Chargeback after refund. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-28-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default Chargeback after refund.

I have a buyer who bought for few hundreds. No he wants a refund and I a agreed to refund everything except 5%.

My question is can he chargeback after I issue the refund assuming he funded his paypal account using credit card and will I have to give 2x of the money I received?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,814
Thanks: 454
Thanked 287 Times in 233 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Can't see how. The credit card company would see that he got 95% of the money back to his account. Maybe the remaining 5% could be eligibly for a chargeback?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Can't see how. The credit card company would see that he got 95% of the money back to his account. Maybe the remaining 5% could be eligibly for a chargeback?

I too guess the same but I have started a similar thread long time ago

and was told about something called double-dipping.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ue-refund.html

Would like to make sure
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,814
Thanks: 454
Thanked 287 Times in 233 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Don't know anything about "double-dipping", but this shows why accepting credit cards through Paypal (especially off-eBay) is so crappy. A real merchant account can fight a chargeback. I bet Paypal's version of "fighting" is to do nothing except to say the seller is guilty!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
Powerseller (08-29-2011)
  #5  
Old 08-29-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Hope, someone can chime in
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-29-2011
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,205
Thanks: 4,673
Thanked 7,196 Times in 6,560 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

This is rough and there are ways he could do it - I can't discuss it out in the open on this sub-forum since it may spark ideas. Again: yes he could do it but in MOSt cases, no I would not worry that he will.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Powerseller (08-29-2011)
  #7  
Old 08-30-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
This is rough and there are ways he could do it - I can't discuss it out in the open on this sub-forum since it may spark ideas. Again: yes he could do it but in MOSt cases, no I would not worry that he will.


The thanks button is not enough. Thanks for all the help via PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2011
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,205
Thanks: 4,673
Thanked 7,196 Times in 6,560 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Good stuff
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offered buyer a refund to revise there feedback and they did it before refund... jerseykat1 eBay Discussion! 12 01-11-2011 08:50 PM
Chargeback? art888 eBay Discussion! 3 09-23-2010 10:15 PM
Can't refund buyer..Can only refund from bank account starvela Paypal Limited 12 08-10-2010 03:56 PM
Buyer asking for refund. Can he chargeback after I issue refund? Powerseller PayPal Talk 4 05-24-2010 11:14 AM
my first chargeback, what should i do n4spd PayPal Talk 8 07-08-2009 08:15 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts