Limited after 8 years - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Limited after 8 years

Hi,
this is the beginning of the email I received from PP:
"We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales / offers on....
Please refer to:
- Transaction xxxx from March 04, 2012 for the amount of xxx

----"Under the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of
any jurisdiction. This includes transactions for counterfeit items or
unauthorized replicas or copies of items"

I have been selling V@r0 stuff for more that 8 years with the same account, never had a single problem with pp and now they based they decision on one single transaction.

my question is this:
How did they know that the product was a ve,ro ?
do you think they could pass all my details some lawyer or similar?
In other words, do I need to expect someone to knock my door?

Thank you for your advise
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2012

Longevity: 73%

its kind of ironic actually. ebay has all the vero cops out in force, yet paypal is usually the ones to limit you due to what you sell first in my experience. ive had to abandon several good ebay accounts because the paypals were nuked due to the items i sell
Old 03-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound73 View Post
Hi,
this is the beginning of the email I received from PP:
"We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales / offers on....
Please refer to:
- Transaction xxxx from March 04, 2012 for the amount of xxx

----"Under the Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of
any jurisdiction. This includes transactions for counterfeit items or
unauthorized replicas or copies of items"

I have been selling V@r0 stuff for more that 8 years with the same account, never had a single problem with pp and now they based they decision on one single transaction.

my question is this:
How did they know that the product was a ve,ro ?
do you think they could pass all my details some lawyer or similar?
In other words, do I need to expect someone to knock my door?

Thank you for your advise
Similar thing happened to me last year on account of the same age. My item was not v*ro but according to p/p they had a complaint from a buyer that the item was not genuine (bullsh*t) and therefore shut me down.

In my opinion there is a systematic policy in place at both e/b and p/p to weed out small to medium sized sellers with whatever spurious reason they can concoct as part of their obvious plans to become an online outlet mall for large retailers.

No, they will not pass your details on. As far as they are concerned your history.

Go stealth. Good luck

Last edited by NoneOther; 03-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
degsey69 (03-10-2012)
Old 03-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Often, it is not based on a SINGLE complaint. PayPal probably wouldn't shut down an 8 year seller over one complaint. Odds are, people have complained before. PayPal will not always notify you of the complaints. It sounds to me like this last complaint, the one cited in their letter, was the last straw for them. They looked at your history and what was being sold, and decided to cut ties.

Stealth is the answer, but you should understand that newer accounts receive more scrutiny than older accounts. You may not find it so easy to sell VERO on a new account.
Old 03-10-2012

Got the exact same message mate, also had an account for about 10 years, 1 item was also referenced. Also the date of mine was around the same as yours, in March. Totally shocked me, had an excellent standing for 10 years with NO chargebacks, no one complained to me directly, then one item is referenced and I am kicked off for AUP. G-U-T-T-E-D is how I felt and still feel.

Do you think it is worth appealing anyway ? I have always wondered whether to or not, perhaps there is hope.

Last edited by MeToYou; 03-10-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeToYou View Post
Got the exact same message mate, also had an account for about 10 years, 1 item was also referenced. Also the date of mine was around the same as yours, in March. Totally shocked me, had an excellent standing for 10 years with NO chargebacks, no one complained to me directly, then one item is referenced and I am kicked off for AUP. G-U-T-T-E-D is how I felt and still feel.

Do you think it is worth appealing anyway ? I have always wondered whether to or not, perhaps there is hope.
Others may have a different opinion, but I think it *IS* worth trying to save a 10 year old account, even if the chances are success are not the greatest. Except for a little bit of your time, you have nothing to lose.

eBay is known for this. New accounts are more often shut down, of course, but older accounts get shut down too. In this case, I think they may have had other complaints or else SUSPECTED you were selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and used the one latest complaint as an excuse to close the account.
Old 03-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

There are these ugly bored women scouts on eBay who seriously get off on checking the photos of listings and then sending them to an EBay "authenticators" who then ultimately decide based on the pictures, feedback and listing info weather or not your item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

You won't always get notified about items that have been checked for authenticity , but if it happens enough they will screw you.

I'm seriously not joking about these women yeh.. Some of them are just down right bitc*es!!!
Old 03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzgr3k0 View Post
There are these ugly bored women scouts on eBay who seriously get off on checking the photos of listings and then sending them to an EBay "authenticators" who then ultimately decide based on the pictures, feedback and listing info weather or not your item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

You won't always get notified about items that have been checked for authenticity , but if it happens enough they will screw you.

I'm seriously not joking about these women yeh.. Some of them are just down right bitc*es!!!
Yeah, I remember I saw a post once on a forum where people were proud to be reporting items, sharing the AUP address for PP and such like (saying that will hurt the seller more), items that have nothing to do with them and that they don't intend to buy, and I am not even talking about ones where people are duped, but those where the person knows what they will be paying for and getting. Some do-gooder was telling these snitches all the email addresses that can be used and how to report. They must spend their days doing this, talk about pathetic.
Old 03-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Bored housewives ..
Honestly get a life!
I don't know what your selling but if you join the authentication website for your category it'll give you abit more insight into what they actually do.
Old 03-14-2012

Longevity: 73%

Did they warn you? Like did they give you violations during that same month?

Or did they just randomly suspend you without warning you prior hand?
Old 03-14-2012

Longevity: 76%

Thats a bummer. Good luck with stealth bro
Old 03-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

All it takes is one complaint for manual review. The review showed all you dealings the last 8 years and you have been instantly banned... Pretty much how it works. You escaped the boots for a long time. But couldnt escape the eyes of a human.
Old 03-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Manual review is rough.