Dial-Up ISP Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Dial-Up ISP Question

I tried searching for this, but most of what I found is older info.

I have been using broadband internet sticks and a new PC for each stealth identity I create. Problem is, I am running out of providers.

Dial-Up is slow, to be sure, but would give me some leeway geographically speaking. Since I wouldn't be using this for downloading anything, speed is not the most important issue, and this should get the job done.

My question is, which ISP is best to use? Does anyone have any recent experience with any of them? My initial thought was to use something big like AOL or Earthlink.

Any suggestions appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2010

I've been considering PeoplePC. Have you looked at them?
Old 08-16-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I just use dial up, record all IP numbers and only go online with ebay and pp when needed. Usually only when I have a question to answer, withdrawl to make etc and being slow is worth the shorter time.

Benefits are great because cost is low and I get a new number to use.

I used Excel to sort them out for the different users and so far so good.

I list using high speed through Auctiva.
Old 08-16-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

I thought AOL dial up is no good? Or is that something else from AOL?
Old 08-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

All the dial ups I use are long distance North America - all over Canada and US jeffweico. I use free service - pm if interested.
Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I just use dial up, record all IP numbers and only go online with ebay and pp when needed. Usually only when I have a question to answer, withdrawl to make etc and being slow is worth the shorter time.

Benefits are great because cost is low and I get a new number to use.

I used Excel to sort them out for the different users and so far so good.

I list using high speed through Auctiva.
do you only use local dialup numbers?
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I decided to go with copper.net. Not that it means much, but they seem to have the best privacy policy. They also have dial ins all over the US and Canada. I added a voice line (landline) to my DSL service and that costs $15 per month (I save because I also have DSL). Since my landline is unlimited, I can dial in anywhere they have a line.

Given that copper.net is not as big as something likel Earthlink, I would not use it on too many accounts, but it should be good for maybe 5 or so. All in different areas, opened at different times, of course.
Old 08-17-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

When I was using dial up I found that Netzero was the best. It lets you dial out to different cities and it's cheap. Problem is that not all access numbers give you a decent connection speed so you have to find out yourself and keep the ones that work. GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-17-2010

Wow you sure do take stealth to the extreme as if you were literally more than 1 person.

Roadrunner? OptimumOnline Broadband?

Why do you use different broadband sticks and a new PC for each stealth identity you create?
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Wow you sure do take stealth to the extreme as if you were literally more than 1 person.

Roadrunner? OptimumOnline Broadband?

Why do you use different broadband sticks and a new PC for each stealth identity you create?
Because I am also on Amazon, and they are WAY trickier than eBay. I am also afraid that I would forget to change an IP, spoof a MAC address, or whatever, and then I'd be linked.

I depend on the internet for my income, so I would rather not take chances. Some say it is overkill, but it is what I am comfortable with.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-18-2010)
Old 08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Because I am also on Amazon, and they are WAY trickier than eBay. I am also afraid that I would forget to change an IP, spoof a MAC address, or whatever, and then I'd be linked.

I depend on the internet for my income, so I would rather not take chances. Some say it is overkill, but it is what I am comfortable with.
I understand.
So I guess it is true that you do need to use different broadband sticks per PC OR windows user accounts when selling on Amazon.
Any idea if your untrackable when stealing open WI-FI for each PC or windows user accounts for Amazon?
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

I agree 100%.
I run AOL dialup to gain access to the internet for ALL of my Amazon accounts.
I am also thinking about getting a PerPaid Broadband stick that has a dynamic IP Address.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
I understand.
So I guess it is true that you do need to use different broadband sticks per PC OR windows user accounts when selling on Amazon.
Any idea if your untrackable when stealing open WI-FI for each PC or windows user accounts for Amazon?
You can use an open connection, just hope that the owner isn't limited! Could your using it be tracked back to you personally? Not very likely. In fact, nearly impossible. It COULD be done, but from what I know of it they would need to examine your PC. I am not 100% on this, however.

But Amazon can see if you are on the same computer if you don't take several steps to prevent it. Spoof the MAC's, change the IP's, some people say to use VMware to create virtual machines, etc. And now they are using browser fingerprinting. In addition to looking for similarities in accounts as described in the stealth guide. I also have a suspicion that if they already have reason to believe that 2 accounts may be for the same person, they look at the time of day you logon and list.

Amazon is very tricky, which is why I use different PC's and internet sticks. But that limits me to the geographical area I'm in. That is why I want the dialup. That and the fact that the dialup is cheaper.

I look at it this way. A used PC can cost as little as $100. Remember, it does not need lots of memory, speed or graphics. When I run my numbers, it is worth it to me to spend the $100 for a new account. Well, add $20 for a new TracFone, or VOIP (I have both) and $40 or so per month for the internet stick. But the thought process is the same. A simple business decision based on the numbers.

I know that some people are successful with one PC. Many say my way is expensive and that it is overkill. But it works for me and it is what I am comfortable with.

Maybe someone who uses one PC will chime in???
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

I use one PC with different user accounts- I like dial up because 1. i am no good with tech like nic, mac, ip, etc. so whatever - 2. I have free long distance all over North Am so yeah, for Amazon, hit up different cities.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I use one PC with different user accounts- I like dial up because 1. i am no good with tech like nic, mac, ip, etc. so whatever - 2. I have free long distance all over North Am so yeah, for Amazon, hit up different cities.
Same here. Only at the moment I am a dialup wannabe. But I have the line, it is unlimited. I added it to my DSL and the bundle savings means only $15 per month in extra cost. As long as the ISP does not cost more than $25 per month (and most are less) then I can have several connections for the price of ONE internet stick. Multiply that by 5 machines, and I save $200 per month, or $2,400 per year. The small savings DO ADD UP!
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I have some questions on dialup. Maybe you can answer Jeff, or someone else can.

Most dial ups they have this so called "high speed" dial up options they charge a fee for. Now I know is just a cache system marketed to people as high speed. But if you use this or similar does it not show as a proxy? Would this be dangerous with eBay? Or do they somehow recognize this cache proxy or whatever as ok?

And does it even get you much better speed? I know it has no baring on uploads/downloads. Its just for page loads. But when I use dial-up I seriously want to kill myself. Any speed advantage, albeit tiny would help. These systems are similar to how opera mini works on a blackberry. And it does help the speed considerably. They cache and compress the data on their site before sending to phone. So I assume these so called high speed dial ups are the same principle. But it would show as a proxy to site I'm thinking.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I have some questions on dialup. Maybe you can answer Jeff, or someone else can.

Most dial ups they have this so called "high speed" dial up options they charge a fee for. Now I know is just a cache system marketed to people as high speed. But if you use this or similar does it not show as a proxy? Would this be dangerous with eBay? Or do they somehow recognize this cache proxy or whatever as ok?

And does it even get you much better speed? I know it has no baring on uploads/downloads. Its just for page loads. But when I use dial-up I seriously want to kill myself. Any speed advantage, albeit tiny would help. These systems are similar to how opera mini works on a blackberry. And it does help the speed considerably. They cache and compress the data on their site before sending to phone. So I assume these so called high speed dial ups are the same principle. But it would show as a proxy to site I'm thinking.
Good point, but I don't know the answer to either of these questions. I have not yet used this (I will be in a couple of days) and the last time I had a dial-up account was back in the 1990's...
Old 08-20-2010

If you go the dial-up route, do you need a long distance plan? Big difference in price, is the only reason I am asking.
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

1. Highspeed does make a difference on page loading so yes, you have to figure if the cost is worth time to you. Most services offer that option - I would go with it. I have been doing dial-up both on and off highspeed - it's BAD with out!

2. You don't NEED a long distance plan but, if you want to operate accounts from different cities (like I do), hell yes I go with it. $25 for long distance unlimited north america is well worth it when you are on dial-up for couple of hours a day....
Old 02-14-2012
Banned

Hate to bump an old thread but found out something interesting about dialup:

When choosing a dial-up Internet service provider you want to avoid companies that use proprietary software like AOL, Net Zero ect.

Craigslist ad posting tips. Follow this simple advice and you will have no worries
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (11-24-2012)
Old 11-24-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Hate to bump an old thread but found out something interesting about dialup:

When choosing a dial-up Internet service provider you want to avoid companies that use proprietary software like AOL, Net Zero ect.

Craigslist ad posting tips. Follow this simple advice and you will have no worries
Great, I just got NetZero this week.

Is using NetZero really going to be a problem for 10+ Stealth PPs?

I have logged on 25+ times to see if IP address changes and indeed it does.

Every single IP change was different. Do we really need to record and verify what IPs are used?

I know some IP providers have a limited amount of IPs available and they Rotate IP addresses.

Does anyone know if NetZero rotates IPs? I called them up and they said NO but I don't believe these customer support reps.

Thanks.