Is it really worth the Hassle?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Is it really worth the Hassle??

Looking around here etc,with all the lengths we go to, to sell on ebay,You have to wonder is it really worth it?
When you get money held by paypal etc,Buyers who are To**ers and want to rip you off.
You have to think why bother?
I have a shop and never get any hassle like i do online with Ebay.
So i think to myself knock it on the head.
Any body agree or will i get knocked down!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no you wont get knocked down! seen similar threads before.

honestly I would not rely on ebay/amazon etc for my bills.

However I find, regardless of holds and scammers, it still makes money.

If you have a shop that runs well, then ebay might be good side-line.
Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I will not knock you down. It's a feeling that many get.

Choices are change the mind set or stop.

If you dont sell, then there's more of a market for me. Yeah.

What I enjoy now is beating ebay/paypal. Love the hassles because those tossers are not getting me. It's the thrill of the chase for me.
Gman91189 (10-24-2011), Roscoe (09-21-2012), stevebills (10-23-2011)
Old 10-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Lol. Like It GB.
Yeah thats why im doing it for the thrill to be honest.
Just wondered really what the views were of folx
Just seems the bstards will limit anyone selling an old shovel.
Hopefully times will change and they will get some serious competiton... one day but dont hold ya breath
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

Ebay has enabled us to earn a good living where we were struggling with farming

It is only a hassle when you try to do it on the cheap. Long ago I formulated a method of working that for me works every time. The problem with it is that it can cost a lot of money to set up.

Once I bit that bullet I found it was the best investment I ever made and I get very few hassles now.

I must admit I get a real high when I empty my Paypal accounts each week.

I run Ebay like a business and every business has its share of hassles but for me it works
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
SUVE (11-19-2011)
Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammybabe View Post
Lol. Like It GB.
Yeah thats why im doing it for the thrill to be honest.
Just wondered really what the views were of folx
Just seems the bstards will limit anyone selling an old shovel.
Hopefully times will change and they will get some serious competiton... one day but dont hold ya breath
They are a challenge.

They make rules.

Rules can be bent.

Result: money for me

That said, I treat my buyers with respect. They get what they purchase.

ebasy/paypal/buyers get what they deserve
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Done right.

Simple, yes it is worth it. i have over 32 accounts and use only 2 at any one time last year the least preforming made me 26k net.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
no you wont get knocked down! seen similar threads before.

honestly I would not rely on ebay/amazon etc for my bills.

However I find, regardless of holds and scammers, it still makes money.

If you have a shop that runs well, then ebay might be good side-line.
That's my husband's view. Running four Pizza/Fast Food shops successfully and (religiously) has a real good laugh when see me hitting my head against (whatever) when an eBay account goes down or PayPal gets limited.

His Q: Why on earth do you do this.
My A:

Last edited by jnveed; 10-23-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Done right.

Simple, yes it is worth it. i have over 32 accounts and use only 2 at any one time last year the least preforming made me 26k net.

You lucky you.

Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Nothing to do with luck.

dedication, hard work and understanding.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (10-24-2011), GrannyT (10-23-2011), Sandy D (10-23-2011), SUVE (11-19-2011), wonderwoman901 (02-11-2012)
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I will not knock you down. It's a feeling that many get.

Choices are change the mind set or stop.

If you dont sell, then there's more of a market for me. Yeah.

What I enjoy now is beating ebay/paypal. Love the hassles because those tossers are not getting me. It's the thrill of the chase for me.
Ditto
Old 10-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

It's been about 6 months since my Ebay went down, I still don't have a fully operational Ebay account with 100/30.000k limit yet.

So in the last 6 months, Amazon, Craigslist and other private venues managed to not only replace the Ebay profits but actually surpass them.

Ebay was good for me due to International customers, and certain items sell much better on Ebay than on Amazon, Craigslist, etc.
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 75%
Talking

I sell cars on ebay and its always had the best response out there even though they want them cheap and I only need 2 listings a week to to this so stealth works OK for me and last time they suspended my account I owed eBay £200 so they never got paid what a shame
Old 10-23-2011

Longevity: 80%

Gave up on ebay after I came across amazon. My items sell for a lot more there and the sales are awesome. More than a year now of selling without any issues with amazon. Dont have to worry about limitation or any of that stuff. Its a relief.
Old 10-23-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

In the beginning of becoming stealth yes it was a hassle. But over time as I learned more it became more easy. Sure every day something new comes along and knowing that none of us know everything there is to know it becomes a challenge for me to learn as much as I can.

Two things came to mind when I read your thread headline.

Some people do not want to put out the effort to learn and become successful and some people will not stop until they achieve something.

Those who bail out just do not want to put our the work that is needed.

Many here like myself spend a ton of hours every single day online. With kids and a hubby to take care of I do my online stuff with my laptop during fixing supper, laundry, cleaning, etc. I am up early to go through my accounts before everyone else gets up. Many nights I am online until 2-3 am and get up at 5:30 to start the day.

Growing up in a business owned by parents who worked it 24-7 364 a year taught me that nothing will come to you if you do not put out the effort.

They grew into a very successful business through hard work and of course determination to succeed. Having a large group of kids will do that do you.

All of our paths are different, for me the hassle has paid off. Sure we all have the bad days but for me the countless hours of reading, posting, listing, picture taking, answering questions, packing had paid off.

Now I have several accounts that make far more money then anyone who goes to work for say Wal Mart. I know a Wal Mart stocker who works 35 hours and brings home 300 bucks a week. I make 300 a day sometimes on ebay on just one account. Many here make much more then that.

Ironic - I received a PM last night asking specific questions about how to do things. In most cases if the member is a standing member here with valued post and has given back to our community I will be the first to try and help. But this member wanted the answers without doing any leg work, without spending time on the board. 11 post in almost a year tells me they did not feel the hassle was worth it.

My goal is to develop a ton of accounts over time and be organized enough to run 8-10 accounts at a time and switch over to the next group the next week and so on.

But what I like the most other then the money is the fact that I can watch the emails of SOLD come in knowing that I just made a nice profit on an item that was easily found using my experiences in antiques and collectibles.

The success is very important to me, learning the new items and how to market them and be competitive is a challenge and a hassle but I love it.

I recently found a wholesaler who sells on DH Gate and AliExpress close to me. The products are items I was not that familiar with but the hassle and challenge is something I look forward to. I just was at the location on Thursday and purchased a nice van load of a variety of those items and so far have done a tremendous business with the products and I will need to head back within the next couple of days to purchase more of certain items that sold out for me in 3 days.

So yes, the hassle is well worth it.

1. Money
2. Becoming successful at something new and rewarding.
3. Beating pp and eb who has screwed me over more then once and about cost me my house for their wrongful ways.
4. Helping others who are willing to learn and give back. I might need their help someday.
5. Always willing an ready to find a new product and see how I can turn it over for a few bucks.
6. I love to win, I hate to lose and I will never stop trying.

I have some goals in mind.

To become as successful as some of the vets here and be able to grow into a massive home operated business. ( I used to think selling 30-40k in antiques a year part time was huge )

One of the products I found at the local wholesaler for less then 2.00 sells into the thousands of items per week ( over and over and over again according to Terapeak and watching them ) by a few large sellers who sell the items for around the 10-12 range. I started selling them for 8.99 and sold out of two cases in less then 2 days.

Turning a nice profit doing the BluntzCASH method of having a <13 oz product to just stick into a bubble mailer. :D

Learn about Amazon and start selling on it.

The hassle is well worth it and I encourage anyone who feels like they just dont get it or do not want to spend the countless hours of learning to stick with it. It will pay off if you spend the time and put out the effort.

Once you learn the ropes and are willing to keep learning the only hassle is how you are going to spend or save your money.

EFFORT is the key word here.

If the effort is a hassle then you need to mow lawns, wash windows or do something else.

Just my 0.99 cents worth!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Callidus (09-21-2012), choice (10-24-2011), Global (09-21-2012), Gman91189 (10-24-2011), GrannyT (10-24-2011), GreenBean (10-24-2011), Imakemoney (11-15-2011), jbluntz (10-24-2011), jnveed (10-24-2011), sacka_man (10-27-2011), stevebills (10-24-2011), Stigger (10-24-2011), SUVE (11-19-2011), wonderwoman901 (11-04-2011)
Old 10-24-2011

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

Sandy couldn't have said it better...
I was working part time at what is considered one of the worst jobs people can think of...and many wouldn't even do...my first week I started selling on ebay I made over 3k and at the time when I was barely able to live. 3k was like winning the lottery..now 3k a week is like the bare minimum I make a wk
I since the quit my job debt free and looking to buy a house from Jbluntz:D still have that house available blunts?:D

Is is worth the hassle? Absodefinitivelyutely!
Looking also to one day even open up a own store front
All this happens with research and hard work
And of course sacrifice
if I have to do it all over only thing I would change is starting stealth when I was 9
The Following User Says Thank You to Gman91189 For This Useful Post:
jbluntz (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Thanks Gman.

You have done well. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes of course the world is in recession all over.
But go on Ebay and be rich.
come on its a hassle and you looking behind ya all the while just for a few quid.
Yes the chase is fun, but let the vat man do that not some jumped up internet site.
You can not get rich from ebay end of story.
If you make a quid or 2 bang your gone.
Please dont come back with "i have blah blah blah"
you might scrape a wee living but not much.
Open for debate yes.
But let me ask this about you all who say "IM DOING GREAT FROM EBAY"
what are you selling????? rocking horse ****e.
Oh and yes you are all from US!!! erm...................
A bit extra as a side line maybe but................

Last edited by sammybabe; 10-25-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 74%

Some great posts on here its a really nice thread and inspires people to do well. Keep the stories coming guys.

I work my ebay account while working a full time job. I got into starting to sell on ebay due to my wife going on to maternity and the money she gets off her company just isnt enough. Im still trying to find my "niche" but the stuff i sell gets me selling just nicely for now. I would love to have a business of my own so i no longer had to work for someone else and just work for myself. I guess that is my dream. Its hard work but im sure with my research i will finally get there.

These forums are great i havent been fully suspended on my account but thanks to the help i have had either directly from my posts on here or from just reading the wealth of information there is available here i dont think i will just yet and i now have more than one account incase anything goes bad. I have a few ideas in the pipe works so ill keep aiming for the stars

Keep the great storys coming in. Great thread to start to the original poster
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
Gave up on ebay after I came across amazon. My items sell for a lot more there and the sales are awesome. More than a year now of selling without any issues with amazon. Dont have to worry about limitation or any of that stuff. Its a relief.
Funny you mention. For me it is the opposite feeling. On Ebay I can clearly see my selling limit, on Amazon who knows when I will pass that magical threshold.

Sales are great but fees on Amazon are murderous.
Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 84%

I like to compare selling on ebay to daytrading but better, great source of income if you have the right business skills,

it's all in the numbers, whether you make $500 or $20,000 or more per account doesn't really matter, it's all coming out through paypal one way or another when one goes down another one goes up,

with some good math, risk management and product research skills you can do way better than any daytrader on ebay.

Amazon might give a higher selling price but funds are alot more easily accessible with paypal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (09-12-2015), Gman91189 (10-29-2011), SUVE (02-05-2012), wonderwoman901 (11-04-2011)
Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boszika View Post
Funny you mention. For me it is the opposite feeling. On Ebay I can clearly see my selling limit, on Amazon who knows when I will pass that magical threshold.

Sales are great but fees on Amazon are murderous.

For me Ebay + Paypal fees are around 14% for the items I'm selling, and Amazon is only 8%.