SECRETS...Shhhhh... + TRICKS ! :)) "Did you know that...." - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default SECRETS...Shhhhh... + TRICKS ! :)) "Did you know that...."

I thought maybe we could all share here some things, we are afraid to post openly....

Ok, I will start it off.

Did you know that....

1.) You can change the verbage on some Vero type items to get them to get passed the ebay monitors??

i.e. When recently trying to list a Rolex Golf Shirt for sale, it denied me with the Red Message Box..
I now go into Auctiva when making my listings,
I now list that same golf shirt as.
Rollex Golf Shirt Polo Gents Size XLg
then-
place in 2 categories-
The1st category MUST be the correct one-- i.e. Clothing/Mens/shirts/polo etc.
Then the 2nd category-
Watches/wristwatches/ brand-from drop down-Rolex
Then- I use Featured list-- which you need 10 fb, but then when you punch in Rolex shirt=== comes up in the search.. )
This would apply to many items, using same principles.. )
The shirts always close/ even able to send second chance offers..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebayhateluv For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-23-2015), techbayelectronics (02-20-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2008

Longevity: 94%

hey everyone -- i faxed my 'merchant statement' into ebay yesterday and they just called me 5 minutes ago to confirm they received it! They told me that they went ahead and updated my account to accept credit cards through my merchant account!!! I even sent them one with the merchant number blacked out!!
Old 01-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Congrats, Mr. Josh. You know you've really gotta give Aspkin props for bringing us all together like this. I know for me..I have really learned a lot from all you guys!
Old 01-18-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Ebayhateluv^^^^ How do you find the time to be on here 24-7 with 5 businesses, 5 Ebay accounts, 8 kids, and a husband???
Old 01-18-2008
Threadstarter  

called being Overly Organized-Obsessive-Compulsive + a Palm Treo while I'm driving
Old 01-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Good info, thanks ebayhateluv.
Old 01-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
called being Overly Organized-Obsessive-Compulsive + a Palm Treo while I'm driving

Haha, I was thinking thats what you were doing.
Old 01-18-2008

ok, im on the 30 in 30 diet starting today!!! NOPE, not food---ebay accounts!!! LOL

I am going to raise 30 ebay accounts by the end of the month and then next month slowly start selling on them----my goal by march is to have 30 ebay accounts with 5 items selling on each of them each week---that would be 150 which is about my weekly inventory----5 items a week (of which 3-4 might sell per account) would be very LOW key and I am hoping to have a very healthy year as far as suspensions go!!
Old 01-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Hi- good ideas! Couple things to watch for- A.) the ebay fees- can bite ya! watch/ monitor them + be prepared to have extra cards on hand to pay them..the billing dates, the 1st + 16th.. B.) you will go crazy with Questions from buyers..get generic answers ready on your desktop-to copy/paste.. C.) have your auction ending dates on index cards or post its...so u always get to the buyers b4 they request contact info... D.) have a system for shipping-with the returns address- etc. to not link the accts E.) decide how you're gonna keep the accts Safe- with ips, etc... F.) if u have any competition after u-looking to report u-That's a whole other Strategy. + Another set of Guerrilla Warfare Rules....Be Careful...+ Good Luck!
Old 01-18-2008

Use caution when Fax merchant account info in. I took several monthly statement used a PDF writer to edit addresses and merchant numbers and dates.

I got three approved faxing info in every two to three days. By the fifth statement the eBay suspended all accounts approved to not.

The problem is your are faxing the info in to one person Wally Anderson 804-297-8999 from British Columbia.

They suspended all accounts I faxed in. I stopped Faxing in info. I will try again in the future. It does create a bottle neck in creating seller accounts.

Has anyone faxed in and got more than 5 accounts approved?
Old 01-19-2008

nice ebayhateluv, ive been doing that with some of my purses, i dont put the brand name in the title at all, but select it from the drop down. not only does the item get on the ebay site instantly, but when people search for that brand purse, mine comes up too. doesent work with most items though, as some dont have thos drop downs and if you type info into those boxes, the method doesent work.
Old 01-19-2008
Banned

Thats a smart move..
Old 01-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Here's a tip I use:

Always shill bid and win one item from every screen name you use. That way, if the account gets suspended, you will know immediately if ebay sends this email to all your bidders: "YOUR SELLER IS A FRAUD ARTIST- DON'T PAY FOR YOUR ITEM, OR IF YOU DID CHARGE IT BACK IMMEDIATELY WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ITEM."

I don't know why on some suspensions they do that, and some they don't?? But when my bidders do get that email, I have my spin control letter prepared as a rebuttal and "justification" for why the account was suspended. I basically say, yeah, i was worried about my account getting unauthorized auctions, so I told ebay to take it unregistered, and ebay is making sure you only interact with the real seller, me, and not an unauthorized party. Works like a charm! Communication is the key when dealing with frightened customers.
Old 01-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Has anyone posted about extending your ability to sell after you get your first limitation for non-payment of your invoice?

You just go to "place or update your credit card on file" re-enter your credit card, and you can sell again for a couple of more weeks.

Also I've never seen anyone mention about playing around with invoice dates on your seller accounts. Invoice date of course being determined by when during the month the seller account, not the ebay registration, is created.

If your invoice date is the end of the month, then start selling after the 1st of the next month and it takes longer to get an invoice, hence, you get more time to sell.(If you register between 1st-14th, start selling after the 16th. For some reason, the names I create on the 15th end up on end of the month)

I think I've been able to stretch my selling life to 60 days before the EBI notice comes. Of course, you could also use that strategy to run up a really small first invoice and pay it just for fun too. I'll start selling 10 things on 1/13, and have a cheap invoice for my "15th of the month billing cycle" and pay it.

I'm sure all the pros on here know this stuff, but not sure how to get the word out "underground" to newbies who don't.
Old 01-20-2008
Threadstarter  

Wow-we are really getting some Cool Stuff -I was told this by my Grandfather years ago- Everyone no matter how young or old Learns something New each + everyday..Sometimes I can't wait to get up + check the Forum..You guys are so Intelligent + I am learning something new everyday ..here at [Aspkins College of Ebay Re-DO's] Thanks!
Old 01-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJosh View Post
6)Make sure that the account you are trying to get lifted has already sold several things with paypal payments --- a good inidicator is you sell with both paypal and merchant account until it wont let you use merchant account----at the beginning (unless your account is suspicious), you can select both paypal and merchant account....keep doing this until they finally say, "FAX US" lol
That reminds me, on all my names so far, I have been able to get away with choosing merchant account along with paypal on my first 10 listings, and then they said FAX US and wouldn't let me do merchant account anymore.

I really appreciate your advice here, going to try it sometime this week.
Old 01-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

I have another question about faxing in merchant statements:

Is your ebay account registration in your home town, because I am wondering if since they are checking the fax number, do they check that your ebay account is registered in the same town as from whence the fax came?
Old 01-20-2008
Banned

I use my merchant account without faxing Ebay nada.. But of course i cant give out my secrets openly. I be damn if I fax them anything
Old 01-20-2008

I would definately fax in (if you are going to fax....hanson, how are you getting around that????) from the same area code as where you are "registered" ---- I can't prove anything, but it definately could be a red flag if you are registered in CA and you fax in from OH!!
Old 01-21-2008
Banned

I only fax one time using rapidfax. Read here http://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspens...documents.html
Old 01-21-2008

another free fax service
Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing
Old 01-21-2008

If you have cable internet, I found a way to change your IP without unplugging, etc. AND, if you write down the IP address, you can actually force your computer to go back to that IP address. This is great if you have a lot of accounts so that you can use the same IP acct everytime that goes with each account. PM me if you have cable and would like to know!