paypal experiment in my real name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-04-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default paypal experiment in my real name

So I read somewhere that 2 accounts can be made with 1 SSN. I thought, hey, whats the harm in trying? So I cleared all my traceable items, turned off my VPN to get my normal IP back..and gave it a shot. I first went in to my old limited paypal which is in my real name, which is the "let us part ways" account that is forver gone. I went into that one, changed the address a little..removed my phone..that account is OLD (like..5-8 years old) so it has my parent's address on it, 5 phones, tons of debit cards..so i messed with a bunch of them, changed a bunch of them, etc. Anyway, in this *new* ebay account after I cleared everything once more so they aren't instantly linked, i registered with my real name, my address but as 3005 instead of 3000 (my school is large, so we can get mail at a few different variations..anything from 3000-3025 the postal service brings to us..), put my real cell (which is no longer on the limited account). It registered and opened. I waitied a day, no limitation. Two days, none. Its been about a week now...I actually went in and thought "hmm..let me try to add my SSN. " Well, it says there was an error ..so i thought..let me try 1 number off. It took it. I think it may be a family member..i actually went in right away to try to take it off..it won't work though..hmm i may call them to remove it. But I did actually upgrade it to a business, and put in a business name which I plan on getting a DBA/EIN for...if I go that route, and get an EIN..and call up paypal and put that in..does this account have a good chance at staying solid? It has my same name, yeah..but there are a few other people in the world with my name. My address is different than my old one..and there are THOUSANDS of others at that address (a school). There are THOUSANDS of others using my same school ip too...all accessing ebay all the time..only thing would be phone, but i could have easily ended that number, and someone else gotten it..or I can go in right now and change it to a google voice number. But the point still stands, why isnt this account instantly limited, suspended, etc? Any docs, info they ask me to provide..i can provide real ones. Since its REALLY me..i'm just confused because i thought paypal would have **** on the account already. I may be one step closer once I register for an EIN too..which is free..then do a DBA real quick for a few dollars..is my account then solid??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybob479 View Post
So I read somewhere that 2 accounts can be made with 1 SSN. I thought, hey, whats the harm in trying? So I cleared all my traceable items, turned off my VPN to get my normal IP back..and gave it a shot.
Name the source for this info about 2 accounts to 1 SSN?
Quote:
I first went in to my old limited paypal which is in my real name, which is the "let us part ways" account that is forver gone. I went into that one, changed the address a little..removed my phone..that account is OLD (like..5-8 years old) so it has my parent's address on it, 5 phones, tons of debit cards..so i messed with a bunch of them, changed a bunch of them, etc.
All the old info is there at their end. Waste of time what you did
Quote:
] Anyway, in this *new* ebay account after I cleared everything once more so they aren't instantly linked, i registered with my real name, my address but as 3005 instead of 3000 (my school is large, so we can get mail at a few different variations..anything from 3000-3025 the postal service brings to us..), put my real cell (which is no longer on the limited account). It registered and opened. I waitied a day, no limitation. Two days, none. Its been about a week now...I actually went in and thought "hmm..let me try to add my SSN. " Well, it says there was an error ..so i thought..let me try 1 number off. It took it. I think it may be a family member..i actually went in right away to try to take it off..it won't work though..hmm i may call them to remove it. But I did actually upgrade it to a business, and put in a business name which I plan on getting a DBA/EIN for...if I go that route, and get an EIN..and call up paypal and put that in..does this account have a good chance at staying solid? It has my same name, yeah..but there are a few other people in the world with my name. My address is different than my old one..and there are THOUSANDS of others at that address (a school). There are THOUSANDS of others using my same school ip too...all accessing ebay all the time..only thing would be phone, but i could have easily ended that number, and someone else gotten it..or I can go in right now and change it to a google voice number. But the point still stands, why isnt this account instantly limited, suspended, etc? Any docs, info they ask me to provide..i can provide real ones. Since its REALLY me..i'm just confused because i thought paypal would have **** on the account already. I may be one step closer once I register for an EIN too..which is free..then do a DBA real quick for a few dollars..is my account then solid??
Why has paypal done nothing? Likely they are as confused as I am. There may be a brief time then the account has troubles
I have something very serious to tell you. There is no such thing as any account and paypal 'being solid'. All any user can do is minimize risks. Have paypal near your money and be aware that you might be limited.
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

They may be waiting to just throw the linked email down. Its only a matter of time. At the same time. When a seller first started back up with ebay after their other account was suspended, the seller didnt know about this site/ebook. They tried to apply their ssn with an error. The account was never suspended though... After 8 months nothing. It did have quite a few "We randomly selected your account for security reasons..." BS though
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

I wonder if there is a timeframe that information in paypal's system is automatically "forgotten." I find it hard to believe that an account you created 7 years ago is still saved in ebay/paypal's system, and it will flag. There has to be a time cut off. How can there database possible hold so much information from millions of users forever?!?! Anyone ever thought about this?

I was thinking about registering again with my real name and address to see what happens. My original ebay account was suspended like almost 8 year ago.
Old 09-04-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

Hmm. Thanks guys. I made the account sort of just for laughs...but now that I upgraded it to a business with business name, even if they link it to my old *personal*, cant I argue (theoretically speaking) that this is a new entity, with new info, new EIN?