MC999 on multiple attempts for a stealth account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-15-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default MC999 on multiple attempts for a stealth account.

I read the stealth guide but I'm missing something..

I'm using entirely different computers, new IP address, ALL new info.
Fully verified paypal.
My stealth paypal accounts are always fine but my ebay accounts always get MC999 suspensions within 24 hours of listing 1-2items.

""Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you. ""

Should I just try calling them?
Sick of wasting new vanilla visa's on stealth accounts that just go to crap so soon...don't understand it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tilapas For This Useful Post:
dhenrydg (11-18-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2012

Longevity: 69%

If your accounts are always being suspended then it would not hurt to see what eBay has to say. You have Nothing to lose.
Old 11-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Are you selling expensive, VERO, virtual goods?
Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Nope, no vero, nothing expensive, very cheap basic items.
Only listed 2 items on each account, both banned.
The type of items I listed I am 100% sure they are fine.
Buy it now items for under $15

IP address is not the problem either, I'm tethering off my phone and keeping track of all IP's used.
I'm EXTREMELY confused about this.

The paypal accounts are fine and up and running, even got money put into them via other means and are fine.
It's only the ebay accounts that aren't working out for me.

Same exact info on both paypal and ebay too, I made 100% sure of it.
Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Thats what happen to me the first time too. Paypal was verified but Ebay deleted my ish within 5 minutes of selling. I got five new ebay and paypal up and running. I learned to wait a couple of days about 3-4 days before I list my first item for sale.
Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGALO1983 View Post
Thats what happen to me the first time too. Paypal was verified but Ebay deleted my ish within 5 minutes of selling. I got five new ebay and paypal up and running. I learned to wait a couple of days about 3-4 days before I list my first item for sale.
I waited 3days before switching each account to seller accounts.
Is this what you mean or do I need to wait 3-4days after turning into seller account before listing any items?

Seems awfully strange to me that ebay would ban somebody simply for listing an after changing to a seller account. Isnt' that the entire reason to get a seller account? If I wasn't going to sell 1 item right away then I'd prolly just convert to a seller account later when I had an item to list.

So confused, this is literally driving my brain bonkers, hehe.
Old 11-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Belated welcome to the forum.

I find it easier to not think of the MC0999 as a ban.

It's more a notice from ebay to confirm details of an account usually after listing items.

I must add it does differ with each account.

For the details of your stealth account what do you do?

Maybe we can run thro' everything to help resolve these issues.

Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Paypal account's are both totally solid, up and running, and one's received over $400 into it already with no issues, so I'm going to forgoe the whole paypal part unless you feel it's important.

I get a new IP off my phone, I check it with whatismyip.com and make sure it's not one I've already used.

Paypal's were fully verified with both bank account and vanilla visa cards, both completely fresh info, never used before.
Used entirely different computer that has literally never been used for ebay or paypal before, pretty much a fresh windows 7 format.
Used CCleaner before creating accounts, never after, so I kept the ebay/paypal cookies.
Created ebay account with exact same info as paypal.
Linked paypal to ebay account.
Waited 3 days before changing to seller account.
Used a google voice number that was never used with any previous account to confirm seller account, confirmed fine as far as I know.
Listed 2 items, buy it now items for under $15.
Very basic household items.
No vero or anything like that.
First one got the mc999 in about 2 hours, with fees credited back to the account.
Second one got the mc999 about 24 hours after listing the items with fees credited back to the account.

Did I miss anything?
Is it simply because I listed in the first hour of converting into a seller account? I read a post where you said people were reporting problems due to that but that just wouldn't make sense to me.

Please, if I missed any part of the process or if you have further questions, just ask.
I really want to figure this out.
I am very computer savvy and I know all about this kind of stuff, I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
Old 11-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Could you do a screenshot of the mc0999, please?

um, one thing that stuck out was 'iphone'.

Is the ebay app downloaded? That has been reported as a means of linking.

The other angle is name & address. 'concrete' info or pulled out of the hat?

Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Im different from you but as GreanBean said each account is different.

Normally, I convert to a seller account first day then wait 3-4 days later to sale. It works for me.
What about flash? Did you open an e-mail that is connected to another Ebay then the one you created?

They can track you through there which was a mistake I made before.
Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Addresses were both real addresses, not made up.
Never said Iphone, I said phone, I tether off my rooted android phone via wireless tether.
I am doing it off actual computers though.
I own 3 computers, so I am using a different one for each account.
Nope, not clicked a single email from them.
I am aware they can track you through that.

As for the Mc999, here is exactly what it says, a copy and paste.

MC999 Your eBay account is restricted - *snipped name

Dear *snipped name* (snipped name),

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:
http://contact.ebay.com*snipped rest of link*

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

So you guys are just as confused as me then?
Maybe I'll try making a new one and waiting 3-4 days before listing an item instead of 3-4 days before turning it into a seller account.
It's literally the only thing I can possibly think of.
Old 11-16-2012

Longevity: 75%

I really think you're wasting your time, waiting to convert to a sellers account, or even waiting to sell on a new sellers account. Tens of thousands of people create new sellers account, and list within the first hour of such creation.

I'm as lost as you are dude.

I don't know how sophisticated EB is getting, but are they interrogating information within the headers of your auction photo's? Are you using the same photo's, as from a banned account?
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleCove For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-28-2012)
Old 11-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

You need to list only 1 item and it helps to wait 30 days to start selling. I know some people can list right away and get away with it, but with the holidays, I feel that ebay is vamping up security.

It also might have something to do with the new ebay layout as to why people are having issues? I know when I use the new format, and list right away, I get the MC of doom quicker than the old format.
Old 11-16-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCove View Post
I really think you're wasting your time, waiting to convert to a sellers account, or even waiting to sell on a new sellers account. Tens of thousands of people create new sellers account, and list within the first hour of such creation.

I'm as lost as you are dude.

I don't know how sophisticated EB is getting, but are they interrogating information within the headers of your auction photo's? Are you using the same photo's, as from a banned account?
Nope, completely different items altogether.
I still sell on my main account.
I've never been banned on ebay before, just paypal.
Old 11-17-2012

Longevity: 71%

Call them. They just want to talk about your plans to sell and 'give you a little advice'...I've got this a few times and called them and they lifted the restriction and I was good to go after. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilapas View Post
Addresses were both real addresses, not made up.
Never said Iphone, I said phone, I tether off my rooted android phone via wireless tether.
I am doing it off actual computers though.
I own 3 computers, so I am using a different one for each account.
Nope, not clicked a single email from them.
I am aware they can track you through that.

As for the Mc999, here is exactly what it says, a copy and paste.

MC999 Your eBay account is restricted - *snipped name

Dear *snipped name* (snipped name),

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:
http://contact.ebay.com*snipped rest of link*

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

So you guys are just as confused as me then?
Maybe I'll try making a new one and waiting 3-4 days before listing an item instead of 3-4 days before turning it into a seller account.
It's literally the only thing I can possibly think of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Packattack12 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (04-14-2013)
Old 11-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I would agree on calling them and being professional on the phone
Old 11-28-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 77%

Have you made any purchases before converting it to a seller account? Buying a digital product to your email and a physical product to the address on record is something I do as a precaution. Build up your e by browsing history for 30 days and buy a few (less than $1) things for about a month, then convert it.

Maybe sell some used crap from around the house first?
The Following User Says Thank You to octour For This Useful Post:
defon (07-10-2013)
Old 04-02-2013

Longevity: 64%

Just got this MC999 on one of my new stealth accounts.

Only on one of them for whatever that's worth...

Brand new account, waited about 4 days before I listed. Listed 3 low risk items, the next day they were all taken down, and I had an MC999 in my messages. Asking to call them within 48hrs to avoid account being closed.

Should I abandon the account, or call them up and see what they have to say?

After looking through other threads, it seems as though I shouldn't *67 block my number, so should i use spoofcard.com or something similar to make the caller ID appear as the number I used on the account?

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-02-2013

Longevity: 80%

I would call. What do you have to lose? If you don't call, it will be suspended, and if you do call you have a chance to save it

Also, why don't you have active phone number, especially since you just created the account?
The Following User Says Thank You to turkeyhunt For This Useful Post:
Dan32 (04-03-2013)
Old 04-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

Personally, I only open up buying accounts to start. I purchase cheap items for about two months to get some buying feedback. Then I change my account to a seller account. Always start out selling lower risk auctions. Usually household stuff. Have yet to have a problem. The thing about my system is I am constantly planning for the future. I am getting account prepped months in advance. The days of registering an account with eBay and selling the same day are over. Also about once a year I register multiple buying accounts. They just sit there for years before I do anything with them. I have some from 08 and 09 I am just starting to go through the process. If you are serious about stealth you always have to be one step ahead of whatever might happen to you. Like anything in life preparation and an understanding of how eBay asses risk is key to staying on eBay/PayPal for the long haul.

Last edited by vogeltron; 04-06-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2013

Longevity: 80%

I think you need to wait about 5 days. I personally have been creating new ebay and paypal accounts in my city with no problems(I wait 5 days and then start to sell items with new accounts). But I have gotten suspended also. But most of the times all goes ok. I have used free wifi area IPs and those are just ok. I have used my same and old laptop all the time(I just make a new user under Windows XP(all the names and details are different of course)). So I cannot understand how they link you. I have been linked by almost the same items. Problem is that once I have used that free wifi area IP, then I cannot use it any more for Ebay.
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I wait at least 90 days.... Within those 90 days I buy about 4 items a month...

I say wait til you have at least 10 feedback imo