What Would You Do in This Situation? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 12-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default What Would You Do in This Situation?

Okay Ill try to make this short.

• I Ordered a $90 item from china.
  • I Used the wrong address ( Everything was wrong Name and Address)
  • I Tried Contacting owner of wrong address Several different ways
  • He finally replies after 7 days and says stop harassing him he doesn't live at the address anymore
  • I Contact Post office (Local and Headquarters), they can't do anything for international packages
  • I Just checked Tracking, Package Is suppose to arrive in 5 more days

So Now I'm desperate I am trying to come up with solutions. Here's what I have:
  1. Send the current resident a letter with my phone number and email.
  2. Send A priority Mail Letter with a prepaid shipping label to the current resident, asking them to attach and return it.
  3. Call the local post office, and beg the mail lady to tell the person to call me when she drops it off.
  4. Call the local police office (Im desperate lol) and ask them to tell the person (yeah probably won't do this one)

Any better ideas or which one would you do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: What Would You Do in This Situation?

1 - I would go with that option

2 - If they get on contact with you after method 1 then do method 2 so that they are not out of pocket

3 - I would not do that

4 - No way should you be doing that
Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

1 and 2 are the calmer approach.

3 and 4 are not steps a business person would consider.

Good Luck
Old 12-17-2015

Longevity: 50%

few month ago , i sent a package to a customer in US from Thailand, but i mistake writing the adress. when i saw on USPS that it cannot be delivered at the specified adress, i filed a form on usps website to set the correct adress and everything worked fine. Maybe you can try it
Old 12-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
few month ago , i sent a package to a customer in US from Thailand, but i mistake writing the adress. when i saw on USPS that it cannot be delivered at the specified adress, i filed a form on usps website to set the correct adress and everything worked fine. Maybe you can try it
Well my problem is its a real address so it can be delivered, just not the correct one. but do you remember what the form was called?
Old 12-17-2015

go on usps.com
help
send email
"Does your inquiry involve a Tracking Number" answer "yes"
"Inquiry Type" : Problem
Reciving mail
change of adress
correction needed, and then "continue" , you have the form
Old 12-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Call it a loss and don't make the mistake again. Lesson learned.

Anyone would find it very odd that you somehow put in a completely incorrect address. I don't blame the guy for telling you to stop harassing him. As far as he knows you are a creeper or mass murder or drug dealer.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if someone wrote to me and wanted a package, I would refuse. It could be a scam.

If it was just wrong address, that would be one thing, but the wrong name too, you cannot even prove it to anyone....

it is $90, it will not ruin your life. Mental tip - If I lose money somewhere and want to feel better, I make a saving somewhere, that I would not have otherwise done, and it cancels out......
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
Nice professional move
Old 12-18-2015

Hi guys, I need your help.. PLEASE... My eBay personal account does have £5000 limit per month, but how limits work with paypal?? I already have received payment of £1000 ( cause i already SOLD lots of goods you know) but there is a pp limit.... I Also still have not added my bank account there(but i will) there is only credit card but there will be bank account very soon i need to withdraw money, but my question is .... What is my paypal limit??? Do you think i can have £5000 limit per month too or i can get info trouble cause i still have not added my bank account there??????? Or is better to buy aspkin eBay and pp account where is very high limit for both???? I really need help dont know what to do, have lots of goods for sale and dont know how to sell them with my pp account, please help. Thank you
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebecaa View Post
Hi guys, I need your help.. PLEASE... My eBay personal account does have £5000 limit per month, but how limits work with paypal?? I already have received payment of £1000 ( cause i already SOLD lots of goods you know) but there is a pp limit.... I Also still have not added my bank account there(but i will) there is only credit card but there will be bank account very soon i need to withdraw money, but my question is .... What is my paypal limit??? Do you think i can have £5000 limit per month too or i can get info trouble cause i still have not added my bank account there??????? Or is better to buy aspkin eBay and pp account where is very high limit for both???? I really need help dont know what to do, have lots of goods for sale and dont know how to sell them with my pp account, please help. Thank you
Start a thread in the UK section. Almost know one will see this on this thread.
Old 12-18-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebecaa View Post
paypal limits 2500 euros per year (£1818), at 1800 euros they'll ask for ID, 2500 euros its perm limited until you upload ID
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I have a question. Why in the world would you order something from China using someone else's address, whom you do not even know? Is your address blacklisted by customs or something? I just don't understand the logic here..

If I received a $90 order that was specifically addressed to me that I knew I didn't order, I would immediately open the package and put the contents up for sale.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I have a question. Why in the world would you order something from China using someone else's address, whom you do not even know? Is your address blacklisted by customs or something? I just don't understand the logic here..

If I received a $90 order that was specifically addressed to me that I knew I didn't order, I would immediately open the package and put the contents up for sale.
He bought from a stealth account and never edited the details at checkout. It is very easy to do. This is an educated guess, but most likely the case being on a stealth forum.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I guess you could be right. But if he's operating a stealth account with someone else's actual details, that's risky business. I have no way of contacting any of the fictitious people who's name my accounts are made in.. That's why I didn't consider this being an eBay Stealth purchase.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I guess you could be right. But if he's operating a stealth account with someone else's actual details, that's risky business. I have no way of contacting any of the fictitious people who's name my accounts are made in.. That's why I didn't consider this being an eBay Stealth purchase.
He never said it was someones name. He said the address was real. Example, I use empty house addresses, but at some point, those houses will not be empty.
Some people grab addresses out of the white pages etc..

Today, you can not make up an address, so this is going to happen on every single account ever made the past few years, even if you don't use anyone's address, it will eventually be someones....
Old 12-18-2015
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Thread moved to: Shipping Talk - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums
Old 12-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No I ran out of a product and dropshipped it from a wholesale site that has a USA factory. The persons details were left as default. I was negotiating with a seller and as soon a she gave me the price I wanted I entered credit card details and forgot I actually needed to cancel the order and re-enter the address correctly.