ebay returns policy & stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default ebay returns policy & stealth accounts

I had a question by a potential buyer about an item, they were asking if the item was made by a certain company, I said the item was not made by the company but it is an exact replication, same size same materials same functions. So the buyer bought and had the item delivered, they are now saying they want to return for a refund as they have decided the item is not as I stated it to be, I said I dont do refunds and asked how they know its not the same, they said the colour was slightly different (makes no odds, this material can be produced in any colour) and have now opened a dispute type thing stating they want a refund, ive now noticed the sell page is auto 'returns accepted' so ive changed all my listings.
I get the option to accept the return or not accept, this says if I dont accept the return the seller is entitled to open a 'not as described' claim

As much as I want to say no refund im thinking its not worth the hassle, to just refund and move on, but its a stealth account and the address is obviously different. If I give them my address to return to this is logged with ebay under another account, I also wrote this as the return address on the package in case it gets lost in post.

What should I do for an easy escape please?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Let the buyer return it for a refund. It's less hassle in the long run and also the right thing to do.

You can state all you want about "no returns" on your listings but a determined buyer will always get their way and you will risk low dsrs, negative feedback and possible suspension.

Fairness etc does not come into it. It's a buyer's market and you have to accept this to survive long term on ebay.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 11-20-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks, any advice on the address part? Should I use a different address again, ie different to the stealth address which is logged in paypal/ebay and different to my own address which is on the back of the package?
I dont know what to do here and I expect paypal will push the buyer to return to the logged paypal address
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Just ask them to return it to the address you give them. Spin them a line about you staying with a sick relative and the refund can be resolved quicker if it is sent to you there.

If they refuse, let them keep the item. Put it down to experience and adjust your business plan so that you have access to your stealth address.
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

One thing you must learn is to ACCEPT all refunds. No matter what the reason is. They can even say their dog does not like the printer you sold them. You still should refund the money if they want to return it. Its the way eb*y works. If you refuse refunds expect disputes opened and negative feedback. Been down this road before.

Sometimes you may get away with refusing a refund. But you must have the ability to read people. Kind of hard over messages but it is possible. I have done this before and refused refunds and it worked out. But you cannot do this to any person. Learn to read what they mean by their messages, what their age is, what their attitude, how credible they are and the list goes on for years. Then you choose weather to accept or refuse refund. You only come across something like this once in every while so its best to accept refunds.

Took a class on people and messages in college last semester. Taught me a lot. You can find out A LOT about a person by just analyzing them.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoopHole For This Useful Post:
Tima (05-31-2013)
Old 11-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice. I have told the buyer I will have the shipping company email them in the morning with a return address (next working day) as I dont deal with items from home
Old 11-20-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Everytime you need to return something to your real address just email them with an explanation that you need it returned to the business address. You can grab their email in the paypal transaction email or ebay information page by requesting it in the advance tab.

Sometimes you get a sucker ebay buyer that wants the address documented in the ebay dispute and here is where you have to get aggressive or just risk it if the item returning is worth it.
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 73%

its funny that ebay now requires a return policy but does not enforce it at all. i dont even waste my time typing, them i just put not accepted and then wait for the complaints.
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post
its funny that ebay now requires a return policy but does not enforce it at all. i dont even waste my time typing, them i just put not accepted and then wait for the complaints.
They don't enforce it because they don't need too. They know you will learn to accept all returns sooner or later.