Major Paypal Issue - - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-16-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Major Paypal Issue -

Right,

In a last-ditch attempt to get past paypal i've been recommended to post on this forum...apparently you guys know what you're doing when it comes to getting around paypal. This is quite a difficult problem though so i'll start from the beginning.

1. Opened an Ebay account and paypal account and started trading. All great. £5,000 approx goes through the account in a few months - no issues, withdrawls of lots of £500, all good.

2. Go on holiday for two weeks and leave an employee in charge of my paypal account and ebay account. He ignores the customer emails coming in and when i get back from holiday i have 16 "where are my item?" emails and 16 new cases in the resolution centre (8 on ebay, 8 on paypal).

3. Paypal limit my account due to awful customer feedback/selling standards. They ask me for proof of ID...which i naively send in (passport, gas bills, etc etc).

4. I go through a long appeal process writing a ten page email to them explaining my idiot employees actions and showing them the thousands of decent and happy customers i have....no interest and the permanently freeze m account.

5. I appeal again, speaking to the executive escalations but they just don't give a.....and i'm told i get no money for 180 days.

6. Now i run a business andit's my 100% source of income....frustrated and having lost over a months earning i open up a new paypal account.

7. I use.

- open a new bank account so i have a new card, sort code, account number.
- open it from a web cafe so the ip address is different to my house
- use my parents home address so it's different to the first one
- new gmail account
- buy a new sim card and phone so it's different
- open a new ebay account with new details aswell

THE ONLY SAME THING IS MY SURNAME IN ALL OF THE ABOVE.

I change one letter of my FORENAME (in paypal when adding a bank card or account number you can't change the surname but you can the FORNAME)

- I verify the paypal account and all is fine it seems, the verification happens and all seems to go through okay without any problems.

8. I trade a bit on paypal and then suddenly....after two days...bang...I'm limited again on paypal.

9. Thinking of things that could have gone wrong:

- I made sure never to access paypal from my home router, always the webcafe...i was disciplined about this.
- I did however log in to Ebay using Google Chrome Incognito
- I logged into my gmail account alot to see what was going on in paypal etc but never clicked paypal links etc.
- When i was paying for things with paypal (e.g. booking things into couriers) i did do this via my home router (when i chose the "pay with paypal" option i did end up logging into paypal but through the courier site...well...having to enter my the password obviously). Would Paypal be able to check this?

10. I realy need to sort this out. I'm thinking of chaning my surname on my bank account.

11. Lastly. I have

-one more bank account that paypal don't know about or hold details for (registered in my name though....DO PAYPAL KNOW MY NAME and will they be scanning for all matching surnames?)
-one more address (my parents are divorced)

Questions:
- can paypal or ebay see the interaction between my gmail address and twitter/facebook etc?
- do you think it was my surname that did it?
- do you think it was the logging into paypal via the courier site that did it (could they see my ip)?

I'd really appreciate your help guys...seriously.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2012

Interesting I'm sure u will get instructed .......welcome to the forum
Old 05-16-2012

Longevity: 80%

If your serious about selling on eBay, you need to buy the stealth guide, have a read through, and also browse the subscribers areas of the forum too.

You'll be up and running in no time, running multiple accounts.

You'll learn many things, such as using a internet cafe's internet is a no no, especially on an account you want to last!

Good luck
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

all of my money is currently tied up in paypal hence the urgency of this situation....
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Unfortunately stealth cannot be rushed. If this is all new to you then you need to take time to read the stealth guide and fully understand the principles of it before doing anything.

After that you need to research this forum to formulate an action plan and then post your ideas for others to comment.

It will take time and effort to get back to where you were on e/b but it can be done but DO NOT RUSH IT because you will come unstuck.

Good luck
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum. My first sight:

open it from a web cafe so the ip address is different to my house

This is the most logical reason on why you got limited - the ip address has prob been BURNED by other people. The account is done.

Time to redo stealth - get your own dynamic IP. All the best.

/quote

all of my money is currently tied up in paypal hence the urgency of this situation....

I feel your pain but NEVER let this happen again.
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Firstly, Welcome to the forum

You said you read your emails at home, even if you do not click links in the
email, pay pal use tracking when you display the images in emails, so you have to disable that.

Also logging in to paypal to pay for courier etc.. from your home pc (where you were suspended from), is also what got you limited.

If you spend some time searching the forums, I am sure you will find all the answers you are looking for
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Questions:
- can paypal or ebay see the interaction between my gmail address and twitter/facebook etc? No
- do you think it was my surname that did it? Doubtful
- do you think it was the logging into paypal via the courier site that did it (could they see my ip)? Oh ya, this definitely got you.

You'll need to take a deep breath (or five), buy the Stealth Book, browse around, then work out your plan of attack.

Good luck.
Old 05-16-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by London1234 View Post
open it from a web cafe so the ip address is different to my house

theres your problem IMHO
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Major Paypal issue and NEW STEALTH....checking with the "hall of legends"

Morning Everyone - this is a response Thank you very much for your reply yesterday. I've had a think about it and i think it also might have been the fact that i would log into say 5 of my gmail accounts simultaneously in google chrome (you, know....where you can open multiple accounts in one browser) and 4 were all old email address that had been limited, (i wanted to see if people were still emailing any of my old paypal accounts). In my active paypal account i would then click "view images/always display images from this source" and i'd often just click the "respond" buttons when ebay emailed me saying i had a message....would this have helped.

I also would sign in and out of ebay (from limited to unlimited account from the same ip address) in the same browser (when i wanted to copy text from my old adverts to my new ones).

I've had a digest and have set up a new stealth account.

1. Using Firfox on max security (no history, no cookies, nothing saved, browsing in private mode) - is this better? Before i was using gmail incognito but still had problems and i heard chrome was bad?

2. New address (next doors) and postcode

3. New bank account (however the name on the account is real obviously as this needed a passport etc to set up - the address it's registered to though has been changed to my stealth add (above) Now am i right in thinking when i use this account for paypal to deposit two small payments into it doesn't matter if my PAYPAL SURNAME doesn't match the surname on my BANK - the bank is just going to note the sort code/account number, yes?

4. I bought a new sim card and now have a new phone number.

5. I set up and ENTROPAY account so that when i come to adding a card to paypal or ebay i will use my VCC (to pay fees etc) - rather than the card that is issued from the bank account i used to verify paypal with (because otherwise the names won't match right). ?

6. I've set up a new windows user on my gfs laptop, and only log into ebay and paypal and gmail from hers, making sure that each time i do this i reset my router, so as to make sure that if i've been looking at any other gmail accounts/old limited accounts on ebay/paypal they are not picked up. I also only look at limited account emails/paypal from my laptop as i could have flash cookies that i can't get rid of etc on it. (Hence using hers for stealth)

I'm waiting for the deposits now and just hoping that i don't have any issues with the surname on paypal vs surname on my bank account thing...

Lastly, can ebay scan for similar advertising text....i mean if i just copy the text from my old limited accounts to my new stealth adverts...can they pick up on this and limit me?

Cheers everyone -
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Morning Everyone - this is a response Thank you very much for your reply yesterday. I've had a think about it and i think it also might have been the fact that i would log into say 5 of my gmail accounts simultaneously in google chrome (you, know....where you can open multiple accounts in one browser) and 4 were all old email address that had been limited, (i wanted to see if people were still emailing any of my old paypal accounts). In my active paypal account i would then click "view images/always display images from this source" and i'd often just click the "respond" buttons when ebay emailed me saying i had a message....would this have helped.

I also would sign in and out of ebay (from limited to unlimited account from the same ip address) in the same browser (when i wanted to copy text from my old adverts to my new ones).

I've had a digest and have set up a new stealth account.

1. Using Firfox on max security (no history, no cookies, nothing saved, browsing in private mode) - is this better? Before i was using gmail incognito but still had problems and i heard chrome was bad?

2. New address (next doors) and postcode

3. New bank account (however the name on the account is real obviously as this needed a passport etc to set up - the address it's registered to though has been changed to my stealth add (above) Now am i right in thinking when i use this account for paypal to deposit two small payments into it doesn't matter if my PAYPAL SURNAME doesn't match the surname on my BANK - the bank is just going to note the sort code/account number, yes?

4. I bought a new sim card and now have a new phone number.

5. I set up and ENTROPAY account so that when i come to adding a card to paypal or ebay i will use my VCC (to pay fees etc) - rather than the card that is issued from the bank account i used to verify paypal with (because otherwise the names won't match right). ?

6. I've set up a new windows user on my gfs laptop, and only log into ebay and paypal and gmail from hers, making sure that each time i do this i reset my router, so as to make sure that if i've been looking at any other gmail accounts/old limited accounts on ebay/paypal they are not picked up. I also only look at limited account emails/paypal from my laptop as i could have flash cookies that i can't get rid of etc on it. (Hence using hers for stealth)

I'm waiting for the deposits now and just hoping that i don't have any issues with the surname on paypal vs surname on my bank account thing...

Lastly, can ebay scan for similar advertising text....i mean if i just copy the text from my old limited accounts to my new stealth adverts...can they pick up on this and limit me?

Cheers everyone -
Sounds about right
Only thing is i wouldn't do the last thing you mentioned... And i wouldnt start trading straight away.
If you can, just buy a few things and then let a few weeks go past and then you can start selling
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Sorry forgot to ask, what bank are you banking with?

And entropay is fine for stealth, so dont worry about the names not matching
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Thank you Bunneh,

I'm banking with NATWEST - I called them this morning to ask if they saw any direct debits linked to the account and they said yes - from paypal UK. I asked if all had gone through okay and that i was phoning to check that before i made a purchase they had updated my address on their end....which they had done. Aside from that they said, quote: "from our end everything is fine, as long as paypal are okay then all is ready to go, yes". I only set up stealth yesterday and so i'm now waiting on the two small deposits....fingers crossed...

Am I also right (from reading around) in thinking that it's best to get paypal set up before i even think about ebay...I haven't even started that bit yet.

Sorry to be a pain but a couple of other things i've thought about (stealth really does get you thinking from literally from all angles):

Q1. (and you might have answered this already with yout quote: "And entropay is fine for stealth, so dont worry about the names not matching")

Assuming the deposits go through. Is it best to add entropay to my EBAY account or my paypal account. If i remember correctly, when i sign up to ebay they'll ask "how do you want to pay your fees?". What i can't remember is whether you need to add a card there and then or if there is an option to just say...."with paypal".....and then link one's account there and then? Any thoughts?

Q2. In regards to gmail accounts. I have about 4 (limited ones) + my new stealth one (clean and with currently no links to any limited gmail accounts). If i want to view them all is it dangerous to open multiple gmail tabs in firefox (on max protection)? In the past, one of my errors was "always displaying images from here" and clicking links from multiple gmail's to ebay/paypal etc. Basically, if i want to view my other gmails...is resetting the router (to get a new ip) each time i switch between stealth and "old limited gmails" a bit anal....or wise?
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yes make sure to check your bank. Looks good - all the best.
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you Bunneh,

I'm banking with NATWEST - I called them this morning to ask if they saw any direct debits linked to the account and they said yes - from paypal UK. I asked if all had gone through okay and that i was phoning to check that before i made a purchase they had updated my address on their end....which they had done. Aside from that they said, quote: "from our end everything is fine, as long as paypal are okay then all is ready to go, yes". I only set up stealth yesterday and so i'm now waiting on the two small deposits....fingers crossed...

Am I also right (from reading around) in thinking that it's best to get paypal set up before i even think about ebay...I haven't even started that bit yet.

Sorry to be a pain but a couple of other things i've thought about (stealth really does get you thinking from literally from all angles):

Q1. (and you might have answered this already with yout quote: "And entropay is fine for stealth, so dont worry about the names not matching")

Assuming the deposits go through. Is it best to add entropay to my EBAY account or my paypal account. If i remember correctly, when i sign up to ebay they'll ask "how do you want to pay your fees?". What i can't remember is whether you need to add a card there and then or if there is an option to just say...."with paypal".....and then link one's account there and then? Any thoughts?

Q2. In regards to gmail accounts. I have about 4 (limited ones) + my new stealth one (clean and with currently no links to any limited gmail accounts). If i want to view them all is it dangerous to open multiple gmail tabs in firefox (on max protection)? In the past, one of my errors was "always displaying images from here" and clicking links from multiple gmail's to ebay/paypal etc. Basically, if i want to view my other gmails...is resetting the router (to get a new ip) each time i switch between stealth and "old limited gmails" a bit anal....or wise?
You can add your Entropay card to BOTH your Ebay & Paypal Account.
You just cant use the same card on another paypal or ebay account.
Entropay doesnt share information with paypal so your name on the card is secret, thats why it is good with stealth
And as far as i know NAT WEST is the same, since i use nat west myself and
they dont share information with paypal either.

I am always cautious to open my emails on my suspended connection, so i always only read my email on the correct user account that its registered on ebay with. As i have been suspended in the past by reading just one damn paypal email LOL

When you are up and running on this account, You should start making more ebay accounts/ paypal, so that if this one falls down, you atleast have a backup. Just DONT link more than one ebay account to a paypal account, otherwise if that one goes down, its likely that the others linked to it will go down as well.
It also helps with the paypal 21day holds they do... Those are frustrating at the best of times.

Last edited by Bunneh; 05-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

(side point)

Amazing - thanks Bunny. God my clients are so demanding. One lady wants to pay for her items now but the bank verification isn't yet confirmed. If she pays my paypal now is that an issue do you think? Nothing to do with ebay - if i just get her to pay me/or if i send her an invoice and she pays now....before it's verified. Only for £103.00
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Is this a off ebay transaction on an unverified account?

Have you considered the possibility even that might cause a limitation
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Too much of a hurry.
Old 05-17-2012

Longevity: 76%

Hmm - you need to slow down a bit young Jedi - I'll come back to this later but provided you stop jumping up and down trying to do everything yesterday you will be fine - just slow down!!!
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

point taken...i'll try and get her to pay our bank account...hahaha....although very unlikely obviously haha

But yes, i think i deserved that...haha :-)
Old 05-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Only thing 'haha' is going to get you is limited or suspended again.

There's flaws in your exuberance.

Why are you using an address right by a suspended address?
Have you permission for that?

'If' you sell again (& obviously hope you do) you have to 'look' like a new person.

I dot need to hear money's tight, times are hard....
the card you will get will be the bye bye from ebay/paypal.

Heed the advice. Slow down.
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

totally understood - realised that the second i'd actually written it. Apologies.

Yes I have permission to use next doors....i checked it out with them (good friends...).

I'm equally a bit worried about that....i have a different name, and everything else is stealth.....i'm just worried yes about the whole "next door" thing as well.