Question about future packages after customs seizes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc
Default Question about future packages after customs seizes

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 Location Time
11 Please contact DHL FLORIDA - USA 09:18
10 Arrived at Delivery Facility in ORLANDO - HERNDON - USA ORLANDO - FLORIDA - USA 08:29
9 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:44
8 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:04
7 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:12
6 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:54
Monday, June 27, 2011 Location Time
5 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 18:20
4 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 18:00

Isn't it odd that it the "Clearance Processing" Was completed in Ohio? And then when it gets to Florida its be seized by US Customs, which is what the lady said on the phone when I called.

Also sucks, cause Ive got 3 more orders coming via DHL this week, from 2 different suppliers. Im scared to see how this will turn out. Are there any chances what so ever that I will actually receive them? Has anyone else ever had this happen? Or should I just expect to bend over and get raw ****ed in the ass? Or what about US Customs knocking on my door?

BTW: YES! They are Vero/Counterfeit items.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2011

Longevity: 74%

Same thing happened to me. The lady from DHL said in the phone that customs will open it and investigate. If they find nothing wrong, you will get it, which is unfortunately in your case most likely wont happen.
If they actually seize it, you will get a letter from customs explaining what they did and why. Customs will not knock on your door but the company who owes the trademark for the item will send you email or mail. (If it was a lot of things that is).
Let us know what happened, Im still waiting on the outcome.
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdirc View Post
10 Arrived at Delivery Facility in ORLANDO - HERNDON - USA ORLANDO - FLORIDA - USA 08:29
7 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:12

Isn't it odd that it the "Clearance Processing" Was completed in Ohio? And then when it gets to Florida its be seized by US Customs, which is what the lady said on the phone when I called.

Also sucks, cause Ive got 3 more orders coming via DHL this week, from 2 different suppliers. Im scared to see how this will turn out. Are there any chances what so ever that I will actually receive them? Has anyone else ever had this happen? Or should I just expect to bend over and get raw ****ed in the ass? Or what about US Customs knocking on my door?

Obey the laws in the US and you wont have the problems you are having. You really brought it on yourself. good luck.

What are you wanting?? support??
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Someone else posted similar to this just a day or two ago. Let us know what happens.
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Obey the laws in the US and you wont have the problems you are having. You really brought it on yourself. good luck.

What are you wanting?? support??

No, im not looking for support. I know I bring it on myself.

Ive got 3 more orders coming via DHL this week, from 2 different suppliers. Im scared to see how this will turn out. Are there any chances what so ever that I will actually receive them?
Old 06-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yes. Be patient. Then let us know what happens because that stop in Orlando is weird and random.
Old 06-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
No, im not looking for support. I know I bring it on myself.

Ive got 3 more orders coming via DHL this week, from 2 different suppliers. Im scared to see how this will turn out. Are there any chances what so ever that I will actually receive them?
Yeah.... YOu said that already. All you can do is hope they do and let everyone know.
Old 06-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

If your address have been seized once,you have to use the new address and new name to receive the future packages.

Hope you will get good luck.Sometimes when your first packages have been seized ,Your second packages to the same address will be got problem as well but sometimes not.
Old 07-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Just an update. I received 1 package today. I guess the other 2 that im expecting should be close to me next week. Hopefully i receive them as well.
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

You will most likely get them all. But, obviously never use that address again afterwards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
syva (04-07-2012), xdirc (07-01-2011)
Old 07-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
You will most likely get them all. But, obviously never use that address again afterwards.
Yeah. definetly wont. Soon as the first package got seized. I started calling a couple friends who want to make some money. ;-) I do want to get a virtual mailbox or something in that nature. Just wish I could find a good one. Theres a bunch on google, but its like damn which one?
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Using actual houses or condo is best. DO NOT use apartments or any cheap, open community type living.

You can arrange with the person who lives there to setup with DHL or USPS to just leave the packages at the door all the time and then you just go pick them up when they get delivered. So you never have to deal with anyone face to face or middlemen problems.
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I urge caution. You are experienceing the least worrisome of the problems that can come up when dealing in counterfeits.

In addition to cusztoms seizures, you can look forward to:
  • Undercover buyers working for the rights owners
  • Lawsuits from rights owners
  • Lost eBay/PayPal/Amazon accounts
  • Constant customer complaints
  • FBI involvement if you are doing enough business

Newbies are blinded by the high markups that they see are possible. But then, something goes wrong and they come back here begging for help. The bottom line is, there is no free lunch. Higher Profits = Higher Risks. If you get caught then there WILL BE a price to be paid.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
KingRay (07-04-2011)
Old 07-09-2011

Longevity: 96%

Quote:

I just recently experienced the same thing with almost identical tracking info.
You would think that it would be processed through customs in Cinncinati and once it gets to your state you would be in the clear, but apparently this has all changed.

As far as addresses being blacklisted that is not necessarily true. I have received packages at my office in the past even though someone at the same office had a bunch of bootleg football jerseys (my items were not jerseys) seized in the past.

The next time I actually see him there I will ask if he has had any seizures there recently.

The second package that was seized was a reshipment of the first so the items were identical, but the address was in a different city and and different name
Old 10-11-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Updates on this? Has anyone on this board ever experienced any kind of consequence with importing or selling these kinds of goods? I'm trying my best to find a different category to buy and sell in, but times are tough and nobody is paying full price for anything anymore.
Old 10-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

So we have more competition? Why would anyone tell you that? Trial and error you may lose money and accounts like all of us. You may get sued, how smart are you? You covering all your tracks? Its a dangerous game, its getting brutal to beat gaypal and elake you have to have no morals and drive to succeed in the face of closures seizures lawsuits etc. If you are unwilling to research and expect a cookie given to you, you're wrong go buy stuff on slick deals and resell it or coupon and resell ...those are my 2 lame tips.. heh

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I urge caution. You are experienceing the least worrisome of the problems that can come up when dealing in counterfeits.

In addition to cusztoms seizures, you can look forward to:
  • Undercover buyers working for the rights owners
  • Lawsuits from rights owners
  • Lost eBay/PayPal/Amazon accounts
  • Constant customer complaints
  • FBI involvement if you are doing enough business

Newbies are blinded by the high markups that they see are possible. But then, something goes wrong and they come back here begging for help. The bottom line is, there is no free lunch. Higher Profits = Higher Risks. If you get caught then there WILL BE a price to be paid.
give me a break...

Myself and a few others I know often import Vero from China. Why? Because our profits are the highest doing it that way. Nothing wrong with buying off slickdeals and reselling somewhere else, but enjoy working harder for less profits.

I personally have yet to have a package seized, but one of my friends has. It was a mega order too. All he got was a letter. Another guy I know had a package seized but it was only for $600. All he got was a letter as well. He actually got the seller in China to reimburse him as he had done so much business with said seller.

Point being, I have never heard of any of the following actually happening...
[*]Undercover buyers working for the rights owners[*]Lawsuits from rights owners[*]FBI involvement if you are doing enough business

The threat is always there, but unless you are not at all capable of using common sense, none of the above will happen.

Worst that happens - a package of yours gets seized, you take the loss, pull your pants back up, and continue on with a different address. People call flipping Vero "high risk, high reward", but if you ask me, it's medium risk, high reward as long as you have your head on somewhat straight.

I'm not as much condoning flipping Vero as I am saying take it easy on the whole "you're an idiot for dealing with Vero in the first place" bit. We know there's a risk, but stop acting as if were smuggling cocaine and looking at a guaranteed 20 to life.
Old 10-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappzilla View Post
give me a break...

Myself and a few others I know often import Vero from China. Why? Because our profits are the highest doing it that way. Nothing wrong with buying off slickdeals and reselling somewhere else, but enjoy working harder for less profits.

I personally have yet to have a package seized, but one of my friends has. It was a mega order too. All he got was a letter. Another guy I know had a package seized but it was only for $600. All he got was a letter as well. He actually got the seller in China to reimburse him as he had done so much business with said seller.

Point being, I have never heard of any of the following actually happening...
[*]Undercover buyers working for the rights owners[*]Lawsuits from rights owners[*]FBI involvement if you are doing enough business

The threat is always there, but unless you are not at all capable of using common sense, none of the above will happen.

Worst that happens - a package of yours gets seized, you take the loss, pull your pants back up, and continue on with a different address. People call flipping Vero "high risk, high reward", but if you ask me, it's medium risk, high reward as long as you have your head on somewhat straight.

I'm not as much condoning flipping Vero as I am saying take it easy on the whole "you're an idiot for dealing with Vero in the first place" bit. We know there's a risk, but stop acting as if were smuggling cocaine and looking at a guaranteed 20 to life.
I never called anyoine an idiot. If you doubt what I say, just search the forum for "Johnson & Pham". Or "being sued". Here are just a couple...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/20...tml#post152457

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/23...tml#post174159

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/22...tml#post166462

Don't believe that you are smarter than everyone else who has tried this before - I can assure you that you are not. I don't care what people sell. But I hate seeing newbies being led to believe that this is a way to make easy and nearly risk free profits. It is not.

No, I don't think that anyone gets life in prison over it, but people DO go to jail. And they DO get sued in civil court and end up with judgments on their credit reports.

There is no such thing as reward without risk. The higher the rewards, the higher the risk. That is Business 101.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
RedShootingStar (10-13-2011)
Old 10-13-2011

Longevity: 72%

The business you are doing is LITERALLY no different than a drug dealer. Sure you may be dragging in 10k, 40k, 200k, and more, but sooner than later you WILL get busted. And when you do the fines will put you in debt for life, or worse jail. I will GUARANTEE you will get caught. If you have received a warning or seize and desist, consider that an eyeopener, because when you get caught it will hit you like a brick house and it will all be crashing down on you at once. Then you will start pleading innocence. I can tell you like playing games, so have fun playing dont drop the soap in jail.
Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 85%

more than likely that wont happen redshootingstar . You can easily get away with making 3K profit a month with dhgate products on Ebay UK and never get seizure notices or packages held . its called trial and error its taken me 2 years to get the level i'm at now . So , me cant complain ! lol
Old 10-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Forum does not condone selling of vErO nor enable its selling.