How to deal with ID verify the correct way - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default How to deal with ID verify the correct way

We need to have directions for people to deal with this new problem.
How to call them and what to say.. What name and address to use.. And when they ask where you lived before other info you will have it ready (easy to get that info) What ids and bills to fax them and info like that. Please tell us your experience about when you fax info and what happens and how long it took. We know for fact now that all new accounts will have id verify. We need to get this problem out of the way.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2010

Longevity: 92%

Are you talking about ebay or paypal?
Old 03-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411guru View Post
Are you talking about ebay or paypal?
talking about ebay new Id ver
Old 03-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I've never had to do it with any of my stealth accounts so I can't add much to this other than when you asked what name and address to use I would suggest the name and address you registered the account with.
Old 03-24-2010

Longevity: 95%

Not all new accounts get id verified as stated in the thread ebay dosent have the manpower to verifiy every new seller and to top it off it will drive away new future ebay customers/sellers.

best bet is figuring out what u listed that triggered it and dont list that item. I see alot of new people starting off listing a $500 VeRO item on a new account . they got id verfied so that means dont start off selling high $ vero its best not to even start off selling vero at all to avoid getting id verified.
Old 03-24-2010
Threadstarter  

all of my new accounts in my experience get id ver within 30 days. No matter what I sell. I dont sell vero items..
Maybe is how many you post I dont know but I will find out soon. All of my old accounts are ok no id ver.
Old 03-25-2010

Longevity: 89%

Read the all the posts by searching this forum, alot of good information is there for you to learn about this new process.
Old 03-25-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

ID verifying everyone isn't cost effective either. eBay does it based on risk assessment. They would lose a lot of money if they force everyone to ID verify.
Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The issue is not what to say but what to do to reduce the risk of having to go thro' the process.

This approach is papering the cracks after they have appeared. Yes, a user must know about their account. But operate the account correctly
and you should not need to play the game.
Old 03-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
The issue is not what to say but what to do to reduce the risk of having to go thro' the process.

This approach is papering the cracks after they have appeared. Yes, a user must know about their account. But operate the account correctly
and you should not need to play the game.
So how many people do you know here who got new accounts and have not been hit with id ver after 30 days or more? (im not talking posting just 1 action in that 30 days).. I get it on all my new accounts in about 30 days. I don't know what i can do to avoid it. DO you?

Last edited by leonid5000; 03-25-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Read my post here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...tml#post130243
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
leonid5000 (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid5000 View Post
So how many people do you know here who got new accounts and have not been hit with id ver after 30 days or more? (im not talking posting just 1 action in that 30 days).. I get it on all my new accounts in about 30 days. I don't know what i can do to avoid it. DO you?
I haven't been hit with the ID verify......
Old 03-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
thanks for the info..
Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

There are enough sellers I know that are not having problems like these.
Because each and every account differs, comments are only comments.The thread will likely end up 4 pages long with little usuable data.
Last time (maybe). It is not what to say to ebay that is the problem. It is the account and its operation that is both problem and solution.
peace and mungbeans
Old 03-26-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

1. People need to quit blaming the seller for being hit with the ID verify. NO ONE... AND I MEAN NO ONE! Has proven that you get the limit based on what you sell. I'm sick of these guys who make a living off selling accounts acting like it's not a normal process! Things change! This will soon be the norm!!

2. Yes eBay will lose money if they force this on everyone. However, they lost quadruple that potential amount when they limited sellers who could use Featured First, and other upgrades. They are missing out on hundreds of thousands in fees a day, but they don't seem to care about that, do they? eBay is infested with scamers. They can afford to lose some money if it will make it difficult for them to sell there.

3. Stop telling people to search for answers. THERE IS NO ANSWER!!!

4. I'm so sick of hearing "Well none of my accounts got limited" GREAT!!! GOOD FOR YOU! But guess what? YOU are just a hair on a boars ass in the grand scheme of things! Stop suggesting that there is no problem because YOU aren't having one.
Old 03-26-2010
MU

If you're a new seller, and you start off selling a high dollar item, or if you list it in a suspicious manner, how could you suggest that has nothing to do with the ID verify?

The reason the ID verify is in place is to prevent scammers and theives. Identity theft is the number one felony committed in America today. Sure, they'll lose money in potential fees, but they'll lose even more money on the prospect of honoring buyer protection on all of the items. A normal person won't have a problem with the ID verify process. Although, a normal person also would pay a seller 500 dollars for an item when the seller has zero feedback..... I honestly don't think it's necessary.

Many people having the ID verify issue also have issues with other things. If you'll notice, nothing ever causes phone verification either, or nothing causes VERO takedowns, or nothing ever causes the plethora of other things that happens to someone that doesn't follow stealth rules.

If someone else doesn't have an issue, but you do, perhaps something is being done to trigger it. Pointing out the lack of a problem is a polite way to ask someone to look at their actions more in depth. There must be answers to a problem if many others have found a solution and don't see this as a drastic issue. The only way I've become so good at this is by reading when someone doesn't have a problem with something, looking at my actions, and determining why.

It's a forum, the idea is for all of us to share ideas and compare our experiences. If I don't have a problem with ID verify, consider that it is possible for you to not have the problem as well.
Old 03-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid5000 View Post
thanks for the info..
Thanks I found ANSWER on that link .. Very good info.. Now I think I know why I keep getting this id ver on my new accounts.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...tml#post130243
Old 03-27-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
If you're a new seller, and you start off selling a high dollar item, or if you list it in a suspicious manner, how could you suggest that has nothing to do with the ID verify?
That's the point. People are getting hit without being high risk! If you sell high risk then of course you are gonna attract attention, but do you consider a 3 dollar stamp a high risk transaction?? Further more don't you find it odd that it's mostly people on this site who use bogus info are the ones being hit? When you sell on eBay for the first time, no matter what you sell, I'm sure they have a sophisticated process to review the info on your account, and if it don't smell right for any reason they will expect you to prove other wise. A stealth account is no different than a really good ⊗⊗⊗⊗ handbag. No matter how real it appears it's still ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and there are ways of spotting it.

Last edited by IDK; 03-27-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
That's the point. People are getting hit without being high risk! If you sell high risk then of course you are gonna attract attention, but do you consider a 3 dollar stamp a high risk transaction?? Further more don't you find it odd that it's mostly people on this site who use bogus info are the ones being hit? When you sell on eBay for the first time, no matter what you sell, I'm sure they have a sophisticated process to review the info on your account, and if it don't smell right for any reason they will expect you to prove other wise. A stealth account is no different than a really good ⊗⊗⊗⊗ handbag. No matter how real it appears it's still ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and there are ways of spotting it.

Welp, I guess there's nothing you can do. I say we all just give up. Ah, so very frustrating....

ebay, you win
Old 03-28-2010
MU

I'm sure sooner or later they'll want blood samples faxed in.
Old 03-28-2010

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
I got a simple fix for you dont list anything that can be f a k e d then u wont have this problem Like you saying listing a $3 stamp it dose'nt matter is u list a 49c stamp over a stamp that was made in 1930 A stamp is a stamp and it will trigger a flag eather way on any new seller and there for increse the chances of begin id verfied.

And i sell accounts and i have been doing so for 6 years now and always see some one crying wolf about ebay's changes and yet we have always found ways around these so called new changes! And if your haveing problems with getting hit with id verfied then its obvise that your doing something wrong or listing something that getting you flagged cause alot of other members as well as me DONT get hit with id verfiys unless doing something to get ur self flagged.
The Following User Says Thank You to doughboykilla For This Useful Post:
First Edition (03-28-2010)
Old 03-28-2010

Longevity: 84%
Default ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
I'm sure sooner or later they'll want blood samples faxed in.
We'll just start another forum that focuses on making ⊗⊗⊗⊗ blood.