IP questions regarding using different accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default IP questions regarding using different accounts

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so I apologise firstly if I am repeating other posts but I need some advice on what to do in my position from experienced Stealthers!
I have purchased Stealth Book and so far have read 90% of it.
Here is my story:

I set up an ebay account when I was 18. I didn't know the rules and made a few silly mistakes so was banned. At the time I had a few friends that were willing to set up accounts for me, so I now still have 2 selling accounts (both around 8 year old) however I no longer am in contact with those friends. I am worried that one day they will try to register with ebay and ebay will realise my account is false and ban me. So with that in mind I am thinking of creating a new stealth account as backup, a one that I can have full control over. Is this a good plan?

My first problem I am having is changing my IP address. I am with Virgin Media UK using a cable router. . . I am going to change to wireless broadband with them this week. Will this change my IP? If not, what do you recommend I do? I am not good with computers at all.

Also, I have a question if anyone can help... I am either going to set a stealth account up myself or buy one of the pre-made ones. If I am using a pre-made one that is set up with paypal already how do I withdraw to my bank account?

One last silly question.... if I add a new windows user and manage to change the IP to register, will the new IP not get logged with my current selling accounts? Does the IP change back to the old IP when I change windows user accounts?

Thank you for any advice you may give. I'm hoping to get a new stealth account up and running this month.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2013

You should really use different IP addresses for different accounts, or use something that changes your IP. The same with windows user accounts so you dont trip up and let cookies track you.

As for transferring money from paypal with a bought account, I dont know about that one and its something id like to know myself. Im pretty sure when you buy one the seller will tell you what to do...
Old 04-13-2013

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

My first problem I am having is changing my IP address. I am with Virgin Media UK using a cable router. . . I am going to change to wireless broadband with them this week. Will this change my IP? If not, what do you recommend I do? I am not good with computers at all.

a dongle will solve the ip address issue, if you are operating more than one account, ip addresses on dongles usually change every time you disconnect and connect again

if you are operating on just one account then there are ways to change your ip address, search the forum for threads with information regarding this matter

here is a website where you can check your ip address IP Burger - Track Your IP Address!

Also, I have a question if anyone can help... I am either going to set a stealth account up myself or buy one of the pre-made ones. If I am using a pre-made one that is set up with paypal already how do I withdraw to my bank account?

do you have a uk bank that has never been used with eb ay or pay pal before ?
does it accept direct debits ?
if yes then you just add it, get the two small deposits from your bank statement that pay pal send and enter them, then you will have a verified pay pal account and you can withdraw funds to your bank

avoid Lloyds, does not work well with stealth accounts

One last silly question.... if I add a new windows user and manage to change the IP to register, will the new IP not get logged with my current selling accounts? Does the IP change back to the old IP when I change windows user accounts?

ip has nothing to do with windows user accounts, no worries there mate

Thank you for any advice you may give. I'm hoping to get a new stealth account up and running this month.

all the best

Last edited by GTB; 04-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
coppersparks (04-15-2013), rsot (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013

Longevity: 65%

GTB has gave you all the correct answers there, I might add that paypal cannot see the name on the bank account that you are using to withdraw your funds in to, so as long as you are using a bank account that has never been used on paypal before then you are good to go, so therefore an already set up account for Joe Bloggs on ebay/paypal will not matter if you name is mickey mouse.
The only way they can see your name on the card is if you use your bank account to purchase something when having a "zero" balance on paypal

Using a dongle gives you a dynamic i.p address and will change every time you connect it, each time you log off a windows user it will disconnect and then when going into your next stealth it will have a different i.p. This is the best way to run various stealths.
The Following User Says Thank You to keithy72 For This Useful Post:
coppersparks (04-15-2013)
Old 04-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Hi coppersparks,

As GTB has said, the easiest way to resolve the IP issue is to get a 3G dongle. They are fairly cheap to buy and use.
Old 04-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You can also use a smartphone and tether it for dynamic IP.
Old 04-14-2013

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

as my good friend keithy said, pay pal cannot see the name of the bank account holder

unless you use your bank to fund the pay pal account or pay for purchases

also do not add your real credit/debit card, add a vcc

there are vcc providers on the forum, but entro pay works well with UK pay pal/eb ay

message for all, the only way to withdraw from a UK pay pal is with a UK bank account

there is a few ways around it but your limits will be very low, and you risk linking accounts if you are sending money to other verified pay pal accounts to withdraw

so realistically, if your wanting a good healthy account to earn loads of money, you need to add a UK bank, which will verify the pay pal anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you everyone for all the advice. I am going to go with a TMobile dongle, ebay are selling them for £45 which includes 12 months internet.
Old 04-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Tricky Question Need Advice from Experts

Okay, at the moment I have two selling accounts... my friend has recently let me use his buying account to buy things on. This was set up on his computer using his home address. I have been using it to buy things from (its not a selling account) and I have been using the same IP as I use for my selling accounts. (If I had of bought Stealth a year ago I wouldn't have done this)

If I upgrade the buying account to a selling account using a stealth bank account and new email/address etc, will my IP already be logged on it and thus blocked? Or is it the IP from my friends home that has been logged with the account? Note, if I set it up as a selling account I would use a different IP.

But has my current IP already been logged. I run two stealth selling accounts from this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

The accounts are already linked. Do not waste the buying account. Focus on creating/buying selling accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I agree with you, however shouldn't my two stealth selling accounts be linked by now? I've been running them for 5+ years on the same IP :/
Old 04-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

They are linked. You just haven't been suspended. So basically if one gets suspended, the other will go down too. You CAN make he buying into a selling however we are here to think long term and this isn't a viable long term solution
Old 04-15-2013

you can have a million accounts on one IP but once one goes they will all go
Old 04-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ahhh I didn't realise that. Thank you for that.
Old 04-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

If I turn the buying account into a sellers account on a new IP is it still linked because ive used it for buying on this IP? It was made on a different computer by a different person in 2004.
Old 04-15-2013

Longevity: 79%

You can have more than one account on one Ip and them not go down when one goes down, more liley to go down if names are same not always likley if different and different computers used.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 04-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Just a fair warning for you, eBay can "crosslink accounts". What that means if any of your current seller accounts get suspended and you continue to use this buying account alongside with your new selling account, eBay will link your new selling account back to your old selling account through this buying account.
Old 04-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

How come today's posts differ from the content of your 1st thread?

I merged everything.

Quickly define the ACCURATE state of your accounts.

I really would not like our advice to be inaccurate.
Old 04-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppersparks View Post
Thank you everyone for all the advice. I am going to go with a TMobile dongle, ebay are selling them for £45 which includes 12 months internet.
A good service to build new stealth accounts
Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You should still consider keeping records to make sure on not cross-linking.

Old 04-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I agree with you, however shouldn't my two stealth selling accounts be linked by now? I've been running them for 5+ years on the same IP :/
You would be linked most likely but you might not be seen as HIGH risk to eB...given the amount of time you have been operation, what you sell, how your feedback is, etc. etc. - many factors.

This being said, future accounts should be made via stealth methods
Old 04-18-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:

Very lucky.

I would make sure any future accounts you make sure to not link any of them or they will fall like quick sand.