Account Limited With Notification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Account Limited With Notification

Hello,

I have a stealth account that I have been using for about 1 year. I am a Silver Powerseller & Top Rated Seller with 100% positive feedback. Today when I tried to list I got this limited notification for the second time.

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

I sell Vero items but I have never had a complaint or an item pulled. I have been through all the usual stuff like 21 days holds.

Anyway this happened about 2 months ago and I never responded. About a month later I tried to list and the limitation was gone. My question is is it normal for them to limit an account and not send you any notification. I didnt get an eBay message or an email.

Does anybody have any idea whats going on here and how I can avoid this in the future? Also do you guys think the limitation will disappear again like before or did I just get lucky?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by chopperstyle; 05-14-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: removed identifying information
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes all accounts have limits placed on them. The bad part is Ebay will not tell you exactly what that limit is. Usually the limit is just for that "brand" or "catergory". I have talked to Trust and Safety before and got my limit raised but that was on a legit account and not a stealth account so if you did contact them you could be taking a risk.
Old 05-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Cardfelon, do you recommend I do nothing? It worked last time. Do you think I should go that route again?
Old 05-17-2010

Default Account limitation

... I know how you feel having a limitation!

Ebay totally wiped me out over the weekend shutting down 6 accounts I had with them!! Am not one bit amused!!

I made up a new account and within an hour it was suspended all because I provided inaccurate information (contact details). They wanted me to fax down a copy of my passport and bank statement! Don't think so!!!

And so its back to the drawing board and I'm now gonna set up new stealth accounts for myself!!

I hate ebay!!!!
Old 05-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

They will let you list that item again 30 days from the time you got that message. Depending on what you are selling there are ways around the limitation. It all depends on the wording of your title and category you list in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperstyle View Post
Cardfelon, do you recommend I do nothing? It worked last time. Do you think I should go that route again?
Old 05-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Im Back!!!!!!

As of this morning the selling restriction is gone and I am back selling on eBay. For the second time I did absolutely nothing and the selling restriction went away on its own. Man I'm happy. I had a garage full of inventory and Craigslist sales were way too slow!!!!

I recommend to everyone that if your account notifies you that you have a selling limit when you try to list and you don't get any emails from eBay just wait it out. Do not contact Safe Harbor. This has happened to me twice and I am selling 5K a month vero. But I do have 100% positive feedback, Silver Power seller and Top Rated Seller.

I love this account!!