PHP/SQL script that will allow posting listings to multiple eBay accounts safely - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default PHP/SQL script that will allow posting listings to multiple eBay accounts safely

(To understand what I am asking please visit this eBay store: hxxp://stores.ebay.com/MICRO-ONE-COMPUTERS

then click any listing, scroll down to where you can customize a computer, and click the build configuration button)

I will have this type of script setup on my website, with ALL my eBay accounts, it will allow me to publish eBay listings to any of my eBay accounts directly from one windows user account through my website.

Do you guys think eBay is sophisticated enough to pick up that the listings are being "generated" from the same website and IP? Since I am creating them from one windows user account that would be the only way I would think they could track me, but since I dont have to login to eBay to accomplish this Im not sure (The listings are created via eBay developer program through a token, kind of like a login/pw for programmers. The token gives eBay "buyers" access to create a listing on the "sellers" eBay account).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this type of tool, anyone can manage 20 eBay accounts, setup 5 listings on each account just like you are managing 1 account with 5 listings. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on if this would be linkable. Also, after I develop this script (I am busy developing another script at the moment for my website, so it will take about a month to complete) if anyone would like something like this please PM me.

Anyway, thanks guys!

Last edited by jhohman; 01-10-2011 at 12:04 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2011
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

MagicMicro.com

All images are being hosted from that site? That's one way they can link you right there.

It's a nice system.. you can make it more bulletproof if you host images on a 3rd party site.

If auctions look the same on each account.. it could be a reason to link accounts as well.

It seems these are dynamic and that you can update auctions on your end? Very nice..
Old 01-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Oh yes the images, I will keep that in mind when I develop the script. Also I will post a "test script" link here in about a month. Feel free to list away, all the listings will go through the eBay sandbox (This is a test environment that eBay setup for programmers to test their scripts without being charged for listing fees)
Old 01-10-2011

Longevity: 77%

Things I see that you'll need to overcome:
-IP address. The web server is going to have the same IP so multiple postings with this server is an instant link. Maybe you can have one shared IP to manage the script but then a separate Dedicated IP for each additional account...and then the subscripts that post the ebay auctions would be run by that IP?

-Images. I'm sure you can write something that will watermark your photos. That will take care of ebay but your competitors might catch on if the photos look exactly the same.

-Auction titles, descriptions, etc. I can't imagine it would be wise to use an exact copy.
Old 01-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdafdafda View Post
Things I see that you'll need to overcome:
-IP address. The web server is going to have the same IP so multiple postings with this server is an instant link. Maybe you can have one shared IP to manage the script but then a separate Dedicated IP for each additional account...and then the subscripts that post the ebay auctions would be run by that IP?

-Images. I'm sure you can write something that will watermark your photos. That will take care of ebay but your competitors might catch on if the photos look exactly the same.

-Auction titles, descriptions, etc. I can't imagine it would be wise to use an exact copy.

I dont think eBay will make the link by having the same IP on the webserver (Since powersellers use this same script setup to allow customers to publish listings) That is a good idea to have each ebay account branch off to a seperate IP, I will try doing that if these 2 test accounts get linked. Images,yes aspkin brought that point up as well and I can take care of that pretty easy.

Thanks for your input!