Important message about your PayPal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Important message about your PayPal account

Ok so I received this email today for some reason. I currently have 16 feedback on a fully stealth account.

Hello *** *******,

An explanation of payment holds and how they apply to you

Your business is important to us. That's why we're committed to providing a fast and secure payment service to you and your customers while keeping our prices competitive. We're also committed to clearly communicating changes to our policies and procedures. So, we're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

From now on, payments you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. This pending balance helps make sure that you'll have enough money in your account to cover any buyer claims.

Payments will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. After 21 days, the money will be available for withdrawal.
The money may be released sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that you haven't done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.

Payment holds are often applied to new sellers who don't have a lot of transaction history, sellers in traditionally high risk industries (for example, travel or tickets), or sellers who've had a high number of claims filed against them.

If you're a PayPal Money Market Fund customer, you'll continue to earn interest on the total balance while your money is held.

To learn more about this policy change, please read our latest funds availability policy

We appreciate your business and look forward to a continued partnership. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Thanks,

PayPal

My question is, why I am I getting this now? I have 16 positive feedback and they were already holding some of the payments before. Now all of a sudden I get an email from paypal saying this? Does this mean they will hold ALL the payments for 21 days? Or is that till I get the 20 DSR ratings through Ebay? Because I am pretty close. I am just wondering because normally they just hold all the payments no matter what, but I have never received this email. I am selling off my DVD collection so they are just used DVD's, I belieive the most expensive one I have sold sold for like $3.00. If anyone has received this email please respond.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Because paypal are ............. Put whatever cuss words you want.

New account 19 FB selling 'junk' fine.
New account 14 FB selling used dvds & cell phone cases same email as you. I am thinking this might be related to the items...are the bots picking this up as potential problems?
Neither account have had a hold though.
There's a 3rd account where I am 'blending' items so it is too early to make a comment. Only sold 3 items on Thursday.
Old 04-17-2010
Threadstarter  

so wait do you have any idea how long this hold crap is gonna last? Like they can't possibly keep it on there forever, that is totally not fair lol
Old 04-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I would think it is just until you get 20 DSR. On one of my newest accounts they stopped placing holds once I reached 15 DSR's. But I also waited almost 2 months before I ever withdrew any money out of the account. The balance was around $2500 before I made the 1st withdrawl which was only for $500. I have slowly been getting my money out of the account. My goal in building this Paypal account was to build trust with them so I can put my foot on the gas around the 6 month mark and make some serious cash. Only time will tell I guess if this method will pay off. I should also mention that this account does have a SSN on it.
Old 04-18-2010

Longevity: 85%

jesus f'n christ..why are people still making stupid pointless threads about paypal holds? cant you read what they say? may be held for 21 days and will be released sooner if shows delieverd or buyer leaves feedback

i really dont understand why people cry about this,unless yer trying to scam people.why do you care if they hold yer money until paypal releases it from one of the 2 methods? you guys dont make any sense..paypal will do this when they feel they can trust you,they probly wont even hold that many payments..unreal how alot of you guys cry about this..just baffled by the pointless threads on this topic..its common sense..geez
Old 04-18-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsgunner77 View Post
jesus f'n christ..why are people still making stupid pointless threads about paypal holds? cant you read what they say? may be held for 21 days and will be released sooner if shows delieverd or buyer leaves feedback

i really dont understand why people cry about this,unless yer trying to scam people.why do you care if they hold yer money until paypal releases it from one of the 2 methods? you guys dont make any sense..paypal will do this when they feel they can trust you,they probly wont even hold that many payments..unreal how alot of you guys cry about this..just baffled by the pointless threads on this topic..its common sense..geez
It slows down your entire business having to wait 21-days for your payments to be released. Especially if you're just starting. I'd rather not wait nearly a month to receive my funds. Having to wait for your money slows down everything including how fast you can sell, having to wait to buy a new shipment of merchandise, additional problems and having to implement the 21-day policy into your business plan. It's a headache and quite useless really...
Old 04-18-2010
Banned

I got that same email on 1 of my accounts as well and it's just selling used items. It did say that if you are using PayPal to ship the item that the money for shipping will be released just after you get the payment. I only have like 11 FB
Old 04-18-2010
Threadstarter  

I just noticed there is now like a big red bar across the top of my paypal account it says "Important message about your account, from now on money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance, to learn more please read our policy." What the ****? Has ANYONE else ever had this? Like will it go away once I get the higher feedback? I'm at 19 now I'll probably have 30 by the time the end of the week rolls around.
Old 04-18-2010
Banned

Yes same thing on my account as well. Lol I have no clue of when it will disappear.
Old 04-19-2010
Threadstarter  

dammit i guess well have to wait and see, I am almost to the DSR limit so hopefully it goes the hell away, I have just never seen that before. I don't want them putting holds on the account even with like 40 DSR, its bull****!
Old 04-19-2010

Trouble is he says that he is selling used DVDs, which I have done...and not the kind you can buy at Walmart for $20, but industrial DVDs. On more than one occasion I have had a buyer file an "item not as described" dispute with Paypal, only to give them time to make a copy of it.
Even upon refunding their money the scammers will not even return the DVD to me and some have even put the "pirated" item they bought online themselves.
Old 04-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Yea I mean I just listed some more stuff tonight thats not DVD's, but I am at 19 Feedback right now and once the other like 10 DVDS I mailed get delivered I should get the 20+ positive pretty quick. I am just wondering when this bull**** hold is going to go away. It's not like I am withdrawing the money anyway. I am half tempted to just use the money in the paypal account to buy like a $400.00 American Express gift card rather than try to withdraw it since last time I hit "withdraw" it got limited in like 20 minutes.
Old 04-19-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
It slows down your entire business having to wait 21-days for your payments to be released. Especially if you're just starting. I'd rather not wait nearly a month to receive my funds. Having to wait for your money slows down everything including how fast you can sell, having to wait to buy a new shipment of merchandise, additional problems and having to implement the 21-day policy into your business plan. It's a headache and quite useless really...
So just deliver the items your bidders purchase in a timely manner and when they leave positive feedback paypal will release the hold on your money. You don't have to wait 21 days if you are selling what you say you are selling and deliver it quickly. I get holds but as soon (as in within 5 minutes) as my buyer leaves positive feedback about the item, paypal releases the funds.
Old 04-19-2010
Threadstarter  

No I know how the holds work and how to release them, this is nothing new to me as normally every account I open has holds on the first items for 21 days no matter what I sell. My question is that this new email from paypal is new. I have never gotten that before. I have also never received this about 15 feedback in and with the red bar across the the top of my account. I have never seen paypal do this and I am wondering when it will go away.
Old 04-20-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
No I know how the holds work and how to release them, this is nothing new to me as normally every account I open has holds on the first items for 21 days no matter what I sell. My question is that this new email from paypal is new. I have never gotten that before. I have also never received this about 15 feedback in and with the red bar across the the top of my account. I have never seen paypal do this and I am wondering when it will go away.
I recently got the email (2 month old account with 13 fb) but I don't have a red bar so thats something new.
Old 04-20-2010
Threadstarter  

God I hate paypal, they will hold all the damn money for 21 days, which I am not concerned about them holding it really THAT much, but then Im sure when I go to withdraw it they will ****ing limit the account too.
Old 04-25-2010
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: I am now at 25 positive feedback and still receiving the holds. I feel as though I got ****ed per say.
Old 04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
they dont hold yer payments for a full 21 days,ive only had that once to me and it was because tracking never updated and showed item delivered and the buyer never left me any feedback.. its just funny you guys make a big deal out of this 21 day hold, they simply say

The money may be released sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)

what are you guys worried about? are you guys selling shady things and want the money asap or what? i just dont understand how some people cry about this hold when they release the funds on of those 2 things,do signature confirmation to make sure it shows delivered and your funds will always been cleared in a few days , or just call the wahhhhhmbulacne
Old 04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
UPDATE: I am now at 25 positive feedback and still receiving the holds. I feel as though I got ****ed per say.
wow a whole 9 feedback since you made this thread and you think there f'ng you, hah..no patience with alot of people here

once you get past 20-30 dsr,youll be fine, honestly this hold is not a big deal,and it does not slow down business,if it shows delievry or feedback left,it gets released..big deal..you want know how to make stealth accounts fly under the radar..start reallllyyyyyyyyy slow..what you are doing is not slow at all.ive never had an account limited that quick..the soonest was 6 months after selling..people need to use there brain and stop crying about payment holds and limitations
Old 04-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsgunner77 View Post
wow a whole 9 feedback since you made this thread and you think there f'ng you, hah..no patience with alot of people here

once you get past 20-30 dsr,youll be fine, honestly this hold is not a big deal,and it does not slow down business,if it shows delievry or feedback left,it gets released..big deal..you want know how to make stealth accounts fly under the radar..start reallllyyyyyyyyy slow..what you are doing is not slow at all.ive never had an account limited that quick..the soonest was 6 months after selling..people need to use there brain and stop crying about payment holds and limitations
Right because selling reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly slow nickle and dime items for totals of $25.00 a month is even worth it...
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

I know it's Spring ,guys. Keep it nice.
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Another update, so I talked to Paypal and it turns out I have been a victim of the new policy change where if they choose, they will hold ALL your payments for 21 days for the first 3 months. This has NOTHING to do with Ebay, and there is no amount of DSR limit that will lift it. I have over 45 positive DSR now and they said that even if I got up to 200 within 3 months, every payment I receive will still hit the 21 day hold EVERY time. That and it will ONLY be released when positive feedback is left, not once it is marked delivered. I mean I am not trying to rip anyone off or anything, so personally it doesn't matter that much right now. It is just a royal pain only really having a small percentage of your money you can actually use. This is something that alot of you are probably going to have to start dealing with soon enough, they said on the phone that within the next few months all new paypal accounts will be subject to the 21 day hold in order to make sure they are legit. Have fun guys!