HELP PLEASE!!! Paypal Account Limited due to selling *** and I am unsure what to do!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-21-2011
almosteverythingg

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Exclamation HELP PLEASE!!! Paypal Account Limited due to selling *** and I am unsure what to do!!

Today I got a call from Paypal telling me that my account will be temporarily suspended until I can provide them with some information about some recent sales. They then said I would receive an email with instructions. Here is the email I received:

Hello Adam *****,

We need your help resolving an issue with your account. To give us time to
work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your
account until the issue is resolved.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal
account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as
quickly as possible.

What's the problem?

We need some more information about some of your recent sales.

Case ID Number: ********

How you can help

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the
time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest
transactions.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your
account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the
Resolution Center.

Thanks,
PayPal

I went on Paypal and it is legit not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email. So they want me to provide the name of my supplier and invoices for all of my purchases.

The items I have been selling aren't allowed on eBay like Rosetta Stone and P90x and are from China :( if you catch my drift but I do have 100% seller feedback so I am sure it wasn't one of my customers that complained.

I have no idea what to do should I make up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ company and invoice? I feel like I am screwed but I don't have any experience with this stuff so I was hoping your expertise could help me wiggle out of this one if possible! Also, should I be worried about law enforcement? Can I close my account? I only have $15 in there so not a big loss. This is my personal paypal account and I just recently opened a Premier so I have that one as a back up. Thanks Adam!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Rule 1: DONT SELL COUNTERFEITS
Rule 2: I dont have a Rule 2.

Say you bought them from a seller from craigslist. They will ask for an invoice or receipt. Just tell them you didnt get one and which craigslist purchase comes with a receipt. If they ask for more info. Tell them you only have a phone number. If PayPal wants the Phone number create a forwarding number to your phone when. When and if PayPal calls Pose as the craigslist seller.

Or you can create your own STEALTH invoices
Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by almosteverythingg View Post
I feel like I am screwed
you are.

Quote:
help me wiggle out of this...
not happening. sorry. this account is done. research new items to sell and start over with new accounts. you will NOT make it selling rosetta stone or p90x. learn this lesson, and move on to more legitimate practices.
Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to forums.

Your only option is a "Hail Mary" shot involving gettign creative with documents - make 'em up and hope.

But in all likelihood, given pa yp al's dislike of these highly counterfeited items, kris is correct.

All the best.
Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Bye, bye. Time for a do-over.
Old 02-22-2011
almosteverythingg

Longevity: 0%

so do I just do nothing? will my account be closed?
Old 02-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The prolem with these items is that there are relatively few legitmate distributors, and PayPal, eBay and Amazon know who all of them are. You could TRY to come up with documents if you know what a legitimate distributor's invoice looks like, but they will - in all likelihood - call to verify. You could get lucky, but that would be a longshot.

A few years ago, you could get away with selling counterfeits. But those days are over. If your accounts don't get closed, your items could be seized by customs when you try to bring them in. Or, an undercover buyer - who works for the rights owner - will make a purchase from you so they have the evidence evidence ineeded to win in court and sue you for damages. Of course, there is also the possibility of getting on law enforcement's radar, and that would be far more serious.

Of course, nothing will have profit margins like counterfeits will. But if you do some research, you can find items that have GOOD margins that you can sell - and then not have to worry about being sued or going to jail.

To answer your question, YES, if you fail to resond, you will receive a notice that your account has been terminated. Any remaining funds will be held for 180 days. If you get any refunds or chargebacks during that period, PayPal CAN and WILL try to get the money from your bank account or from your credit card. If that is a concern for you, close those accounts. But also be aware that if you leave PayPal holding the bag, so to speak, they WILL send your account to collections and it WILL have a negative effect on your credit.

This is just an FYI, I am NOT judging you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
so do I just do nothing? will my account be closed?
I am normally a firm believer in sending in the docs requested - in most situations... I mean, it can hurt, right? So what have you got to lose, except some time? I would suggest, however, not getting your hopes up in this case.

I'm not exactly an expert here, and I certainly feel for your situation... but I'd bet all the money in my wallet right now that this account is done. You are dealing in a VERY high-risk category, with probably 2 of THE highest risk items.

If I was you, I'd try sending the docs. But most of my time would be spent looking for new items to sell. And let me tell you... you'll feel a whole lot better when you are selling legit products that you trust. Even if it is being done on a stealth account.

Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to kris For This Useful Post: