Missing 70+ packages! Screwed By USPS, Now losing $1,000 and my items! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-15-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
I wonder if the post office spies are on this forum?
That is the last thing i would be worrying about. Were not really doing anything bad to them. If anything WE are the people who allow them to have their jobs still. Without us the post office will go bankrupt for sure.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2012
Banned

Longevity: 85%

lol i know i'm just saying if they knew people mailed packages with stealth addresses so they can make them MIA ....... anyways good luck to you shoot I hope this is just a mistake and they figure it out for you for the better....
Old 01-15-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
That is the last thing i would be worrying about. Were not really doing anything bad to them. If anything WE are the people who allow them to have their jobs still. Without us the post office will go bankrupt for sure.
Without getting political its because of the unions. They are overpaid and under worked and move like snails. They dont care if they do their job correctly because they know the union will always back up an employee who either screws up or cannot do the job.

The driver who picks up my packages takes forever to get the packages off the porch, like a snail it takes them 15-20 minutes to pick up 100 or so boxes and scan them on the edge of the truck.
Old 01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Without getting political its because of the unions. They are overpaid and under worked and move like snails. They dont care if they do their job correctly because they know the union will always back up an employee who either screws up or cannot do the job.

The driver who picks up my packages takes forever to get the packages off the porch, like a snail it takes them 15-20 minutes to pick up 100 or so boxes and scan them on the edge of the truck.
This i do have to agree with. But this is not with every worker. That is why I always try to get to know and build some type of a relationship with the people i work with. My mailman for example.... one of the coolest, down to earth people i have ever met. Hates his job but always has a smile on his face and jokes like no other. As he finishes delivering the mail he always knocks on my door and picks up my packages for free and takes them to the post office for me.
Old 01-16-2012

Longevity: 71%

Don't use media mail i had a few packages lost...since i use Priority Mail everything works out ok
Old 01-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post

One of the too many 1-star reviews of a postal office, check it out:

Quote:
I didnt think this was possible....They are worse!
AFTER WAITING FOR 30 MINUTES IN A LINE FOR 1 LAZY CLERK WITH ONLY ONE WINDOW OPEN AND 5 CLERKS CHATTING IN THE BACK, AFTER ASKING FOR A SINGLE STAMPED ENVELOPE...SHE SAID SHE DIDNT KNOW WHERE THEY WERE AND WENT LOOKING FOR 5 MINUTES...SHE RETURNED WITH A STAMP AND TOLD ME SHE COULDNT FIND AN ENVELOPE...SHE THEN DROPPED THE STAMP ON THE FLOOR AND WAS SO OBESE, SHE COULD NOT BEND OVER TO PICK IT UP...AFTER FAILLING ATTEMPTS TO RETRIEVE THE STAMP FROM THE FLOOR AT HER FEET, SHE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "I AM OUT OF STAMPS, GET EM FROM THE MACHINE!!!!"WHY IS THIS PLACE ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN???? yelp should give us a rating BELOW one star... This place should be given the worst possible marks.
Old 02-07-2012

Longevity: 74%

~one lost package every week! Post Office will send you papers that package was lost if you really push them.
Old 02-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

So what happened to the packages? did you get any response about them from the USPS.?

IF you took them to the counter and they stuck them in their bins(usually behind them) then either they have many more with the same issue and know about the problem or you weighed them light and they are sitting awaiting you to get them. Then they can hound you when you pick them up.

They dont just let pkgs sit around in the Post office for very long. They are not allowed to keep ANY What they call "stale" pkgs. that is one of the biggest rules they enforce. If they are sitting then they are sitting awaiting either search in the postal inspection area (not likely with that many)or you to pick them up due to insufficient or stale(out of date) postage.

They use the word stale a lot at the PO. Just a name for out of date postage or pkg not moving(due to out of place or non legible label, etc).
Old 02-07-2012

Longevity: 79%

Thieves! I hope there tracked bro, thats a crazy amount to go missing and not only that it could certainly ruin your eBay account if you get negatives, hope everything works our for you let us know!
Old 02-08-2012

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
So what happened to the packages? did you get any response about them from the USPS.?

IF you took them to the counter and they stuck them in their bins(usually behind them) then either they have many more with the same issue and know about the problem or you weighed them light and they are sitting awaiting you to get them. Then they can hound you when you pick them up.

They dont just let pkgs sit around in the Post office for very long. They are not allowed to keep ANY What they call "stale" pkgs. that is one of the biggest rules they enforce. If they are sitting then they are sitting awaiting either search in the postal inspection area (not likely with that many)or you to pick them up due to insufficient or stale(out of date) postage.

They use the word stale a lot at the PO. Just a name for out of date postage or pkg not moving(due to out of place or non legible label, etc).

I have had this happen before with weigh and out dated package. They always shipped it back to the shipped from address though. Once i had a huge bag of them delivered back because postage was labeled as the day before. Yesterday, I got one because of the weigh problem. I labeled it as 6 ounces and they scale showed 6.24 ounces and they want me to pay for 7 ounces lol
Old 02-09-2012

There is a tracer form you can fill out. It is a 3-layered sheet of paper which asks you to write down what the parcel looks like, how it was packaged, the approximate size, where it was going, the return address, etc.

The post office then sends this tracer form through the system in the same way the package would have gone to its destination. At every stop the Post Office employees are supposed to read the description and then check the description of the item against their packages that have been damaged, ,are not readable, have been sitting in a corner somewhere, etc. The form makes it way through the system to the intended recipient and if they dont get their package they can see that you tried.

I've done this 3 times for lost packages. It worked once.
Old 02-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,948 Times in 8,239 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

What ever happened to your affair shoot2sh*t? Haven't seen a follow-up post.