Terrible mistake costs me bucks or negative feedback just not sure yet! :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Unhappy Terrible mistake costs me bucks or negative feedback just not sure yet! :(

Greetings Aspkiners,
So today, I was revising my listings prices and for one item which I was revising the price to $52 + free shipping, accidently I changed it to $5 + Free shipping!

I then went fruit shopping, I bought 8 water melons because they were very cheap on some sort of promotion. Now the problem is, 2 hours later when I returned home..very happy.. I bought cheap water melons.

oh and I was double happy because today eBay raised my selling allowances to 800 items per month from 200 items.

Then I saw my sales and was really happy I got like 7 more sales.

To knock out all my excitement ..

7 people had bought my items

I immediately sent them messages admitting my mistake and that I could sell them at my break even price which is $30 or so. One guy told me to cancel the transaction others haven't replied. Could anyone tell me if they can leave me a negative feedback if I cancelled the transaction and they accepted.

I really want nothing to go wrong because I have really built this account with care, it's on my real info and I have really taken care of it and its clean and 100% positive feedback

Someone give me some guidance in this situation and if you have had any similar experiences please post below to let me know what to do next.

I guess for those who don't agree, I'll just ship the item to save the account... My water melon savings gone down the drain!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Got a reply from one member, he said he is not going to cancel the transaction, if I try to do so he will be leaving me a negative feedback.

He bought 2 items from me.
Old 05-28-2012
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosoft View Post
Could anyone tell me if they can leave me a negative feedback if I cancelled the transaction and they accepted.
That question is the easy one to answer. Yes, feedback can be left on canceled transactions.

Bad situation, but things do happen. I have heard a lot lot worse here on the forum.

Regarding the idiot with the 2 orders: I think a phone call would be in order, talk to him about a compromise with completing 1 of the 2 transactions for $5. and canceling the other. At least that's what I would do.

It looks like you can get out of this whole mess for less than $200. and still keep the account in Perfect Standing.
Old 05-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
That question is the easy one to answer. Yes, feedback can be left on canceled transactions.

Bad situation, but things do happen. I have heard a lot lot worse here on the forum.

Regarding the idiot with the 2 orders: I think a phone call would be in order, talk to him about a compromise with completing 1 of the 2 transactions for $5. and canceling the other. At least that's what I would do.

It looks like you can get out of this whole mess for less than $200. and still keep the account in Perfect Standing.

All the customers asked me to cancel the transaction, just one customer with 2-item purchases ( he is from Britain ) has not agreed to it. I guess, I'll just ship the items.

Not going to risk a negative feedback by calling him, just will be happy with a loss of $50 or so.
Old 05-28-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Look to the bright side, the water melons, I am a big fan

Well, for the 2 items, I think you should accept the loss and send him the products, instead of losing the account, we all do mistakes, be careful next time
Old 05-28-2012
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
One guy told me to cancel the transaction others haven't replied.
Quote:
All the customers asked me to cancel the transaction.
Sounds conflicting? Others haven't replied - to - All the customers asked me to cancel.
Old 05-28-2012
Threadstarter  

'All the customers asked me to cancel the transaction, just one customer with 2-item purchases'

Maybe I meant all the customers except one have agreed to it.
Old 05-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
Sounds conflicting? Others haven't replied - to - All the customers asked me to cancel.

When I started the post others hadn't replied but during posting my other message, people had sent me a message stating that they are comfortable with a cancellation.
Old 05-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Got a reply from one member, he said he is not going to cancel the transaction, if I try to do so he will be leaving me a negative feedback.

He bought 2 items from me.
Ive been told be ebay that if a buyer threatens to leave negative feedback before doing it to taunt you, you can have it removed.

So i wouldn't worry about him
Old 05-28-2012
Threadstarter  

I have called eBay earlier on several occassions to get a negative feedback cancelled and they never did. Not sure if they will on this one, I don't want to risk it. What I decided to do is to surrender to him and send him the two items with DHL instead of cheaper service and in gift packaging, maybe he will feel ashamed later - If i bought a $20,000 worth item for $2,000 by chance and the seller told me it was a mistake, i would cancel the transaction right away because its just ethically wrong to receive an item by threatening, its as good as stealing!
Old 05-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I have called eBay earlier on several occassions to get a negative feedback cancelled and they never did. Not sure if they will on this one, I don't want to risk it. What I decided to do is to surrender to him and send him the two items with DHL instead of cheaper service and in gift packaging, maybe he will feel ashamed later - If i bought a $20,000 worth item for $2,000 by chance and the seller told me it was a mistake, i would cancel the transaction right away because its just ethically wrong to receive an item by threatening, its as good as stealing!

@GrannyT - No, he didn't cancel and he sent another email saying ' Make sure you send the correct item '
I know ebay hardly ever budge when you want feedback removed, but i know that you will get it removed if the buyer threatens you with negative feedback.
They not allowed to do that.
Personally i would always ask ebay if i know i am not in the wrong and receive bad feedback, you never know what will happen :D
Old 05-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Stand back & look at the situation now.

You dont have a negative yet.

One whinging Brit will not co-operate.
The others are going along with your request.

Deal with him. Ship what he brought. Be gracious.
It balances out.

Be more attentive next time when you edit.
Old 05-28-2012

Longevity: 76%

it is very easy to get negative feedback remove, i done it 2-3 times already, as long as you did communicate with the buyer and you able to show e-bay you did try to sort the problem. you can request feedback removed, i didn't call. i search in customer support and there is a link for it.
Old 05-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

It's always those whining Brits who cause all of life's problems.
Old 05-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Stand back & look at the situation now.

You dont have a negative yet.

One whinging Brit will not co-operate.
The others are going along with your request.

Deal with him. Ship what he brought. Be gracious.
It balances out.

Be more attentive next time when you edit.
Will be more careful next time and will post the outcome of this whole case..