Another Ebay Account To My Paypal...Legit. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-06-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Another Ebay Account To My Paypal...Legit.

So currently we are selling from one account to one paypal, legit info. Wife has an account that she has been using...one of her mother's accounts that she doesn't use at all. She used to sell on there, it now has 100/$5000 as the selling limit. We are thinking of selling on that account - would it be fine to use our current paypal with it OR create a new paypal to accept payments on that account OR use the paypal account that she has been using to buy from?

I know you can have 2 ebay accounts to one paypal - and our paypal account now is established pretty well, with SSN. Just not 100% sure how to approach this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Nice juicy thread to discus

if that ebay is in the details of another party, I would not be inclined to put it near a solid SSN noted paypal. There is a chance either ebay or paypal may turn around and say why does the info differ.
I would be aiming to protect as much as possible an account with an SSN. In other words leave it at current status.

Check a post by the user imjustme. He attached an ebay account to another working one. His reward was selling limits cut in half between accounts

Looking at ebay at this moment, I am thinking they are too unsettled as to how they might react to changes. This would make me refer you to the above points.
Should you consider a risk to an operating ebay account?

I would not. I would see this account as an extension/backup of your current plan.
Do note I wear a tin foil hat and tend to be converative
Old 02-06-2013
Threadstarter  

So should I open a new paypal with the info on the ebay (her mother's info) OR should I use the paypal that she has been using to buy things (with her info). I can (and have before) change the ebay info to my wife's name...probably not the safest thing to do but I mean - she is buying things with a paypal account in her name when the registered name on the ebay is her moms. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Old 02-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I would not use the same pp across unaffiliated eB accounts - risk harming your current account.

I have seen limits reduced and accounts go into limitation with this plan. Best to keep things separate and issue free
Old 02-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Makes sense - ebay does state in their policies that you may have more than one account but you may NOT use those accounts to circumvent selling limits.

So the next question would most definitely be - make a new paypal with the ebay account info or use the paypal account that has been used to purchase on the ebay account?
Old 02-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
We are thinking of selling on that account - would it be fine to use our current paypal with it OR create a new paypal to accept payments on that account OR use the paypal account that she has been using to buy from?
SSN account should be left well alone. ( Avoid a link).

Expand on the 'use the paypal account that she has been using to buy from?' Is this your MIL or wife?
Old 02-07-2013
Threadstarter  

My wife has assumed the ebay account which is in my MIL name. The paypal account she uses to pay for items on that account is one in her name (my wifes)
Old 02-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I would not link them together.

They are too valuable to link them.

Keep totally separate using different user accounts, manage IPs etc.

If you are asking about withdrawing to the other account I would just add my own bank account to it.

I never do the 2 for 1 either.

1 for 1 for me.
Old 02-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
My wife has assumed the ebay account which is in my MIL name. The paypal account she uses to pay for items on that account is one in her name (my wifes)
So they are linked them?

Did she use your real pp to pay for items that were purchased on the MIL account?

Why did she do this? She could have used the MIL pp and kept them separate.
Old 02-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
So they are linked them?

Did she use your real pp to pay for items that were purchased on the MIL account?

Why did she do this? She could have used the MIL pp and kept them separate.
Maybe I should start at the beginning.

I have one ebay and one paypal linked together - they have legit info and SSN verified. We have a 50/5000 limit on that ebay.

My MIL had TWO accounts. One account her and her husband have had since 2003 and has no selling limits on it. They use that account and we have zero access to it and never will. MIL created a second account that she sold on but abandoned because it had selling limits that she wasn't pleased with (I believe like $1500 limit at the time) so she was only using her original account.

The second ebay account does not have any paypal "attached" to it currently. Meaning, if you go into the account section, click paypal account, there is nothing there...it says to add a paypal account to it. So I don't know if there never was a linked account on it OR if MIL just removed the link. There is also no automatic payment option set up, and there is a 45 cent balance due.

Wife has been using that ebay occasionally to buy on. We have NOT sold anything on it yet. She has a paypal account (legit info, NOT SSN verified though) that she uses for etsy and that account she has been using to buy on the ebay account.

SO - with that said, the ebay account was created in March 2011. It was sold on for a bit and then MIL stopped. Wife started using the account to BUY on, with her paypal account. No paypal is "attached" to the ebay (being linked is another story - but as for showing up as officially "attached", there is none). On a second note, wife has used MIL's address in the creation of her paypal account. This was long before even being used with that ebay account. So the addresses are the same, the names are different obviously.

So I am wondering if wife's paypal can be used to sell on MIL's ebay acct OR if we should create a new paypal with MIL's name OR use wife's paypal BUT change the name on ebay acct from MIL's name to wife's name.