-01-2020

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Yeah, legitimate just spoke to a lawyer online who couldn't help with the letter since they weren't local or free but did tell me PayPal will cave in every time even if somebody was selling something illegal. The problem with PayPal too is they never tell you specifically what you did wrong either that's how he knew what they were doing was illegal.

He says what they're doing is illegal if they make you wait for 180 days only to keep the money and they know it so they will not in most cases stand their ground but he told me to contact somebody locally during business hours and get that letter drawn up. So that's a third person confirming this letter, just amazing how I'm just finding out about this letter now. LOL!

PayPal can't ignore demand letters because they know the next step is the court and they don't want to lose more money than it's worth. For PayPal, $11k is small change, if it were millions that'd be worth a fight for them.
Big law firm in Los Angeles told me the opposite, that demand letters don't work:

(1) we do not write demand letters on contingency; (2) $400,000 is below our threshold for an individual lawsuit (should the demand letter fail you will need to litigate this case – which it will. Paypal does not simply roll over with a demand letter; they fight everything); (3) Paypal’s terms and conditions mandate arbitration which is a much less favorable forum for plaintiffs than court; and (4) Paypal’s terms and conditions now contain a class action waiver which means no one can bring class actions against Paypal anymore which were the only truly viable cases (financially and legally).

I can pay a lawfirm $10,000 retainer to initiate arbitration proceedings, but first, trying a 5th demand letter on my own. The first 4, all throughout 2020, have all been ignored by their Litigation Department even though I followed their directions and submitted this form each time, supposed to get a response within 30 days: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...notice-dispute

Last edited by cs38; 11-01-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2020

Activity: 32%
Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Thanks for the reply nickopedia, I have heard that sending a formal demand letter to their legal department in San Jose actually works really well.

They take it pretty serious and they respond in quick fashion to it too from what I've heard. They'll respond to it and normally not challenge it to court because PayPal knows they can lose much more in court if a lawsuit is filed. It doesn't make sense for them to show up to court and lose over a small amount of money in their eyes. That's why a lot of people are recommending sending a letter of demand.

They usually respond to it from what I've heard a few days after they receive it. The letter itself is usually set for 30 days to respond.

I've noticed when I sent them threats from BBB or the Attorney General they responded to those as well but because there was no real threat of a lawsuit they would fight the case and make me wait. This will be different since this will lead to arbitration and PayPal will take it way more seriously.

I'm not sure if you can confirm this or not but do you know if PayPal gives you all your money back or do they do a partial settlement where they give you something like 70-80% of it? That's the one question that I haven't had answered yet but other people have aid they've gotten the full amount they're owed for back.

Right now I'm getting the Demand Letter drawn up right now through LetterDash but I'm trying to find San Jose's legal department address then I'll be set and wait to get the final review as they allow me to review the letter before it's sent out which is cool.

I am using this site called LetterDash where they use real attorneys to write up the letter for you and send it out to PayPal. Make sure you get an attorney to write it and send it. Don't do it yourself because it needs to look real and it needs to come from an actual law office so that PayPal's legal department takes it seriously. I'll give more information on how it goes once I get a reply back from PayPal.
Hey there,

any update on this?

I have just gotten hit with this same issue and I saw that paypal took the funds out of my account last month when the 180 days is about to be up in 2 months.