Notification of Limited Account Access RXI034 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Notification of Limited Account Access RXI034

So I have been playing around with one of my stealth accounts to see how Ebay/PP would attack. This Ebay and PP account were created on APR-19-10.I have sold mostly Vero stuff, but other stuff as well. To date I have pulled in over 2,300 in sales. Of course I have payments in PP that are pending with the 21 day hold, but the some have been released per positive feedback from the buyers.
This PP account was created with a VVC all with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info of course except for the bank account. It is verified. My eBay account was created and linked to the PP account. I did set to pay my fees via the PP account but I always pay for them with VCC.

Today just after other buyers left positive feedback and funds were released I got the following email.

Dear xxxxx,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding
your account.
We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially
high risk.
Case ID Number: PP-000-
For your protection, we have limited access to your account until
additional security measures can be completed. We apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause.
To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used
to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the
Resolution Center. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek
further clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal
by visiting the Help Center and clicking "Contact Us".
We have also identified activity on your PayPal account involving
transactions from eBay. As an added security measure we have notified eBay
of the current status of your PayPal account and further actions may be
taken on your associated eBay account(s).

They are asking for the following items:
• Confirm Location: We need to confirm that your phone number matches your address
• Confirm Social Security number (or I have the option of Provide proof of Social Security number) ? Options?
• Provide business information Please provide information about your business to help confirm this Business account.
• Provide proof of delivery Please confirm that the merchandise was delivered.
• Provide Invoices
• Supplier Contact Info
• Set credit check address

Note it is only Limited not the sometimes "we don't want to do business with you" that you sometimes may get. There has not been any issues, complaints etc with the Ebay/PP account.

But back to the PP requested items they want, I can confirm the Phone#, address, Provide business information, provide Invoice, and Supplier contacts.

But is there anything I can do to perform the Set credit check address, and Confirm Social Security number To help confirm your identity please add your Social Security number to your PayPal account.

I have in the past just given a Id which passed with no problem, but what about the confirm SS # and Set credit check address?

I welcome your thoughts and will keep all updated

Last edited by massivesystem; 05-12-2010 at 09:50 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2010

Longevity: 81%

That is a lot of stuff they want and even after you go through the list, you may still get the no longer wish to do business. I would move on and wait 180 days for the money.

Last edited by Morgan; 05-12-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

You can't get past the ssn, or credit check address. Anyone offering this service is not allowed on the forum, trust me. That is not something we condone.

Have you tried calling paypal? It is almost impossible to get around this kind of limitation.

Always keep a back up account ready.
Old 05-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
You can't get past the ssn, or credit check address. Anyone offering this service is not allowed on the forum, trust me. That is not something we condone.

Have you tried calling paypal? It is almost impossible to get around this kind of limitation.

Always keep a back up account ready.
I did call them and acted dumb, and told them that I am not a business, she said she will remove it. I also told her that I had my identity leaked out with-in the last year from one of the big mortgage lenders and for that reason I feel uncomfortable about providing a SS.

She stated that the main thing that they are looking for are invoices and soemthing to show my Address (P.O) -which is not problem to produce.

As far as the items I purchase I told her I buy random stuff from public auctions. She ask if I had any type of receipts and I said yes, and she said to send them in.

So what should I do for invoices? Use a real auctioners company name and list items on there?

She does see that I am getting positive feedback from buyer and the held funds are being released.

Other than those items she did say they needed anything else, and yesI did ask her.

thoughts/

Last edited by massivesystem; 05-12-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Well goodluck with that, i sent in a really nice invoice with all my items spelled out. prices quantity etc... even placed it as a retail store in my area with a number... they rejected it. as not good enough and then denied me and closed the appeal. I have 7 different things they are asking me for, including photo id, a bill with my address, and my social, supplier contact info.. and proof about my business,im not a business!
Old 05-12-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

invoices are just receipts of purchase from where you got them... as long as it looks legit, you're good to go
Old 05-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
invoices are just receipts of purchase from where you got them... as long as it looks legit, you're good to go
Well we all know that we can't trust what they say, but according to the person I spoke to if I provide invoices and proof of my PO box that is really all they want. Theey did not even request a copy of id, even though I can photoshop that in 5 mins.

So as far as the invoices they want, do they actual call or check with who ever you put on there? The reason I ask is because since I was playing dumb, I ask alot of questions and the PP agent said that they can check with the company on your purchase. Is this really true?

And what information do I need to put on the invoice. And I take it has to be a real company. Any one have exmpales or tips.

If it makes any difference on weather they check or not I was selling software

Last edited by massivesystem; 05-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2010
MU

I would do your best to get an invoice from a real company, they may or may not call. I still don't know the answer to that... but if they do call, no vendor would dare give out client info to a payment processor for no reason.
Old 05-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I would do your best to get an invoice from a real company, they may or may not call. I still don't know the answer to that... but if they do call, no vendor would dare give out client info to a payment processor for no reason.
Just a update, Payapl ending up send me the lovely email today,

Every business must balance its exposure to risk with its business goals.
At this time, we are not comfortable with the amount of risk your business
exposes itself to. We would like to begin the process of ending our
relationship in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

In addition, your related eBay account will remain closed due to this
current PayPal action.

So I will have to wait 180 for payday which is fine. The fully thing is my Ebay accounts are still active, but of course the option to receive payments via the PP account are invaild, but it does still the option use other methods for Payment ie propay, credit cards etc...

Looks like a new Ebay account is in order, and maybe and a New PP account if I choose to use PP. What other methods seem to work good for others? Or it is easyier to just create another PP account and just use the procautions of staying below the radar?
Old 05-13-2010
MU

ebay owns paypal. It is a waste time to make a new paypal account with the same ebay, it will get kicked, almost immediatley.
Old 05-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
ebay owns paypal. It is a waste time to make a new paypal account with the same ebay, it will get kicked, almost immediatley.
Yes I know that Ebays owns PP. The weird thing is that even though the email from PP stated -
current PayPal action.

I can still login to my EBay account and I could list stuff but I would have to use a differernt method for payment like Propay etc...

The ebay account has no marks what so ever. So could a person use a differnt payment method, or will the EBay account go down any how?

If I make another EBay account what method of accepting payments should a person use?
Old 05-16-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivesystem View Post
Yes I know that Ebays owns PP. The weird thing is that even though the email from PP stated -
current PayPal action.

I can still login to my EBay account and I could list stuff but I would have to use a differernt method for payment like Propay etc...

The ebay account has no marks what so ever. So could a person use a differnt payment method, or will the EBay account go down any how?

If I make another EBay account what method of accepting payments should a person use?

yer ebay may remain opened..ive had 2 accounts within the last 3 months go down..paypal accounts that is..and ebay accounts were active..one got suspended because i didnt pay fees and the other has 0 fees balance and its still open..people like to use paypal..its a pain in the ass using other methods,sales are not the same..i dont care what anyone says..sure some sales may go for more ,but most will not and most people will say cancel the auction..id just move on if i were you
Old 05-16-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsgunner77 View Post
.its a pain in the ass using other methods,sales are not the same..i dont care what anyone says..sure some sales may go for more ,but most will not and most people will say cancel the auction..id just move on if i were you
Are you serious?

It's funny... the ONLY time I use paypal, is when I buy something on eBay. I don't know of any business, large or small that only accepts paypal as a payment method. When you buy gas, does it say paypal only at the pump?

People will, and do use other payment methods. Just because you can't communicate with your buyers to get them off the paypal teet, doesn't mean it's not possible. Paypal is a dead end, I don't care what anyone else says
Old 05-16-2010

Quote:
Are you serious?

It's funny... the ONLY time I use paypal, is when I buy something on eBay. I don't know of any business, large or small that only accepts paypal as a payment method. When you buy gas, does it say paypal only at the pump?

People will, and do use other payment methods. Just because you can't communicate with your buyers to get them off the paypal teet, doesn't mean it's not possible. Paypal is a dead end, I don't care what anyone else says
i didnt say its impossible,but what i said for the most part is true and the fact of the matter is most people here sell vero type stuff,so i dont know how well merchant accounts work with vero,and i have no idea what you sell.i should of been more clear..but if yer a casual seller as most here are..you will not make as much,but if you have a store or have hundreds of auctions.i think its different..again i was refering to how most people here in what they deal and the qty
Old 05-16-2010
MU

You don't have to use paypal to sell an attic full of baseball cards, or to dropship a whole warehouse. You don't have to use them at all. My sales don't get affected one bit. There are so, so many alternatives out there. Yes, paypal is easy to use, and it's heavily marketed.... ten years ago, it was a different game. It was very easy to get ripped off. Now, no matter what payment processor a seller uses, ebay steps in and has buyer protection.

If you're a casual seller, why not take cash? Or checks? Or money orders? Or gold bullion? I personally don't like to have anyone in control of my money except me. Don't be a slave to paypal.
Old 05-16-2010

Quote:
You don't have to use paypal to sell an attic full of baseball cards, or to dropship a whole warehouse. You don't have to use them at all. My sales don't get affected one bit. There are so, so many alternatives out there. Yes, paypal is easy to use, and it's heavily marketed.... ten years ago, it was a different game. It was very easy to get ripped off. Now, no matter what payment processor a seller uses, ebay steps in and has buyer protection.

If you're a casual seller, why not take cash? Or checks? Or money orders? Or gold bullion? I personally don't like to have anyone in control of my money except me. Don't be a slave to paypal.
i think yer missing my point,im refering to what most people here sell and that is vero,i dont think people want to acept checks or money orders at there home address especially with the amounts of people selling software and dvds,i know paypal isnt the only option,but for a small casual seller,it is i believe..yer missing my point
Old 05-16-2010
MU

IMO, this is bad advice:
Quote:
its a pain in the ass using other methods,sales are not the same..i dont care what anyone says..sure some sales may go for more ,but most will not and most people will say cancel the auction..id just move on if i were you
That's my point.
Old 05-16-2010

Quote:
IMO, this is bad advice:

That's my point.
i understand yer point,but you dont really understand mine,im not even going to waste my breathe on this,sell vero and paypal is the beest way to go,thats all im saying
Old 05-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

years ago, it was a different game. It was very easy to get ripped off. Now, no matter what payment processor a seller uses, ebay steps in and has buyer protection.
And something most consumers don't know, visa and mastercard have your back. One phone call and a charge back is done. Doesn't much matter if paypal or whatever was used. Cant stop card level charge backs. Its a deal they all have with Visa and Mastercard... Buyers are always safe. For as long as 6 months. I don't tell my customers that insist on paypal about the 6 months, but I point out that regardless, they are safe. They almost always buy with card and forgo Paypal [I'm talking outside ebay, so that will make a dif though]

but it is easy for me to let them know that they dont need paypal to be safe
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
First Edition (05-16-2010)
Old 05-16-2010
MU

VERO could be ANYTHING with a brand on it.... it's such a general and overly used word on here.