Another buyer trying to scam me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Another buyer trying to scam me

Ok sold an item worth $100.

Buyer receives item. Now claims the item sent was not exact instead a bunch of variety of puzzle books. I asked buyer to send a picture of the item. puzzle books look bigger than the size of the box I sent the item in.

Something looks very fishy. Keep in mind this buyer has over 900 plus feedbacks.

What can I do to prevent taking a lost of $100.

I reported the buy to ebay anonymously already.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2013

Longevity: 66%

I feel for you....unfortunately there isn't much you can do.
Old 03-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Proof reading a post will help next round.

re-read the edit and let me know if that's the story.

Old 03-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

- Did buyer respond?
- Check to see if the buyer bought any puzzle book last few week
- Maybe it just a missed up with other item he/she bought
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass11078 View Post
Ok sold an item worth $100.

Buyer receives item. Now claims the item sent was not exact instead a bunch of variety of puzzle books. I asked buyer to send a picture of the item. puzzle books look bigger than the size of the box I sent the item in.

Something looks very fishy. Keep in mind this buyer has over 900 plus feedbacks.

What can I do to prevent taking a lost of $100.

I reported the buy to ebay anonymously already.
Old 03-10-2013
Threadstarter  

She responded back with further pictures I requested just like I thought the bottom of the box was tempered with. Is most likely eBay will still reward her the money. Smh
Old 03-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Another buyer trying to scam me

Ebay has award. Fullrefund to the buyer. I just wanna cry.
Old 03-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Sorry man, You should have asked her to weigh the puzzle books and see if the weight matched your receipt?
I know its a long shot, but anything is worth a try. Or perhaps appeal the case stating the weights do not match.

If you do sell puzzle books, perhaps maybe you sent the wrong items to the wrong buyer?
Old 03-13-2013
Threadstarter  

I don't sell puzzle books at all, the buyer is a scam artist.
The Following User Says Thank You to ass11078 For This Useful Post:
sacka_man (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Ebay has award. Fullrefund to the buyer. I just wanna cry.
Dont cry, dry your eye, thats what i say! Remember karma is the real deal...while i do not exactly like using the word "Karma" as i am a Christian...regardless of all that....bad people that do bad things eventually have to reap what they sow. Life has its own way of takign care of this kind of stuff even if you lose out right now...you will be rewarded one day for it, just in another way.

This is how one must deal with life's situations like this...you will be able to maintain a happy go lucky lifestyle and be able to go to bed with a smile on your face. Remember money and material things are only temporarily things..eventually they get old, rusted and outdated...but your happiness and your soul is everlasting...that is if you keep a genuine good attitude through the good and bad we deal with in life. I know we need to make money to live in this world...you'll be ok man...trust me, something will happen to replace that loss.

You win some, you lose some...that is life my friend.

Suck it up and move on...i've been ripped over 3 grand before, not on ebay but elsewhere..it was hard to swallow but i practice what i preach and the words and advice i just gave you is what kept me under control when i got ripped for 3 grand. And my luck has been rewarded to me 10 fold...because i personally serve my life to the Lord Jesus Christ who will give you the desires of your heart and protect you of those that treat you wrong...God is in control...have faith in him and the rest will come in due time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moegames For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (03-14-2013), GreenGhost (03-15-2013), GTB (03-14-2013), TheRevolver (03-15-2013)
Old 03-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames View Post
Dont cry, dry your eye, thats what i say! Remember karma is the real deal...while i do not exactly like using the word "Karma" as i am a Christian...regardless of all that....bad people that do bad things eventually have to reap what they sow. Life has its own way of takign care of this kind of stuff even if you lose out right now...you will be rewarded one day for it, just in another way.

This is how one must deal with life's situations like this...you will be able to maintain a happy go lucky lifestyle and be able to go to bed with a smile on your face. Remember money and material things are only temporarily things..eventually they get old, rusted and outdated...but your happiness and your soul is everlasting...that is if you keep a genuine good attitude through the good and bad we deal with in life. I know we need to make money to live in this world...you'll be ok man...trust me, something will happen to replace that loss.

You win some, you lose some...that is life my friend.

Suck it up and move on...i've been ripped over 3 grand before, not on ebay but elsewhere..it was hard to swallow but i practice what i preach and the words and advice i just gave you is what kept me under control when i got ripped for 3 grand. And my luck has been rewarded to me 10 fold...because i personally serve my life to the Lord Jesus Christ who will give you the desires of your heart and protect you of those that treat you wrong...God is in control...have faith in him and the rest will come in due time.
It is a nice sentiment what you are saying but since this did not happen to you, it is easier said than done.

Everyone's circumstances are different. For all we know you are a millionaire who can afford to lose $3000 like spare change.
You don't know what circumstance the OP is in and saying to someone ' oh you've been scammed but don't worry about it and move on because one day in your life you may be rewarded' isn't helpful.

If we all lived by this method, i am sure there would be a lot more crime & murder in this world than there already is.

personally anything over £50 is worth fighting for as you are probably not the only person the buyer is doing it to, and this is not the way to earn an income!
Old 03-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Another buyer trying to scam me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Univerzal View Post
Hunt that MF down! I was ripped of yesterday....now it's war.

You would start a war for $100? Its called doing business and I'm no business person. If you can't afford to lose the value of the item u r selling u r in the wrong business
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
MM78 (03-18-2013), slapped (03-14-2013), TGMT² (03-15-2013)
Old 03-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

If you are selling your Items and making good money doing it,,,Then why Bother, Its just part of doing business online,, at the end of it all you are the one who Should be laughing all the way to the bank,, and if you are not, than consider another line of work, because this type of thing happens OFTEN
slim jim (03-18-2013)
Old 03-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
You would start a war for $100? Its called doing business and I'm no business person. If you can't afford to lose the value of the item u r selling u r in the wrong business
Sometimes its not about the money, its about the principal of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
ass11078 (03-15-2013), moneyhustler88 (03-20-2013)
Old 03-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Sometimes its not about the money, its about the principal of it.
of course principle has a lot to do with it but if you don't chose your battles wisely then i just hurt my own principle of trying to keep the peace. someone wants to rip me off? they have to sleep with themselves at night, not me. money is only money, nothing more
Old 03-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Not worth the headache and may even lead to more problems...
Old 03-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I don't sell puzzle books at all, the buyer is a scam artist.
Are you joking

You lost a claim for an item you are not even selling?

Explain that please
Old 03-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

he got puzzle books back on the return..it is not what he sold originally.

I had 3 small items go 'missing' or 'broken in post', in a row last week...I can afford to lose them, but if these losses go over a certain percentage then it makes trading not worth it...that percentage is up to the individual concerned...as for karma....that might be your belief but that is all it is nothing more, too easy to just 'say' that exists, people who say they know something exists that nobody can see, irritates me...
Old 03-19-2013

Longevity: 69%

I agree with bunneh sometimes its is the morale of this..why should you let sum1 scam you? Its just the fact a transaction doesn't happen face 2 face that causes problems
Old 03-19-2013

Longevity: 65%

Yeah, but this thievery is not always absorbed by the seller. As a cost of doing business it gets added to the price of other items thereby screwing innocent bystanders.
Old 03-20-2013

Longevity: 69%

Hmm I suppose..what happened zoneout to the days of honest people huh? It makes me laugh when I get those emails saying 'will you deliver to my mums house i'm away' and its some paypal address not that they checked out too..yeah sure i'll breach my own ebay and paypal seller protection and ship to a different address so you can say you didn't receive the item and then paypal rule in your favour + i lose my money+ item..people are so malicious to buy stuff and do this, if they spent their time on a business or job perhaps they would gain more from their life. i believe in karma though as said above by another member..
Old 03-22-2013

Longevity: 92%

Swings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

You cannot waste time and energy in battles like this. Your time is better served selling twice as much to cover the loss and, more importantly, take it as a lesson learned and EXPECT it to happen at least once/twice a month.

When it doesn't, great stuff...more profit for you.

When it does happen (which it will) then you were prepared.

Think of this...

That seller who tried to screw you over is super 'small time'. They are pretty pathetic to be screwing you over for small items. They're not targeting 20,000 eBayers at the same time are they? They wouldn't have the time. Let them 'think' they've won. If you fight and you win, then that is likely to p*ss them off. The VERY WORST THING that a stealther needs is a p*ssed off eBayer with time on their hands! There's all manner of commotion they can cause for you and a stealth account can rarely stand up to the onslaught of a petty p*ssed off scam buyer!!!

TRUE STORY HERE:

Someone stole my windscreen wiper the other day. By no coincidence I noticed that my rough-as-a-bears-arse neighbor has one windscreen wiper that's a little too long and looks awfully like mine! I have a few choices. Call him out, tell him I know what he's done, spend the next few years in a semi-war with someone who would just love that! Have no doubt windows broke, abuse hurled etc etc. Or I buy another one, fit it whilst he was outside smoking a spliff with (and with a smile on my face whilst doing it). One option costs £11 and two mins of my day. The other practically ruins my days until I move. I don't technically 'win' either way, but I sure as hell don't 'lose'.

Some are shouting "Yes! But if everyone did that where would we be?" I hear ya! But those people don't make a difference to the grand scheme of things because they're in the minority. All you do by choosing fights is win or lose. Neither achieves anything really - and both cost you time and energy that your business and mental state will suffer from.

Rant over. Shoot the f*cker !!

Last edited by mattytman; 03-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattytman For This Useful Post:
ass11078 (04-27-2013)
Old 03-23-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

The joys of working all round the country.

Approached many guys and got my product and money back. Yes wing mirrors do get punched.