problem - sold vero item - customer unhappy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default problem - sold vero item - customer unhappy

I sold a vero product on ebay and the buyer has contacted me pointing out how this differs to a original. They finish the email by saying if they do not receive discount they will report to trade and standards.

The problem i have is that this account i am using isnt very stealth. Its all registered to my ex partners home and she could easily point whovever to my current address.

How should i handle this?

Would it be ok if i changed my address on this account to a address not linked to me in anyway? People move homes all the time dont they?

Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2010

The best advice is to give them the discount to make them happy. Why to risk your account especially if it's not completely stealth?

Last edited by ptenchick; 08-02-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply. I had to sell on this account cos i am in a bit of a rut financially. I do have 2 stealth accounts ageing. Although they are not old enough or have enough feedbacks yet.
Old 08-02-2010

Believe me, we have to do anything and everything to save our accounts... Thank God they asked for a discount and didn't report you to eBay right away..you would have had more problems than that now...
Old 08-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Do you think i just issue a full refund and let them keep the item or would you want it returning? Also what if i discount and they then report me to both ebay and trading standards? Tough ****???
Old 08-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

they just want a discount, that actually good, give it to them, prevents a return and full refund
Old 08-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks oompa. Would you carry on selling on this account or stop?

And like i asked before would it be a good idea to change the address and phone number on this account? Add a little stealth into it?
Old 08-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I would continue to sell on this account as long as you have no strikes on eBay against - one customer who asks for discount is actually a blessing to you.

But, since you have real info on this account, don't mess with the registration info - start working on the stealth.

I am sorry to hear you are in financial tough times but patience is a virtue.

It is difficult to add a little stealth - all your info is still recorded so not worth changing your info. Do light sales and hope for the best. Work with the buyet - customer is always right...well mostly =(
Old 08-02-2010

Yep, protect the account and make the customer happy. Start off with a low discount and see if they will accept it...if not, they will counter. But, in the end make him happy.
Old 08-02-2010
Threadstarter  

New developments. I emailed them before i posted on here and played dumb but i did not deny or say i wont discount them.

They have since replied and said they feel like its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ its a gift for someone and that they will take it to trade and standards. I have emailed them back asking if they would like a discount or to return it. I am a little worried now.
Old 08-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Just say to them they are mistaken about it being ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but you want to keep a wonderful customer happy... then say" I will give you a discount for a positive feedback to show good faith" most of all we want you to be happy".
Old 08-03-2010
Threadstarter  

There starting to take the piss a little now.

I said i will provide a discount if they leave good feedback. They said they wanted half refunding. There was a stand off on whether who should refund or leave feedback first.

They then said they swear on there mothers life that they will leave good feedback once refund is received. Now that i have refunded they have emailed me again asking for me to send another item to them as a goodwill gesture then they leave feedback.

I have just emailed back and reminded them that they swore on there mothers life. How would you guys handle this now? This could get outta hand if they keep pushing. Where do i draw the line?
Old 08-03-2010
Threadstarter  

I have just offered them a full refund for the first item instead. Hopefully this will end the matter. I feel like i am getting a neg feedback no matter what.
Old 08-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Refund and cancel the transaction if you can. You don't need this hassle. Work on other sales.
Old 08-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
There starting to take the piss a little now.

I said i will provide a discount if they leave good feedback. They said they wanted half refunding. There was a stand off on whether who should refund or leave feedback first.

They then said they swear on there mothers life that they will leave good feedback once refund is received. Now that i have refunded they have emailed me again asking for me to send another item to them as a goodwill gesture then they leave feedback.

I have just emailed back and reminded them that they swore on there mothers life. How would you guys handle this now? This could get outta hand if they keep pushing. Where do i draw the line?
So, they want not only the 50% refund, but also another item as well? What about the first item? Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like they are entering the realm of extortion.
Old 08-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

I would at this Point tell them "Im sorry I can't do that" I would then tell them that you yourself Bought the Items Thinking that they were Real and that you are Grateful to them for pointing out that they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗--(That by the way was your first mistake NEVER Admit that an Item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, NEVER Deny it Either!!) You have since this incident returned the rest of the Items from where you bought them and no Longer have any, then tell them that you are Sorry for the Whole thing and that you no longer want ANY Feedback at ALL.

Then tell them that what you did was wrong, but at least you did not know all the facts in the begining, however you are Quite sure that THEY Know that Extortion is against Ebay Policy and the Law of the land and that you will provide Ebay with a Copy of the Message if you feel that it is Needed by Ebay to Protect YOU, again that you are VERY sorry that it has come to this.

In other Apologize, Apologize, Apologize, then THREATHEN and Apologize again.

Good luck
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
aking (08-03-2010), jeffweico (08-03-2010), pod (08-03-2010), ptenchick (08-03-2010), teufle (08-04-2010)
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Just refund them in full. That way you keep an account open and don't have trading standards at your door. Although, they wont act on one complaint, they have to have had several people complain. Go with your instinct, if you have to lose a bit of money in order to make more then so be it.
Old 08-04-2010
Threadstarter  

They left me a positive feedback thinking i was sending the second item. I pointed out i couldnt and refunded them in full. Fingers crossed thats the end of it.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Trading Standards wont act on one complaint, although it's important to not draw attention on to yourself. You have let them keep the product and refunded some of the money which is fair. Ignore any further pestering from the person, and check them out... do a simple Google search of their name, place etc. and see what they are about. See if they have any links to TS or anything like them.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

As more and more buyers realize they can buy a knock off and then hold a gun to sellers head its going to be pretty crappy for sellers. eBay is full of ways for buyers to screw with sellers and they just keep adding more ways.

And good sellers are getting hit every day too with no recourse. Item doesn't have to be returned. Item can be burned. ETC. Absurd policies. Letting them return if they want, sure. Letting buyer destroy it or keep it without paying? Are these guys all on drugs?

No wonder there are so many sellers getting emails from buyer negotiating a deal.....

If they don't start doing some things in benefit of sellers pretty soon eBay will just be buyer scam central. Loop holes spread like cancer. I don't sell knock offs, but I can see a day where a huge amount of the sales are pre planned ripoffs by buyer.....

Sooner or later the seller fees will need to be 33% to offset the lose of sellers... Do the executives at eBay have an office pool going on as to just how bad it can get for sellers before the numbers crash so hard they are near death???
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Pod you are correct as Usual, But there WILL be a "Tipping Point' a point were Ebay will realize that their policies are HURTING Them, When Too MANY Legit Sellers get Continually Hurt by these Absurd policies Start Leaving Ebay in Even Larger Numbers as they are Now, Leaving Nothing But Scammers Selling on Ebay. This will Then increase the amount of Fraud on Ebay Making Buyers begin to Also Leave in Droves, when that starts happen things will change again, Its ALL Connected
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

there WILL be a "Tipping Point' a point were Ebay will realize that their policies are HURTING Them
But will it be too little too late is the question. I guarantee if the crap they have in place now was there at launch, nobody would even know what eBay is today.

Making it so a buyer can return an item for no reason and no questions asked is one thing. It almost makes sense for buyer confidence. But some of the policies are of one single use only: So buyer can rip off seller or make absurd demands that would never fly in a real marketplace. Walmart has a pretty liberal return policy. But I dare anyone to go in there and ask for half or all the money back while they keep the item! Its just wrong on so many levels....