Is it possible to open a new PayPal account in the US without a social security SS #? - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%

Hey Vic,

I was reading your replies above and wanted to ask about the SSN#. My accounts have been set up for a while now and I remember opening up my PP acount and had the option of using the SSN, which I could have, and still can.
I do lot of transactions of small value and I'm just waiting to log on to PP and get the limitation. Hope not! "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst", as the saying goes.

If perhaps I am limited will PP give me a certain time to enter my SSN that I have? If I do enter it, does ALL return to normal since they would have all 3 forms of ID? Or can I log onto PP right now and enter the SSN to get it over with?

Also, I apologize for interjecting into someone else's thread.

Thanks!
waterproof
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I saw your PM before I saw this post. Thus, I answered you via PM.

If you think my answers would be helpful to others in this thread, please feel free to paste my response in here.
Old 05-14-2010

Longevity: 81%

I don't think any of this matters anymore. Very scary, I'm an eBay power-seller, 12 years, over 700 positive feedbacks, verified phone, bank accounts, credit cards and address. PayPal account was limited a few weeks ago, wanted to verify address, I.D. and social. I supplied my I.D. and multiple address documents, wrote the a letter that I did not feel comfortable supplying them my social. I told them it's not required for a new user, why are your requiring it from me now. If there is an investigation of some sort on me, I would like to be informed of the details. I also told them I was a victim of financial fraud in the past and the financial institution made good on the amount of fraud, no where in your agreement do you hold any responsibility should my information get accessed or used in any manor. Well, shortly thereafter, I was informed that my account with them is closed and I can wait 180 days to get my funds. This is ridiculous! 180 days to get my funds!
Old 06-30-2010

Longevity: 80%

Do you need to provide ss even if your just buying?
Old 07-30-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgreco View Post
Do you need to provide ss even if your just buying?
Not typically. But it can happen.
Old 07-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Buying, Selling or just looking for a tin can...you never know when you will be asked.
Old 09-16-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default I specifically said "no pay pal".

did you say this in your listings? maybe thats the reason why you got limited? I know I have had the same problems. Paypal and nothing but paypal. do you have the guide? there is a nice text in there that you can use for buyers and also auctiva account!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=ihatebay;3902]My items are usually $150 or $100. I have a merchant account but I am not using them because ... well LONG story but basically I got suspended off Ebay and now they are saying that I can't use it on Ebay (b/c I got suspended but I can't use someone else's Ebay account AKA a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ named account) so now I am forced to make a website so I can reactivate my merchant account... THEN I will use it on Ebay, on my new user IDs.

But anyways, I am now using Google Checkout it's free!

I hate all these buyers who say "I prefer Paypal, or for security reasons I need to pay with Paypal" when I SPECIFICALLY SAID "NO PAY PAL". Seriously one of these days I 'm going to open up a new ID and list 50 items. For every buyer that says this BAM they get a negative.
Old 12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
It's best to get your Paypal account confirmed and verified before using it. Add a credit card (simon.com) to it and banking details (ing.com) or Yes you will be limited each and every time once you hit the $500 limit.
And as of January 1st, 2011, paypal will require an SSN / Tax ID from every U.S. seller who makes over 200 individual sales OR $20,000. USD in total sales per year.

If you meet this criteria and do not provide your SSN / Tax ID, paypal will limit your account. And it doesnt matter how old the account is. This is due to the federal gov.s (IRS) new laws going into effect. 1099's will be required by Paypal and other merchant accounts/alternatives who have not required this info in the past.
The Following User Says Thank You to doombot1 For This Useful Post:
coder (02-27-2013)
Old 12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombot1 View Post
This is due to the federal gov.s (IRS) new laws going into effect. 1099's will be required by Paypal and other merchant accounts/alternatives who have not required this info in the past.
wooo hope and change!
Old 12-23-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
So... does that mean I will basically be frozen with no chance of being unfrozen if Paypal limits me?

How do frauds get away with receiving $500 a day when they are using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account then?
They spread the risk...simple stuff.
Old 12-25-2010

Longevity: 77%

good thing this rule only applies if both factor is met. meaning if i sold $21k of goods after one year but only did 199 transactions, i wouldn't be impacted by this new legislation. the keyword here is AND not OR.

AuctionBytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombot1 View Post
And as of January 1st, 2011, paypal will require an SSN / Tax ID from every U.S. seller who makes over 200 individual sales OR $20,000. USD in total sales per year.

If you meet this criteria and do not provide your SSN / Tax ID, paypal will limit your account. And it doesnt matter how old the account is. This is due to the federal gov.s (IRS) new laws going into effect. 1099's will be required by Paypal and other merchant accounts/alternatives who have not required this info in the past.
Old 12-25-2010

Longevity: 81%

I read this at PayPal's website:

"A merchant has to pass BOTH thresholds ($20,000 in gross sales volume and 200 transactions) in 2011 to qualify for the new requirements. A business receiving $10,000 in payments per year would not be affected by the new requirements."

My take on this is, if you make more than 20K a year, it would be foolish to funnel it all through a single account anyway.
Still keeping my fingers crossed though in case they think of some else.
Old 12-30-2010

just wondering, if you sent money to a paypal account verified by prepaid debit and withdraw it, can u still get caught by the IRS since you used ur SS# to get the prepaid debit card in the first place?
Old 01-05-2011

Longevity: 77%
Default Need someone 2 sell for me on Egay...

Hi

I just got my account suspended. And no matter what I do its not working out for me. Either ebay f*cks me over or paypal just puts restrictions.

I want someone who has a good seller record so that paypal wouldn't f*ck them over. PLEASE PLEASE help me out someone! I need to get rid of this stuff. I've had enough of ebay :S Just need to sell what I have and get out of it. you will be reimbursed for ebay fees and and in total you will receive 30% of total profit.

Pm me if your interested and we can talk a bout it.
Old 01-24-2011

Longevity: 76%

Hi there, i was suspended from ebay last week, and they have also closed my paypal account. Question on new bank account, can I used the AccountNow debit card instead of the bank account when I want to open the new paypal account? Ie can I just use those numbers when they ask for the bank account? I am in the chexsystems so it is not easy for me to get a new bank account.
Also paypal said i needed to remove paypal log from my personal website where i was selling items. Do they actually try to follow you around outside of ebay to make sure you are not using a new paypal account on your own website (assuming I get a new paypal account)? You know I got that email that said i violated the paypal agreement and i need to remove the paypal logo from my own website, too. Not that they for sure know I had one, i think this lingo goes to everyone. (I sell tons of designer items that are real, not counterfeit), but ebay did not want to hear it! Please advise!
Thank you!!!
Old 01-26-2011

You have to have new everything just like discussed in these forums. read, read, read.
clean cookies, new ip etc. start slow stay under radar. dont log in under different ip addresses if you can help it. they like consistency.
Either way you will get limited if you selling name brand items.
you can delay it if you spread it out over several accounts. more work but thats what you have to do.
send some of the clothing to your local consignment shop and let them sell it for you. we like easy money. dont make it hard.
Old 01-28-2011

Longevity: 76%
Default Thank you

Thank you for the advice; you are right, I went to my local consignment store today. I had been selling legit "vero" items and they watch you like a hawk.
Old 02-01-2011

very good. I just picked up $250 from consignment store now im going to the bank. I love cash and I love not needing ebay paypal to get my money. Way to to go Marmalade! Get out there and buy and sell and make money! Your local flea markets, consignment stores, etc.
I am listing less and less on ebay.
Old 04-02-2011

Longevity: 75%
Default new account now card question

i have a new stealth paypal account in a **** name and my accountnow card in another **** name i verified my paypal but i cant lift the monthly withdraw limit.I enter the credit card info but it will dot take. Is it because the card is in a different name.I refuse to use my SS number for this.
Old 05-25-2011

Longevity: 89%
Default Is a money request considered a transaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathunter881 View Post
good thing this rule only applies if both factor is met. meaning if i sold $21k of goods after one year but only did 199 transactions, i wouldn't be impacted by this new legislation. the keyword here is AND not OR.

AuctionBytes
wait.. Is a money request the same as a transaction?
Old 10-03-2011

Default PayPal and Ebay accounts just got canned.

I have a question I am reading the forums and also the eBay Stealth. If I am opening a new PayPal account and they ask me for my SSN# will this link me to my old PayPal account that did not have a SSN#. My eBay account and PayPal both were 8 year old accounts that got suspended after I had a couple of policy violations and the dreaded we hate to inform you letter. I tried to open another PayPal and eBay account and of course they got quickly taken down. I am planning on doing the cleaning, new IP, Bank account (in my name or kind of close) new address (UPS Box maybe) and getting the gift card to do the credit card verification. Any advice from you guys will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2011

Longevity: 71%

I'm wondering the same exact thing.. Hope someone checks out this thread... My biggest concern is the SSN verification.. I understand everything else, NEW, NEW, NEW, and slite alterations to ACCOUNT names.. But one thing that boggles my mind, is with all this credit opening and closing wouldnt that be a huge amount of INQUIRES on my file?

Also, what if, just what if, 3 months down the road, I sell big, and they ask for SSN, then its' bye bye? Start ALL over again.. Just doesn't seem worth it..

Maybe i'm wrong?
Closed Thread