Notification Of Limited Account Access RXI128 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%
Default Notification Of Limited Account Access RXI128

Got hit with this from Paypal yesterday

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding
your account.

A recent review of your account detected suspicious activity regarding the
receipt or withdrawal of funds. While we investigate this matter, access to
your account is limited.

As a result they want:

1. A copy of my photo ID
2. A copy of my invoices

(Please confirm that you own the merchandise you're selling. Helpful documents include copies of sales receipts, itemised lists of goods sold, and original bills of sale. Invoices must show date of purchase, name of wholesaler or supplier, a description of the items sold, quantity of items purchased, and the amount you paid for the merchandise. We will handle your information in accordance with our privacy policy.)

3. Vendor/Supplier information

Please provide some details about your inventory and contact/contract information for your supplier. Contact information should include your supplier's name and phone number, address or email.

4.Proof of posting/delivery if items to buyers

Please confirm that the merchandise was sent. You can provide online tracking information or a receipt issued by the postage company that shows the full name and address of the recipient.

5. Fax information about your business

Please send us screenshots or itemised lists of products you sell and countries you sell to.

What can't I do while my account is limited?

send or request money
electronically transfer funds from your PayPal account
close your account

What can I do?.......

receive payments
place logos into your auction listings or on your website
update your account information

They don't want much do they?!!!

Just to let you know i'm a drop-shipper on EBay and it seems they want to close me down

Has anyone else come accross this?, i'm thinking it might be time for eBay Stealth!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-24-2010

Activity: 0%

It is easier just to walk away from the account and open a new one. You will have to wait 180 days to get any money out on the current account. If you are dropshipping spread your sales over 2 different ebay/paypal accounts so you can rotate the sales 2 weeks on one then switch to the other you do not hit the limit.
Old 04-24-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Dude, this happens to everyone on this forum

Try your best to supply the documents. Always, always keep a back up account handy. Accounts will go down, bottom line. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you the first time.... it's like getting arrested. Every time after the first time is just funny.

ebay steath will help you greatly.
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Dude, this happens to everyone on this forum

Try your best to supply the documents. Always, always keep a back up account handy. Accounts will go down, bottom line. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you the first time.... it's like getting arrested. Every time after the first time is just funny.

ebay steath will help you greatly.
When you say a back up account do you mean a Stealth account?
So if I supply the documents they want, will I still have to wait 180 days?
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You need to have 2-3 stealth accounts aged and ready to turn on as soon as one goes down. I personally don't like the "wait for 180 days" thing b/c thar means you have to leave a bank account open allowing paypal/eBay to potentially take money from your account. I can't have paypal send me check for obvious reasons.
Old 04-25-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
When you say a back up account do you mean a Stealth account?
So if I supply the documents they want, will I still have to wait 180 days?
To both of your questions, the answer is Yes.
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Like fatty says, I should ditch account then, this is gonna cause problems because I might end up in minus after I have refunded customers etc, I was operating a mini ponzi scheme at times!

How long is it going to take me to get a stealth account up and running?
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

If you have a stealth account and you end up in the negative who cares? It's not like they will come after you for the money.

To answer your question about how long it will take to get one up and going it just depends on how quickly you get everything together. If you have the credit card info, phone, and email all set up it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
If you have a stealth account and you end up in the negative who cares? It's not like they will come after you for the money.

To answer your question about how long it will take to get one up and going it just depends on how quickly you get everything together. If you have the credit card info, phone, and email all set up it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
Point taken. Ok cool, so I would need a fresh credit card that has had nothing to do with Ebay /Paypal in the past I take it?, same goes for a bank account I guess?. I would buy the stealth ebook, but it says its unavailable right now.
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

To get the account up and going today you would just need a pre-paid credit or debit card. Once the account is up you can add the bank account
Old 04-25-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
To get the account up and going today you would just need a pre-paid credit or debit card. Once the account is up you can add the bank account
Ok, I guess I shouldn't use one of my Paypal topup cards :D

If the card is registered in my name, address then surely they will figure out it's me. How do I get around that?
Old 04-28-2010

hey i have the same problem. my acct and my mom's acct is frozen. bcuz they were linked (?). i tried creating a new acct and they froze that too.

my acc already got the 180 day frozen thing, my mom's acct is still asking for papers etc.
i was wondering if my mom's acct after posting all the papers will still be frozen for 180 days?

and is there anyway to get around it?
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I thought I would give an update to the situation with my Paypal account.

I have come to realise over the last two weeks, that Paypal 'customer service' staff have no idea what they are talking about and are compulsive liars.

First of all they wanted a list of items that I have sent, but guess what? they didn't bother to tell me which transactions they wanted!. So after a few phone calls to Ireland or India or wherever, some guy emails me a list of transactions that they want proof for. I checked the transactions, and they were all for the same date as the day I received my limitation!!. It clearly said on my listings I take 3 working days to ship, so I haven't shipped them and cannot due to the fact they limited my account, and now I can't afford to post them as I have to use any available money to pay the rent. I told them that I will just have to refund the transactions, and the guy was like 'oh Mr X, that would reflect badly on your account', I think 18 open cases against me is a pretty bad reflection on my account anyway, so I told him to get lost.

Then I spoke to another guy there and he said, 'oh we just want to make sure you're sending items, so just add two or three random tracking numbers from the last couple of weeks and that'll be enough'. LIAR. Phoned up again and another guy said 'no, it's the mentioned transactions or nothing'

So anyway I refunded those transactions and then started to tackle the invoices. Another guy I spoke to said 'oh mr x, you've uploaded an invoice that's good enough' LIAR, I then spoke to another person who said they need more, and I said' well how many you want 5, 10, 100??', 'oh we cant specify, upload as many as you can'

I'm now at the point where I don't give a damn anymore, i'm not answering emails from customers, because I just cant handle the stress, I have 18 open cases against me, and now i'm into negative balance. I'm going to scrap this Ebay and Paypal account, as they will suspend me before long anyway. I'm also thinking it wont be long before they send my account to the debt collection team.

It's taken me 2 1/2 weeks to get absolutely nowhere with these low-life. I absolute loath the unprofessional way they do business, and would like to see them wiped of the face of the earth, until then I don't have a choice.

I live overseas at the moment, so I'm having to fly back to the UK soon just to open a new bank account, I could open a 'full' bank account online, but I don't want a mark on my credit score, and I heard you can only open basic bank accounts in the branch.

Is stealth the best way forward for me, i've seen people on here talking of buying paypal and ebay accounts, but not quite sure how it works.

Any help very much appreciated.
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

One further thing I forgot to mention, as soon as they limited my account I deleted my bank account from my Paypal account and cancelled my Direct Debit, I'm hoping they cant screw my bank account up too
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@sasasa, you really dont need to fly back to the UK to make a new account or get a bank account.
Are you listing on ebay uk from where you live now?
Old 05-11-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
@sasasa, you really dont need to fly back to the UK to make a new account or get a bank account.
Are you listing on ebay uk from where you live now?
Ok, yes listing everything on UK Ebay, based in another country.