eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   The New MC999 "To Avoid Ideas" Master list (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/66838-new-mc999-avoid-ideas-master-list.html)

joanna4051 11-07-2013 06:31 PM

The New MC999 "To Avoid Ideas" Master list

It is apparent that the new MC999 has been thrown at sellers left and right. In my case, I got them before listing anything so please don't write posts about the kind of items being sold. I've read through many posts, in particular two where the users really put in effort and brainstormed.

I was hoping, we could list the ideas/solutions that have been mentioned so far in the forums. That way we can all experiment with each and hopefully accomplish something.

So far :

1) someone suggested to list with the same IP as you registered the account
2)if you must call ebay choose the account suspension option, otherwise if you call to increase limits you'll get the database questions.
3)Prepaid phone has been covered here.
4)Being linked through gmail. (Is that true??)
5)Just call and hope for the best. No way around it.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 06:43 PM

Re: The New MC999 "To Avoid Ideas" Master list

Just to let you know you are so incorrect.

Two different things happening.

1. If you sell branded, vero, new, cell phone etc items on the majority of new accounts it will in a high percentage get an mc999. That is a fact.

2. The new mc999 that many are having issues with is completely different then the above.

DO NOT try to change things that are factual and confuse people.

We are talking two different issues here and they are not the same.

You can get through your new mc999 and get another mc999 by listing something ebay does not like.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 06:46 PM

List a set of dre beats on one of your new accounts and I would be willing to bet it will get a mc999 within hours.

glacier922 11-07-2013 06:52 PM

@ sandy d, to be fair, the op did say "the new" mc999. I'm thinking he/she meant those ones that get the mc999 w/o listing anything and did everything in the stealth book correctly and still got the mc999 and got the dreaded public database questions.

joanna4051 11-07-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501477)
@ sandy d, to be fair, the op did say "the new" mc999. I'm thinking he/she meant those ones that get the mc999 w/o listing anything and did everything in the stealth book correctly and still got the mc999 and got the dreaded public database questions.

You are correct, glacier, thank you. I have created stealth in the past, many. two weeks ago I opened 4 new accounts. I did that using the same techniques as always, which yes, I have bought and followed the book, and 3 of them got the MC999 message requesting that I myself request higher selling limits.

PLEASE NOTE AGAIN, NOTHING WAS LISTED ON THESES ACCOUNTS YET. THEY WERE AGING.

Upon calling, one time I was sent to trust and safety and asked simple questions as to what I will be selling etc. and the other 3 times I was sent to the vetting department and asked to verify identity via answering multiple choice questions from a public database. Needless to say, those accounts did not get their selling privileges reinstated.

ANother note, while I have not sold anything on these accounts and each had a 10/$1000 limit, the message said that I HAVE TO call to have my limits increased. I'm stumped.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501477)

I know exactly what she meant but she also went into the other thread discussing mc999 for listing certain items and commenting in that thread that it was not the reason. She failed to realized it was 5 months ago and that the fact is this is a new mc999 and you can still get the old mc999 for listing the wrong/risky items.

She seems to know understand they are completely different and can change over night again.

I got them before listing anything so please don't write posts about the kind of items being sold

You can get mc999 for both issues.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 07:11 PM

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...w-mc999-2.html

They are two different things.

She is treated them like they are one when they are not.

You can get BOTH of the MC999s.

Listing mc999 can be avoided by listing the correct items on a new account.

The new mc999 is an entire new game.

glacier922 11-07-2013 07:26 PM

@sandy d

Yes! You are human! You got the new mc999 too! Lol. I was thinking that this new mc999 had to have gotten you too! Anyways, jjgold said to avoid this just select the reason why you are calling in is because of suspension and not raising selling limits. If you choose raising selling limits, you'll get the public database questions, whereas if you choose suspensions then you get those softball questions like do I have the inventory in possession.

Corleone said that it was google voice and other call forwarding service that triggers the new mc999.

I called In yesterday, and didn't get the public databse(though I was not aware of the select suspension reason to call), she asked me to put in a bank acct, and was uneasy about my gv number. I told her that I merged my real cell number with gv, and that it's a working cell. I'm awaiting the answer today, as they pp is depositing my 2 deposits. We will see.

joanna4051 11-07-2013 07:38 PM

Glacier,

I am almost positive that I chose the suspension method on all calls hence I was wondering about that post you just mentioned. Hoping to get other people's experiences. I also ordered that Tacphone(sp?) on Amazon and will see if eliminating call forwarding changes anything.

Sandy,

I am a bit confused as to your post. I do realize that people get MC999 for listing the wrong items. My experience has been getting them a few days after opening an account and browsing. My apologies if I posted on another post that was 5 months old that listing new items is not the reason. You're right, I did not realize those were two different types.

Having said that, I am relatively new to the forums and still figuring things out. It would have been more helpful to post in the mentioned forum about the two types.

Now, as the title suggests I am trying to figure out the NEW MC999 which as you said is a whole new game. I also wrote when starting the thread that I want to know about the ones NOT related to listings but rather completely new aging accounts.

glacier922 11-07-2013 08:51 PM

@joanna

But as long as you DON'T get the mc999 where they ask the public database questions then it's okay right? Or did you still get the database questions? if they ask the easier questions, then yea, I'd take those all day.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501488)
@sandy d

Yes! You are human! You got the new mc999 too! Lol. I was thinking that this new mc999 had to have gotten you too! Anyways, jjgold said to avoid this just select the reason why you are calling in is because of suspension and not raising selling limits. If you choose raising selling limits, you'll get the public database questions, whereas if you choose suspensions then you get those softball questions like do I have the inventory in possession.

Corleone said that it was google voice and other call forwarding service that triggers the new mc999.

I called In yesterday, and didn't get the public databse(though I was not aware of the select suspension reason to call), she asked me to put in a bank acct, and was uneasy about my gv number. I told her that I merged my real cell number with gv, and that it's a working cell. I'm awaiting the answer today, as they pp is depositing my 2 deposits. We will see.

Actually I have not gotten an mc999 on any of my own accounts. Two of my customers out of 200+ accounts sold recently has received the mc999 and that is it, so that is a high percentage of doing well. Both I was able to make a call and get them taken care of for my customers.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joanna4051 (Post 501492)
Glacier,

I am almost positive that I chose the suspension method on all calls hence I was wondering about that post you just mentioned. Hoping to get other people's experiences. I also ordered that Tacphone(sp?) on Amazon and will see if eliminating call forwarding changes anything.

Sandy,

I am a bit confused as to your post. I do realize that people get MC999 for listing the wrong items. My experience has been getting them a few days after opening an account and browsing. My apologies if I posted on another post that was 5 months old that listing new items is not the reason. You're right, I did not realize those were two different types.

Having said that, I am relatively new to the forums and still figuring things out. It would have been more helpful to post in the mentioned forum about the two types.

Now, as the title suggests I am trying to figure out the NEW MC999 which as you said is a whole new game. I also wrote when starting the thread that I want to know about the ones NOT related to listings but rather completely new aging accounts.

Welcome to the forum and learning as their are more then two mc999 you will see.

Ebay changes things up all of the time and the only way to keep up with them is for members to stay active and read a lot.

This current new mc999 and the one in my How to avoid the listing mc999 are completely different but you can still get either one or both.

Ebay is trying to get tough as they always come up with something around the holidays to pull this. We always find a way to fix it with the extremely talented and bright members we have here.

glacier922 11-07-2013 09:20 PM

@ sandy d

What about the 4 accts u created 2 weeks ago and 3 of them got the mc999?

Sandy D 11-07-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501502)
@joanna

But as long as you DON'T get the mc999 where they ask the public database questions then it's okay right? Or did you still get the database questions? if they ask the easier questions, then yea, I'd take those all day.

I got one with almost no questions at all and one with an arm load of questions.
Only issue I had was being on hold forever. Both were easy to deal with and fixed while I was on the phone.

If the account is made solid enough you wont get the rough questions that might be hard to answer I believe.

I make 3-4 of my own accounts and 100s of other a week and so far some very good luck with them no getting hammered.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 09:24 PM

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...violation.html

Joanna here is an example of what also can happen.

Sandy D 11-07-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501512)
@ sandy d

What about the 4 accts u created 2 weeks ago and 3 of them got the mc999?

Please explain.

cjw7 11-07-2013 09:26 PM

I got the 'new' mc999 database questioning when I clicked on the suspension reason instead of raising limits, so I don't know what that means. The account was open 9 months. Did not pass the Qs, so no more selling.

glacier922 11-07-2013 09:27 PM

@sandy d

My mistake. I thought post #5 was you, but it was actually the op. said she created 4 accts and 3 got mc999ed

glacier922 11-07-2013 09:29 PM

@cjw7, did you use a real mobile number and not call forwarding or google voice?

Sandy D 11-07-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501519)
@sandy d

My mistake. I thought post #5 was you, but it was actually the op. said she created 4 accts and 3 got mc999ed

No problem.

Our goal is how we all can work together to get a good result!

joanna4051 11-07-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 501502)
@joanna

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The one account where I was asked the easier questions such ase what I will be selling, I was FIRST asked the public database Qs. I answered "non of the above" to the first one and she said it was strange and since I am right about the fact that I did not try selling anything she will go ahead and increase my limit to 25?$2500 (I think). It seems like I just got lucky with this one. I am still not going to list on it for a few weeks.

joanna4051 11-07-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjw7 (Post 501518)
I got the 'new' mc999 database questioning when I clicked on the suspension reason instead of raising limits, so I don't know what that means. The account was open 9 months. Did not pass the Qs, so no more selling.

Dang! I thought we had that one figured out. :heh: