VOIP vs. Mobile vs. Landline - Phone Questions From a O.G. In The Game - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 08-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default VOIP vs. Mobile vs. Landline - Phone Questions From a O.G. In The Game

O.G. Stands for "Original gangsta" in case you're un-hip.

Hi I'm Temple. My aspkin account is relatively new however I've been incognito on the forums for years. I've been doing stealth for a about +5 years and one issue that has always plagued me is the phone set up and verification, so I thought I'd shoot some questions that can help me get a better understanding and more importantly help out some newbies (and senior members) in the process.

Without further ado;

VOIP Phone Verification

Question 1: As of late 2019 are there any working VOIP / Wifi Services that work for registration and phone verification?

Question 2: Is it possible to have a VoIP number registered to; or appear to be registered to a name, address or cell phone carrier?

Question 3: How to deal with VoIP numbers expiring and being reassigned new numbers?

Notes: I'm aware that Pinger, TextFree, Textplus, Nextplus, Textme, numbers have worked in the past but lately (at least for me) these numbers can not be confirmed when paypal ask you to confirm you're number let alone bypass a phone verification when trying to send money. The VoIP service that "Works" sometimes is Textnow, 2ndLine, and of course Google Voice. Pinger was decent for me because your number never expires if you use it once a month, you don't need a phone or a active phone plan to get a pinger number, and probably the best feature of all pinger is 100% free (No credits needed) to call Toll free numbers. So for that reason alone I continue to use pinger to call paypal ebay support when needed. Textnow and 2ndline numbers on the other hand expire in about 10 days of no use, and to my knowledge they do not offer free calling to toll free numbers. Google Voice triumphs in that it keeps a google voice number active for 8 months which is cool, I'm not sure if google voice charges to call Toll Free but for the average Joe just obtaining a google voice number will cost a data plan or a supplier. and if paying for a phone service I'm sure we would all want a real number not one that works some of the time.

Mobile Phone Verification

Question 1: What are some of the more affordable options and services for registering a phone number with data or a plan?

Question 2: What is the most affordable prepaid option and If I do not buy a plan but buy minutes or SMS text will my number remain active forever and/or as long I have still have remaining minutes and/or text?

Question 3: Can I register a tracfone or any other phone service in a anonymous name aka a stealth account, or does all mobile service providers require Photo Identification and/or my legal information to register?

Question 4: Can I spoof the location of a mobile phone with a data plan that I have in my possession? Not for paypal but for true anonymity.

Notes: I once spoke with a guy long ago who I have since then lost his contact info who told me he can bypass a phone verification request by registering a stealth name and I think a voip number to a 411 directory. He mentioned how it worked for him but could take days for the 411 directory approval, and it costed a hefty fee each time. I cant remember the exact details but this stood out to me as unique and useful in times of need. If anyone know anything about this please share with the crowd.

Landline Phone Verification

Question 1: Are there any landline alternatives that working and also affordable?

Question 1: How would you go about getting a landline for a stealth account anyhow and are there any ways of being truely anonymous with it?

Notes: I read on the forums that paypal don't check to see if the names match registration even though there error messages might say this. What I read was that paypal only verify to see if the Zip code matches your paypal account (Do Not Mistake this for Area Code) and this person went further on to say he bypass security alerts on his stealth accounts by calling local businesses preferable gas stations hoping to get a young clerk or employee working the night shift alone or something that would understand his situation and provide him with the paypal code he'll send to the stores number. I still find all of this difficult and hard to believe but I can not say it is incorrect information until proven otherwise.

General Phone Questions

Question 1: When calling support for a appeal, chargeback, limit, refund, etc. Which method do you use to call?

Question 2: How would o should I handle multiple numbers on any given method?

Notes: As previously stated above I prefer to use pinger with Wifi and not just because of the free calls to Toll Free numbers but on wifi I like to use a VPN when calling to further conceal my identity/location, but I'm sure there's more free methods out there I don't know about.

In conclusion Stealth is changing and we need to adapt to the system to maintain an advantage. I can see a huge success coming towards the stealth community but I also see a huge drawback on the horizon and I think it's going to be big but for now lets stick to one topic and address the phone verification issue. I'll talk more about my predictions in another post at another time. Help out on this one guys lets make this a big one.
~Temple was here.

Last edited by Temple; 08-16-2019 at 05:29 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: VOIP vs. Mobile vs. Landline - Phone Questions From a O.G. In The Game

i would love if a veteran came and answered a few of these.
Old 08-24-2019

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: VOIP vs. Mobile vs. Landline - Phone Questions From a O.G. In The Game

You need to search for these answers yourself. What you're asking for most people have accumulated through years of experience with trial and error.

I see these online forums/marketplaces generally consisting of three main types of people. Those who are clueless and want information spoonfed,
those who are seasoned, but lack technical knowledge and have succeeded through trial and error, and those who have both the knowledge and experience. The latter is hard to find.

You seem to be motivated considering length of your post. I debated answering these questions directly and instead opted to provide information. Hopefully this serves as a foundation or catalyst. Here goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple View Post
VOIP Phone Verification

Question 1: As of late 2019 are there any working VOIP / Wifi Services that work for registration and phone verification?
First of all which registrations are you referring to? Ask yourself how these companies would even begin to verify phone record information? What is the mechanism that controls caller ID information?
CNAM

Quote:
Question 2: Is it possible to have a VoIP number registered to; or appear to be registered to a name, address or cell phone carrier?
You need to break this question down into it's most basic component before attacking the problem. This is a good rule of thumb for solving any problem.
First, who is my provider? Verizon wireless CNAM update procedures are will of course be different than AT&T'S.

When dealing with VOIP , you need to understand that most of the larger companies like Google Voice all receive their phone numbers from the same provider.
BANDWIDTH.COM

If you continue down this rabbit hole, hopefully you'll eventually realize that all internet service providers, wireless carriers, voip providers can eventually be distilled into no more than 5 major companies. MVNO's would be a perfect analogy of this.

Quote:
Question 3: How to deal with VoIP numbers expiring and being reassigned new numbers?
Buy directly from the source. Control your own records.

Quote:
Notes: I'm aware that Pinger, TextFree, Textplus, Nextplus, Textme, numbers have worked in the past but lately (at least for me) these numbers can not be confirmed when paypal ask you to confirm you're number let alone bypass a phone verification when trying to send money. The VoIP service that "Works" sometimes is Textnow, 2ndLine, and of course Google Voice. Pinger was decent for me because your number never expires if you use it once a month, you don't need a phone or a active phone plan to get a pinger number, and probably the best feature of all pinger is 100% free (No credits needed) to call Toll free numbers. So for that reason alone I continue to use pinger to call paypal ebay support when needed. Textnow and 2ndline numbers on the other hand expire in about 10 days of no use, and to my knowledge they do not offer free calling to toll free numbers. Google Voice triumphs in that it keeps a google voice number active for 8 months which is cool, I'm not sure if google voice charges to call Toll Free but for the average Joe just obtaining a google voice number will cost a data plan or a supplier. and if paying for a phone service I'm sure we would all want a real number not one that works some of the time.
I don't see a question here, but I will provide an answer. Hopefully it helps.
Specific companies can't be verified with VOIP services because of something called short codes. Have you ever noticed that certain companies send text messages from numbers that are less than 7 or 10 digits? This is called a short code. Short codes CANNOT be received by any virtual number. Let me repeat this, short codes are ONLY compatible with sim enabled devices.
Why would a company opt for short codes versus just sending verifications through a normal phone number? Mass text messaging and reduced throttling. Think of how many messages are sent per minute by some of these larger companies.
https://usshortcodedirectory.com/

Quote:
Question 1: What are some of the more affordable options and services for registering a phone number with data or a plan?
Major wireless carriers will always be a more expensive option. Current unlimited calling and texting options are available for $6/month.
MVNO

Quote:
Question 2: What is the most affordable prepaid option and If I do not buy a plan but buy minutes or SMS text will my number remain active forever and/or as long I have still have remaining minutes and/or text?
This is provider dependent Temple. You'll have to read the terms of service yourself.

Quote:
Question 3: Can I register a tracfone or any other phone service in a anonymous name aka a stealth account, or does all mobile service providers require Photo Identification and/or my legal information to register?
Not all wireless carriers require photo ID. In fact, very few prepaid carriers require this.

Quote:
Question 4: Can I spoof the location of a mobile phone with a data plan that I have in my possession? Not for paypal but for true anonymity.
You'll have to be more specific than this. If you're speaking of IP location based on CGNAT this is one thing. If you're speaking about E911 location data, this is another thing entirely.

Quote:
Notes: I once spoke with a guy long ago who I have since then lost his contact info who told me he can bypass a phone verification request by registering a stealth name and I think a voip number to a 411 directory. He mentioned how it worked for him but could take days for the 411 directory approval, and it costed a hefty fee each time. I cant remember the exact details but this stood out to me as unique and useful in times of need. If anyone know anything about this please share with the crowd.
Anyone who shares this information on a forum as open as this wouldn't value the time invested to learn the intricacies of these systems.

Quote:
Question 1: Are there any landline alternatives that working and also affordable?
The last statistical data I read from 2018 stated that 53% of users had cell phones instead of landlines. 5G is here. Welcome to 2019 Temple. Don't waste your time with copper.

Quote:
Question 1: How would you go about getting a landline for a stealth account anyhow and are there any ways of being truely anonymous with it?
Does a technician have to come out to your house and install the service at a physical address? Does that address have to be registered in a database for emergency services? Do you know someone at the telco who would be willing to change this information for you? Are you capable of social engineering your way to success?

TL;DR Here's your answer. No.

Quote:
Notes: I read on the forums that paypal don't check to see if the names match registration even though there error messages might say this. What I read was that paypal only verify to see if the Zip code matches your paypal account (Do Not Mistake this for Area Code) and this person went further on to say he bypass security alerts on his stealth accounts by calling local businesses preferable gas stations hoping to get a young clerk or employee working the night shift alone or something that would understand his situation and provide him with the paypal code he'll send to the stores number. I still find all of this difficult and hard to believe but I can not say it is incorrect information until proven otherwise.
There are always multiple ways to solve a problem. I consistently favor a more technical approach, but you can certainly attempt to scam someone into providing sms codes for you. Social Engineering

Quote:
Question 1: When calling support for a appeal, chargeback, limit, refund, etc. Which method do you use to call?
You should always call from the line registered to the account, registered in your name.

Quote:
Question 2: How would o should I handle multiple numbers on any given method?
This depends entirely on the amount of accounts you need to maintain and the services required. GSM gateway that supports voip routing would be an elegant solution to managing many devices. An easy solution would be to just keep a bunch of damn phones.

Quote:
Notes: As previously stated above I prefer to use pinger with Wifi and not just because of the free calls to Toll Free numbers but on wifi I like to use a VPN when calling to further conceal my identity/location, but I'm sure there's more free methods out there I don't know about.
This is what separates the hobbyist from the professional. You should never rely on free sources if this is your primary source of income.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to treyallover For This Useful Post:
amex101 (08-27-2019), CAPH (08-25-2019), iamdeadinside (09-06-2019), nickopedia (08-24-2019), phaz0rz (08-24-2019), remyboy (04-07-2020), Temple (08-25-2019), TGMT² (08-26-2019), Therealrenodaret (08-26-2019), yankee (08-24-2019)
Old 08-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Awesome post @treyallover.

Those are the best answers by far that you can expect to get, Temple.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-24-2019)
Old 08-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
You should always call from the line registered to the account, registered in your name.
Very lengthy response to a very lengthy post. Greetings and Thank! I agree with most of the response except for this part though. It's a wise "Should" but doesn't matter. As long as you're not calling in from a phone linked to another account you're good from calling on a different number.
Old 08-26-2019

Longevity: 31%

I learned a bunch on this post. Thanks!