Suspended :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Suspended :(

I'll make it as short as possible

Quote:
Hello ***

Your account has been suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members and the eBay community.

Due to the suspension, you won't be able to use your eBay account in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay
Then after whining on chat I receive this email

Quote:
Hello ***,
Thanks for emailing us about your suspension. To help you as quickly as possible, we're sending you this response outlining the reasons why we've suspended your account. We'll also tell you what you can do if you'd like us to consider reinstating your account.

Why have we suspended your account?

We know that certain items and actions attract more fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if we think there may be a problem with it. We'll then ask for more information from the member before we reinstate the account.

We're not accusing you of fraudulent behaviour. Our top priority is to keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell, so we'd just like to confirm some of the information you've given us.

If we suspend an account in these circumstances, it's covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading 'Abusing eBay'. You can read the entire User Agreement by opening a new window on your browser and copying this link into it:

eBay User Agreement

What should you do now?

Send us these three pieces of information, and we'll review your account:

1) Proof of your name and address
2) Proof that items you've listed are in your possession
3) Confirmation of your current contact details

You must send us photocopies, not originals - we can't return your documents. Print your User ID clearly on each page so we can match them with your account quickly.

1) Proof of name and address

Please send us copies of both:

- government-issued photo ID (your passport or driving licence)
- evidence of your address (a bank statement or utility bill)

For each of the items you've listed on eBay, please send us copies of either:

- receipt, bill of sale, dispatch or sales invoice
or
- agreement with your supplier

If you haven't listed any items, please just ignore this step.

3) Confirmation of your current contact details

Please print these details on the cover sheet of your letter or fax:

User ID:
Email address:
Full name:
Full address:
Contact phone number:

Our contact details

If you're faxing from the UK: 020 7681 2348
If you're faxing from outside the UK: +44 207 681 2348

Postal address (photocopies only - please don't send us originals):

eBay Trust & Safety
Attn: Suspension Appeals
PO Box 9473
Dublin 15
Ireland

To get your documents to us here in Ireland as quickly as possible, please make sure you pay the correct postage.

At eBay, we treat your personal information in strict confidence. We always destroy documents after we've reviewed them. That's why we ask you to send copies, not originals.

What happens next?

Please allow three working days for us to review your account after we've received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will stay suspended until we've received and reviewed these documents.

As soon as we hear back from you, we'll try to sort this out for you as soon as possible. If you have any other questions about your suspension, please reply directly to this email.

Regards,

eBay Customer Support
3 days are past since they received my documents and I decided to email them to know where I'm standing, this is what they replied:

Quote:
Hello TheSeller

Thanks for writing to us regarding the suspension placed on your account "xxx". I understand that you want to make sure that this situation is being reviewed, please allow me to explain this further.

TheSeller, I certainly understand what you are going through and I appreciate your efforts in resolving this matter with us.

We've checked your account and can see it was suspended due to concerns about its safe use. Unfortunately we won't be reinstating your account.

We want to keep eBay a safe and enjoyable place to buy and sell. We may suspend an account if we have cause for concern, and/or if we're unable to verify any information you've provided to us.

You'll find more detail on this under the 'Abusing eBay' heading of the eBay User Agreement. To read this, please open a new window on your browser and copy this link into it:

eBay User Agreement

Please bear in mind that as your account is suspended, you won't be able to buy or sell on eBay or register a new account. You will still have to pay any fees you owe to eBay.

We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but hope we've been able to explain things clearly. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Katie Ryan
eBay Trust & Safety
If I only knew what I did wrong I'd give it a rest but to suspend my account without even giving me a reason or telling me what I can do to resolve it

I hurts so bad.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseller View Post
I'll make it as short as possible
I hurts so bad.

It hurts us so bad too.

If there was a chance you might listen posters might consider helping.

But your USA thread showed that would be a time waster.

Stop being meshu'geh

Using this forum correctly will help you beat ebay.
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
It hurts us so bad too.

If there was a chance you might listen posters might consider helping.

But your USA thread showed that would be a time waster.

Stop being meshu'geh

Using this forum correctly will help you beat ebay.
You see the problem is I can't list 800 items in a eBay Stealth account, not even on 50 accounts so in my case eBay Stealth is a waste of time cause even if I manage to have 5 stealth accounts I can't reach the selling limit I wanted
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You see the problem is I can't list 800 items in a eBay Stealth account, not even on 50 accounts so in my case eBay Stealth is a waste of time cause even if I manage to have 5 stealth accounts I can't reach the selling limit I wanted
The items I'm selling aren't just random items / findings
Each item is part of a complete product line and it makes no sense to list just 100 items of that lineup and on 10 different accounts it's not going to work

It is like American Eagle sell their products on 5 different websites while the products are from the same brand
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You see the problem is I can't list 800 items in a ebay stealth account, not even on 50 accounts so in my case ebay stealth is a waste of time cause even if I manage to have 5 stealth accounts I can't reach the selling limit I wanted
Be serious.

You EARN the right to sell big.

Nowhere did it say ebay stealth was handing out unlimited selling rights.

It is NOT the fault of this forum you want everything handed to you without work.

Sounds tough but that is a fact.

Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Be serious.

You EARN the right to sell big.

Nowhere did it say ebay stealth was handing out unlimited selling rights.

It is NOT the fault of this forum you want everything handed to you without work.

Sounds tough but that is a fact.

800 items is not big, it is normal
There are stores with 100,000 and 300,000 items
Ebay stealth can only give me accounts with merely 10 items limit
Even if I posted 50 items in a legit account it would barely sell
How can you say that I can sell big with ebay stealth?
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You want to sell but you need to earn the privilege. Apparently you have set off eB ay`s radar so now you have to resotre the account.

First learn to operate stealth properly THEN worry on how to sell. Your approach is wrong at the moment.

All the best - to save this account, submit the ID and search forums on tactics.
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
You see the problem is I can't list 800 items in a ebay stealth account, not even on 50 accounts so in my case ebay stealth is a waste of time cause even if I manage to have 5 stealth accounts I can't reach the selling limit I wanted
The 10 items a month selling limit is nothing to do with Ebay Stealth. All new accounts, stealth or otherwise start out with the same limits.

Limits get increased as you demonstrate to eBay that you are a trustworthy and reliable seller.

Your whole approach to this problem and to your previous issues are wrong. Unfortunately you choose not listen to the advice you are given.

You expect to be allowed to list 100s of items immediately on a new account. This is never going to happen. However, if you decide to invest the time and necessary resources you can get yourself to a position where you will be allowed to list in the quantities that you want.
Old 08-24-2012

Longevity: 76%

Surely you must have some idea why you were suspended?

They asked you to send docs to Dublin - what country was your account on?

How old was the account?

If they will not reinstate you have very few alternatives if you wish to sell on the Ebay platform.

Contact account sellers about buying an account with no limits. There are accounts out there but they are horrendously expensive - we are not talking hundreds here - we are talking thousands - that's why you need to ascertain what you have done to get to this point

Find a trading partner who will list and sell for you - be warned - they don't work for nothing and you will need to gain their trust. No easy matter

Other than that find a new venue

As has been said already sales limits are now a way of life and need to be approached in a methodical and sensible manner. When big companies register with Ebay they do not have limits and it is perfectly possible to set yourself up to look bigger than you are. Whether you are prepared to make the financial investment and time investment to do that is of course a seperate issue

While we appreciate your frustration, sounding off here will achieve zilch. While 800 items is nothing to you it is a substantial amount to the majority of this forum and their needs are different to yours.

A lot of 'thinking outside the box' is needed I'm afraid
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

More chance of a herd of these flying thro' the air than the OP doing a single thing constructive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (08-24-2012), SUVE (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Ok I'll go one by one:

@rsot
I know everything from start to finish on how to set up a new stealth account. Old news to me. I am selling items that are VERO. Also what is it going to help if I submit the ID?

@Ebayorbust
I know every new account starts with 10 but when eBay makes the call to verify my identity/SSN then the account won't even get to 50 items before it is already gone. And what do you mean invest the time and resources? If I buy a Frooition store for say $1000 or $2000 will my account be reinstated?

@GrannyT
I registered at ebay.com but I contacted them via chat at ebay.co.uk then they gave me their Dublin address. Buying an account with no limit is an option but when I get the login details and change the personal and financial information then that raises all the red flags

@GreenBean™
With all the respect, you are not helping
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

In their email they are referring me to their User Agreement, under Abusing Ebay:

Quote:
Abusing eBay

eBay and the eBay community work together to keep our sites and services working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us.

eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) programme works to ensure that listed items do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, please notify our VeRO team through our Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) programme and we will investigate.

Without limiting other remedies, we may issue you with warnings, limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our sites (including, without limitation, cancelling bids and removing listings), delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with the account (including, without limitation, PowerSeller status), reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you off our sites if:
we think that you are creating problems (including, without limitation, by harassing eBay staff or other users or by making unreasonable legal threats against eBay), or exposing us or another eBay user to financial loss or legal liabilities;
we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights of third parties);
we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or our policies (including, without limitation, policies related to shill bidding, conducting off-eBay transactions, feedback manipulation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or users who we believe are harassing our employees or other users);
despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
you fail to comply with the eBay Buyer Protection policy;
you earn a net feedback rating of -4.
Additionally, we may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, suspend or terminate accounts of users who may be repeat infringers of intellectual property rights of third parties.

You agree not to hold eBay responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of eBay taking any of the actions described above.
The items I listed include label tags with the logo of my store (a logo that I designed in Photoshop and sent to my supplier to print on the tag and sew to the product) maybe they considered them as VERO items while actually I am the VERO myself?
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

@OP, From reading your post, You don't want to create stealth accounts because of the selling limits, you want ebay account(s) with huge selling limits, did i get that right?

If your the Vero did you sign up to be a Vero? Did you register the Logo?

From your post I take it you sell clothes?
Old 08-24-2012

Quote:

@GrannyT
I registered at ebay.com but I contacted them via chat at ebay.co.uk then they gave me their Dublin address. Buying an account with no limit is an option but when I get the login details and change the personal and financial information then that raises all the red flags
Then think outside the box and don't raise red flags.

From what I read your problem is the VERO programme and your not using it to good effect for your situation

You are asking us to advise you but TBH finding out the full situation is like pulling teeth - I'm fairly sure, intuitevely, that there is more to come out yet.

Every post you make raises more questions.

Why do you think you were suspended - saying I have no idea doesn't help - you are the only one who knows all the facts so you MUST be the only one who can correctly say what has gone wrong.

Until we clear that hurdle no one here can help you

Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure if to be the VERO I need to register the logo/name that I came up with but that doesn't matter

Unless I register the name/logo that I came up with then there is no VERO

I designed the logo in Photoshop and put it as the logo for my listings and also for the product itself, it is very cheap to print a logo on a black label tag and sew it to the product

It's a textile product

I am pretty sure that the reason for the suspension was apparently the VERO thing...the pictures in my listings showed the product with the custom label on it and I assume that they thought I am selling items or using the name of a brand that they consider VERO but in fact there is no such brand...it is a "brand" that I invented when I designed the listings

How am I supposed to prove that there is no such brand and that I came up with the whole idea for the name/logo?

It is like proving you don't have a sister
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Ok, First of all If you had a VERO Problem the FIRST thing you should have seen was an MC999, and some of your listings taken down, then you should have gotten an Email from the VERO, That is the Way it works here in the US, and Im QUITE Sure in Ireland as well,,,,,

On the speculation that YOUR Own Logo Caused your Suspension only indicates that you have NO IDEA how the VERO Program works,,,

The Verified e Rights Owner Program works like this: Nike o VeRO Member for Example see listings of their products on Ebay, if they feel that they look Suspicious they instruct Ebay to take down the listing, then comes the Notifications I Mention above,,,So the Notion of YOU getting Suspended because of a VeRO Violation revolving aroung your own Logo is ridiculous,,,,,

Here is what happened to you account, and if you READ the correspondance they sent you it CLEAR,,,,Here right form the Email they sent you:

"certain items and actions attract more fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account"

That is a VERY Polite way of Ebay telling you that they think that you are selling COUNTERFEITS,,,,,,PLAIN and SIMPLE,,,,

So what is it that they wany to be Reassured?,,,They TELL you:

"Send us these three pieces of information, and we'll review your account:

3) Confirmation of your current contact details"

Why?,,,So Basically Ebay (Or Law Enforcement) can Find you if your selling activity Causes Loss to either Ebay or another Ebay Community Member

If your items are Genuine or Not is NOT Important, Ebay thinks that the odds favor you Products being Counterfeit,,,PERIOD, CASE CLOSED

So Honestly, There is NO BIG MYSTERY to your suspension,,,

As for your beliefs about Stealth accounts,,Here is a 2 FACTS, There is NO Such thing as a Turly Unlimited selling account, AND I Personally have MORE than one Stealth Account with 1000+ active Listings RIGHT Now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going around here and Insulting People who are attempting to FIRST Understand what TRULY happened to your account and then trying to Render some of what they believe is helpful advice is CLEARLY Indicative of a DISRESPECTFUL Personality, and if you do not want to show Other Forum Members here who are trying to help you a little respect for trying to help,,then get the F^CK outta here,,,,

Last edited by slapped; 08-24-2012 at 02:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (08-24-2012), GreenBean (08-24-2012), SUVE (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Ok, First of all If you had a VERO Problem the FIRST thing you should have seen was an MC999, and some of your listings taken down, then you should have gotten an Email from the VERO, That is the Way it works here in the US, and Im QUITE Sure in Ireland as well,,,,,

On the speculation that YOUR Own Logo Caused your Suspension only indicates that you have NO IDEA how the VERO Program works,,,

The Verified e Rights Owner Program works like this: Nike o VeRO Member for Example see listings of their products on Ebay, if they feel that they look Suspicious they instruct Ebay to take down the listing, then comes the Notifications I Mention above,,,So the Notion of YOU getting Suspended because of a VeRO Violation revolving aroung your own Logo is ridiculous,,,,,

Here is what happened to you account, and if you READ the correspondance they sent you it CLEAR,,,,Here right form the Email they sent you:

"certain items and actions attract more fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account"

That is a VERY Polite way of Ebay telling you that they think that you are selling COUNTERFEITS,,,,,,PLAIN and SIMPLE,,,,

So what is it that they wany to be Reassured?,,,They TELL you:

"Send us these three pieces of information, and we'll review your account:

3) Confirmation of your current contact details"

Why?,,,So Basically Ebay (Or Law Enforcement) can Find you if your selling activity Causes Loss to another Ebay Member

If your items are Genuine or Not is NOT Important, Ebay thinks that the odds favor you Products being Counterfeit,,,PERIOD, CASE CLOSED

So Honestly, There is NO BIG MYSTERY to your suspension,,,

As for your beliefs about Stealth accounts,,Here is a 2 FACTS, There is NO Such thing as a Turly Unlimited selling account, AND I Personally have MORE than one Stealth Account with 1000+ active Listings RIGHT Now
Counterfeits? Hah
Just makes me laugh

Here are some facts:
- My supplier is a direct factory in China
- The factory has a catalog
- The factory does not use pictures they find on the internet, like many Chinese companies do, they take THEIR OWN PICTURES of THEIR OWN PRODUCTS
- The pictures I put in my listings are my supplier's pictures
- The products they make are not branded/labeled whatsoever unless their buyer requires a custom label to be attached to the product, which in my case, is the logo that I designed in Photoshop. Take a random T-shirt for example, it always has a logo at the instructions tag.
But they are a factory, not a brand
- The items I ordered and listed are purely designed by my supplier.

How can they say that I am selling counterfeits? Counterfeits of a random product that was both MADE and DESIGNED in China? Where is the sense? Without even a UPC?

I can also tell that the products I listed are not sold ANYWHERE in USA and I can prove it. I know my supplier for 2 years now. I am not working with just another junk wholesaler or a small factory. My supplier is an established company with years of experience in its field

I have been in business many years and I can tell for sure, that no other factory in the world (well for the type of product I'm selling there are very few of them) that produces the same item not to mention counterfeiting
Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Are these products the same beanbags you were selling before?

If they are, and you say they come from China, then they are unlicensed products. This is why you are getting your listings taken down and accounts suspended.
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Are these products the same beanbags you were selling before?

If they are, and you say they come from China, then they are unlicensed products. This is why you are getting your listings taken down and accounts suspended.
I have another account (not suspended but restricted from selling) where I listed licensed products that I bought from the direct US manufacturer that holds the licenses

But I was told that account had nothing to do with the suspension of the account that I'm talking about

On this account I listed items that are non-licensed. They are just 2 pieces of plain fabric joined together with a zipper to create a beanbag

It's not the licensed products that I was selling on the other account
Old 08-24-2012

I'm outa here

Old 08-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 74%

It would be very hard to advise as you seem to have a prepared counter argument as soon as a post is made to your thread.

slapped & Ebayorbust observations are very good as to what is possibly happening to you.
Old 08-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVE View Post
It would be very hard to advise as you seem to have a prepared counter argument as soon as a post is made to your thread.

slapped & Ebayorbust observations are very good as to what is possibly happening to you.
Yes!! How can you not be mad when no one listens to you, when there is no justice and when nobody believes you
Closed Thread