Cheapest phone option to verify paypal - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Cheapest phone option to verify paypal

Speaking of phones, when you guys get them, do you try and use the same area code that is in the area of your stealth address?

In other words, if my stealth address is two states away or in another city, do you try and get a phone number that is close to your stealth address? Does Paypal even look at this?

Just wondering if they would look at an area code for say New York city and the stealth address on the account is listed in Boston. Would that cause any issues or make PP ask questions?

The same could be said for an ip address as well, especially if using VPN. If you are using a Dedicated IP address that always shows up in New York City, but your stealth address is listed in Boston and then your area code in your phone number is listed in Maryland, doesn't this all look odd to PP?

My thinking, it is best to try and keep an address close to the area of your ip address for the stealth account as well as the area code of your phone number or am I looking at this too deep here and over analyzing?

Last edited by PayPalBusted; 03-15-2016 at 10:12 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishheart View Post
AT&T go phone, I got for 8 bucks at Walmart. Can't beat that
Does AT&T have a monthly fee? or is it just paying for the minutes?
Old 03-27-2016
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayPalBusted View Post
Speaking of phones, when you guys get them, do you try and use the same area code that is in the area of your stealth address?

In other words, if my stealth address is two states away or in another city, do you try and get a phone number that is close to your stealth address? Does Paypal even look at this?

Just wondering if they would look at an area code for say New York city and the stealth address on the account is listed in Boston. Would that cause any issues or make PP ask questions?

The same could be said for an ip address as well, especially if using VPN. If you are using a Dedicated IP address that always shows up in New York City, but your stealth address is listed in Boston and then your area code in your phone number is listed in Maryland, doesn't this all look odd to PP?

My thinking, it is best to try and keep an address close to the area of your ip address for the stealth account as well as the area code of your phone number or am I looking at this too deep here and over analyzing?
For the IP address, it's not a problem to use an IP address away from your ebay address.

However, for the phone, it's best to use a number with the same area code.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
PayPalBusted (03-28-2016)
Old 03-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
For the IP address, it's not a problem to use an IP address away from your ebay address.

However, for the phone, it's best to use a number with the same area code.
Simple and effective.
Old 06-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Everytime I open an account I get a £1 sim card and put in my phone and get a new number that way. Ill keep the sim card and add the phone number on my desktop in my notepad in case I ever need it.
Do you need to top up the sim to activate it? Or you can accept calls and texts straightaway?
Old 06-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

Just found this. Haven't tried it yet, but looks interesting. Multiple numbers on same device. Choose area code. Flyp Canada • Get a US Phone Number • Flyp
Old 09-11-2016

Has anyone tried porting their number from tracphone to google voice for $20? If you have to reload the phone for $20 for 90 days, why not port for $20 so it lasts the life of the EB/PP account. Or is it not necessary because adding a new number isn't a big deal to PP?

I feel like I'm missing something because this seems like a no-brainer... and no one has mentioned porting the number that I've seen yet and I've read/scanned google voice posts from as far back as 2011. I realize you can change numbers on EB/PP. But from what I've read PP can give you problems with adding a new number, or am I incorrect?

I am assuming you can put money on your google account with stealth info using a vanilla visa/mastercard as long as the zip matches, for the port fee. This may not work. Then the only option would be using your real info which I could see why most would not want to do.

I'm not concerned with using google voice its self. If the answer is google voice isn't good for stealth... That does not pertain to me.

Last edited by nate; 09-11-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2016

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
People need to keep the number alive that is registered with Paypal, I don't get why this is difficult task.
Well in my case i decided to use my home phone as it would always be active , few years past then decided to move to cali no chance of saving that one :( just a mess up on my behalf
Old 10-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I always switch my #'s to Google Voice AFTER account creation, never had an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Warrioressone (07-02-2017)
Old 10-18-2016

yes this works this is what im currently doing.. you can switch your tracfone number within 5 minutes for free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarneal View Post
Does it still work to start with a TracFone, then after it's verified, switch the number to google voice to avoid the monthly fee? I saw posts in the past saying this worked, but I haven't moved my TracFone's over yet.
Old 10-18-2016

PayPal has never gave me trouble changing numbers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Has anyone tried porting their number from tracphone to google voice for $20? If you have to reload the phone for $20 for 90 days, why not port for $20 so it lasts the life of the EB/PP account. Or is it not necessary because adding a new number isn't a big deal to PP?

I feel like I'm missing something because this seems like a no-brainer... and no one has mentioned porting the number that I've seen yet and I've read/scanned google voice posts from as far back as 2011. I realize you can change numbers on EB/PP. But from what I've read PP can give you problems with adding a new number, or am I incorrect?

I am assuming you can put money on your google account with stealth info using a vanilla visa/mastercard as long as the zip matches, for the port fee. This may not work. Then the only option would be using your real info which I could see why most would not want to do.

I'm not concerned with using google voice its self. If the answer is google voice isn't good for stealth... That does not pertain to me.
Old 10-18-2016

I cant get this to verify paypal ... the confirmation code takes to long to hit my phone... verification expires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerRizd View Post
Just found this. Haven't tried it yet, but looks interesting. Multiple numbers on same device. Choose area code. Flyp Canada • Get a US Phone Number • Flyp
Old 11-26-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
Does AT&T have a monthly fee? or is it just paying for the minutes?

No monthly fee but the time runs out after 3 months
https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainC...p?page=planMin

-$10.00 for 3 months
-$3.33 per month
as stated phones are 8-10 from Walmart/Amazon/Best Buy
Amazon is usually the cheapest but there are a ton of Black Friday sales right now
guaranteed to worth for stealth - that's pretty cheap

Last edited by modernman; 11-26-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 44%

bcarneal, good question, I'm wondering the same!

Any idea of a rough estimate how much time (phone/text/web) to add to a phone strictly for ebay and paypal use? Would 60 mns a month be enough?