Some questions about having a business acct - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Some questions about having a business acct

I searched the forum, but didn't see this question.

If I create a business account, would it be better to have a separate home and business address? I plan on using a PO box, but listed as a street address (the postmaster frowned, but didn't say they wouldn't deliver it). I don't forsee a large number of returns, but I'm also going to be printing labels from usps.com as opposed to directly from PayPal, so packages will have my correct PO box listed. My concern for a "legit" address is directed towards PP, since I know they don't like seeing PO boxes listed as addresses.

Also, would it be a bad idea to list my website URL on my business account? I want to start a business and a reputation, so it won't be a simple matter of creating another website and name if my stealth gets limited. My thinking is that if I list the website URL, then create another business acct with the same website if my first gets limited, then PP would link it...right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

1. better to have separate

2. bad idea if you want stealth and/or if you expect to get suspended.

3. PP would probably link it.
Old 09-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
1. better to have separate

2. bad idea if you want stealth and/or if you expect to get suspended.

3. PP would probably link it.
Okay. Makes sense.

What is a good way to set up the business account? On my previous account, it gave several options as to how the business account was mostly used as - website, eBay, and a few other options I can't remember. Obviously the first two is not a good idea, especially when the issue of SSN comes up (my limited acct has my SSN already), so what's the best option?
Old 09-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

SSN is not an issue with a true business account. You probably are trying to fool PP with business registration but you not REALLY setting up as a business in real life. Don't try doing that.

Since setting up a business in real life is easy and not too costly, do it for real. Get online and search up some online place that will set you up an LLC. Then get your EIN number. EIN is used instead of SSN for a real business.

Just a quick tip for you and everyone else: PP does not consider a sole proprietor or a partnership to be a business per se. They see those as an amateur hobbyist. You don't get full recognition unless you incorporate at some level. LLC, C, S... If you don't incorporate, they will want SSN and won't accept EIN even if you have one.
Old 09-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

To follow up with vic's info, here's the thread that will give you some more info. You see that it takes you to another level of dealing with paypal:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...sensitive.html
Old 09-19-2009

Longevity: 96%

I have been thinking about opening a Paypal business account as well. Can someone tell me what are the added benefits of PP business account? Do they get limited as often? Thanks!