Please Help me to deal with DHL - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 02-23-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Angry Please Help me to deal with DHL

Hello, its my first time with this forum and i am writing it with a huge frustration. I am a ebay seller import items from China. I have ordered a large quantity of non brand micro sd cards from china from a trusted seller. The item was shipping on 11th of this month and since than everytime i track the parcel here it comes-

5 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 23:55
1 Pieces

4 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:36
1 Pieces

3 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:19
1 Pieces

2 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 15:50
1 Pieces

1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 14:06
1 Pieces

After getting fed up me and my suppiler both contacted DHL UK and hong kong from both side and first few days they had no idea where is my item is. Just for a note i got a call on 13th from DHL aviation asking me that varify my name as they said there were no name on the parcel. Since than every time i call customer service they cant give me any satisfactory answer. After a week of contacting they told me my item has been confiscated by German custom and they cant say anymore. Really!! i wasnt convinced on their claim and i have decided to call the German custom and got a reply from them saying they have not confiscated any item according to my waybill. I have raised this issue and sent a mail to CEO of DHL UK and got a reply that they are working on my case but still claim item has been confiscated by custom in Germany. Why the hack german custom will seize my item? as i have not imported any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit item there is no reason it could happen. Also The item is meant to come to UK not Germany. If there is any issue with tax or VAT HM revenue and custom should deal with it. I am fed up with DHL and my supplier seems like not interest to show much interest now as they have send the item, And biggest mistake i have made is i send the payment via western union. I had many deal with this supplier and so far they provide me excellent service.

Is anyone faced problem like this so far like me? Its been 2 weeks now and still it shows item arrived sort facility germany and NO update!

Please if anyone have any idea or experience please share. Thanks you for reading it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2014

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Please Help me to deal with DHL

I ship with dhl everyday usually from asia to north america and their german transit usually has parcels for 5 to 7 hours during transit and then they move on.The max is 1 day for me but when that happened it showed clearance delay on the tracking.
Ive also never seen german customs holding parcels since germany is merely a transit point for many dhl parcels entering EU

at origin in hongkong did your supplier ship using dhl directly or did he use a 3rd party dhl service provider.usually people use dhl service providers since they send parcels with dhl but charge upto 60% less than standard dhl postage.If that is the case then the 3rd party dhl service provider will update your name at origin and they can sometimes even divert the parcel if the delivery has issues
Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Something has gone wrong at DHL. Unless Germany has some sort of a deal with the UK, I don't see German Customs seizing a package going to another country.
Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
Hello, its my first time with this forum and i am writing it with a huge frustration. as i have not imported any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit item there is no reason it could happen.

Please if anyone have any idea or experience please share. Thanks you for reading it.
non brand micro sd cards can be phakes. Just because you think your seller is trusted that may not be the case.

There have been numerous cases of these types of items being badged with incorrect info.

Just giving you some info to consider.

Old 02-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

The terms "sd cards" and "trusted Chinese seller" never really sit well together.

It may well be that some of the labelling has come off the package and they don't know where it is to go.

Hope it works out for you.

If you do ever receive them, it is worth checking that the cards are actually usable and not corrupted. Most of these cards that come out of China on the cheap can only hold a fraction of the data that they state. If they are corrupt and you still decide to sell them anyway, don't expect your ebay account to last too long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Regarding the memory cards issues, i have sold 1000's of it with very low negative feedback. Customers get the item what they are actually pay. But i need solution with DHL now as my supplier are not taking any liabilities and claiming its my responsibility to deal with it. I made a big mistake paying with Western union and i am frustrated now. Anybody have ever missed any parcel with DHL? who can claim the loss me or the sender?
Old 02-25-2014

Longevity: 65%

Why would you pay via WU? It offers no protection

Quote:
got a call on 13th from DHL aviation asking me that varify my name as they said there were no name on the parcel.
That's one reason your parcel is delayed. If they are unable to find the recipient DHL will return it to the sender in China. I am not saying that the seller will scam you, but since WU offers no protection there is not much you can do.

Also, it is very likely that the items you mentioned are counterfeit.
Old 02-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

2 weeks delay like this without seizure of shipment is odd though - worth speaking to your seller
Old 02-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Now your supplier and you can do nothing but wait,and nobody can help you .Maybe your parcel will be returned to your supplier if they say no name on the bill,but if this happen,and your supplier need to pay double shipping cost to the DHL,so your supplier may refuse to let the parcel coming back.

Last edited by teedon; 02-26-2014 at 12:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to teedon For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014

Longevity: 67%

for damage claims i guess youll have to file the claim as the receiver. but that will be when they confirm that its lost in transit or damaged
Old 03-26-2014

Longevity: 85%

Shipping micro SD cards and trying to sell them on Ebay is a huge no no. Too many of the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ now on EBay and customs too strict with this type of inventory.