Indefinate suspension after 10 yrs of loyalty - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 02-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Indefinate suspension after 10 yrs of loyalty

My ebay account was suspended this week after 10 years of loyalty to ebay . I have 99.8 % possitive feedback over 4,500+ feedback . Very few and far in between negatives. My dsr fell and I did not take this as seriouse as it is . I have been what use to be an eBay Power seller and the dsr thing was non existant . I was a seasoned seller back when feedback was fair and you can leave a negative for someone trying to extort free items / or for not paying. Now I have kept up selling . I charge a fair ship cost and my s&h dsr was what got me kicked off. I explain in my auctions the cost to ship and the break down in 3 areas . its not like I charged an insane amount i charged $7.77 with usps charging us aprox $4.95+ pick up cost for on demand , plus fees to wrap delicate items etc. I make about $0.15 - $0.25 ... buyers still knocked us down for this . I got an indefinate suspension i thought was a joke i give ebay about $2,000 - $3,000 a month in listing fees for 10years and I am indefinately suspended ? How can this be . I was loyal , and followed their policy even as un fair as it was to sellers . I called eBay support and was told " sellers who charge high ship cost , will deter customers from ever buying on line it is sellers like you ruining ebay " I was shocked . 10 years of loyalty for a smack in the face . Really ? I am at fault i pay ebay $24,000 - $36,000 a year , and I am ruining ebay . I was so insulted and so confuesed as to how buyers who did not read the auctions had more power than a loyal seller. How can ignorant buyers who did not follow auction policy , and not contact us prior to leaving less than 5 stars tear us off eBay . In the real world if you go to victorias secret .com you know that shipping starts at 9.80 - and goes up based on the cost of the items you either choose to buy or you dont. You do not report victoria secret to the bbb and request they be destroyed. In the real world you cant walk into a store and throw bleach on the stores inventory and walk out with out being arrested . on ebay you can . What can I do , is there someone i can talk to to get my account back . If not , can i use my auctiva account to port these listings to another account or do i have to manually move 1000+ listings ... what a day
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2011

I just had the same exact thing happen to me. The morning of February 2, 2011 I went on my computer and my ebay account was indefinitely suspended because shipping time and communication ratings were 2.20% (.20% over) from 14 people in the last 12 months with 1600 feedback. I was indefinitely banned over .20%! I was on ebay for 9 years and complied with all of ebays rules and paid all fees on time. I was sick for 2 months where I wasn't able to always check mail but my partner helps fulfill orders. Of corse ebay doesn't really care what your story is. They look at the DSR rating and thats it. In fact I'm sure they don't even really look at it.. the computer saw I was .20 over for 2 months and flagged me for termination. I emailed the CEO and I also called support 4 times. The term "indefinite" doesn't mean forever.. but I haven't read anyone getting back on.

My products were hand-made in the US and I was one of maybe 3 sellers with the lowest price on bay. Now ebay has eliminated the lowest priced item ($22) so now the next lowest is ($39). As a buyer on ebay I look for the lowest price, always! eBay is hurting itself financially by suspending hard working people with no hopes of unemployment. They said I'm welcome to still shop on ebay. I have no plans to ever log back in unless my account is reinstated. People will never boycott ebay unless they are all suspended.

As much as it's been a nightmare for the last week. It's been a real blessing I have found some really great alternatives to sell.

Try Buy.com and overstock both have a place to add products buy is free until you sell. Buy takes 8% which is better than ebay. Also try Amazon Pro of course my products have no UPCs but I found a few sites selling UPCs for $2 so you can add anything to amazon in reason.

As for a perfect site like ebay check out eBid.net and ubid.com. Both work good as a backup as well. I's also recommend advertising on google and facebook. You can set an advertising limit.
Old 02-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums both of you. A lot of us here have been frustrated with eb ay and pa yp al for these kind of reasons.

Best to make new fresh stealth accounts and spread sales while building new reputation - if you wish of course.

All the best.
Old 02-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Since i cannot post on my auctiva account linked to ebay and have all my templates in it I was looking to find a way to transfer all the listings over to Inkfrog. Does anyone know if this can be done and if possible can you add two seperate user ids'on ink frog and if one account is torn down does ebay link the two ? I have only used auctiva in the past but need to find a solution to saving my hard work on my ebay account. Thank you for the help
Old 02-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Sadly your story is all too familiar on this forum. Ebay is NOT loyal and ebay DOES NOT care about anyones situation or how good or bad of a seller you are. Alot of things they do make absolutely no sense, they are a HUGE corporation and they know it. Everyday Ebay suspends perfectly good sellers that pay them thousands of dollars a month in fees yet they continue to suspend us?? This could only mean one thing. Ebay makes ALOOOOTTT of money...even without you!! You need to get smart and take advantage of ebay just as they have taken advantage of all of us. Learn to play by the rules but always be 2 steps ahead of the game. There's always a way around everything ebay throws at us!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (05-26-2011), yellow0102 (06-14-2011)
Old 02-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the advice. I believe your right about ebay. As far as picking up the pieces from here If anyone knows If i can save my hard work by switching my unusable auctiva account over to another listing service and save my listings such as inkfrog or similar It would help we save time. And for future If anyone know if a service such as inkfrong allows multiple ebay accounts liked to one account i create with them that I can just switch between ebay accounts if one gets closed down or suspended please let me know. Maybe someone has been where i am at in terms of my new auctiva problem can please help me.
Old 02-07-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,559 Times in 2,211 Posts
Activity: 67%
Longevity: 91%

COuld you please use paragraphs when you post? It's really hard to read your posts.,
Old 02-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

When I give them a receipt in the box I leave out the shipping price. I just print the final sale price with a colorful happy note asking for five stars....

You have to catch them when they are all happy they got it, then they pop you with a positive feedback before they get tired of their new toy..boo hoo..
Old 02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums both of you. A lot of us here have been frustrated with eb ay and pa yp al for these kind of reasons.

Best to make new fresh stealth accounts and spread sales while building new reputation - if you wish of course.

All the best.
I'm glad I found this site. It's really given me hope. As much as I wish I could live without ebay, it's hard. I might buy your ebook soon if sales do not increase on these other sites like ebid ect.

It's sad none of these other sites haven't been the "facebook" of selling. If ebay was "myspace" why hasn't a "facebook" come along and wiped ebay out? ...I'm going to answer my own question with.. PayPal. I think PayPal has been the saving grace for ebay for all these years. Sites like ubid and ebid are wonderful but lack a solid safe form of payment (not saying paypal is safe but has the presence of being safe).

sigh..
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yes Pa yp al has become a payment god for the masses.
Old 02-11-2011
MU

Longevity: 92%

my opinion

1. You have to realize Ebay workers are like me and you. If they think they can capitalize on your item they will try and get you eliminate then steal your product and sell.
Ebay workers are in India poor country for most part. You dont think if the see a seller getting lots of cash selling products that they wont steal your business?

2,. Ebay is not hurting themselves, They dont care Ebay is billion dollar company I believe. No matter what ebay does they will always be on top so dont think Ebay is hurting themselves because there not..

Financially Ebay is not hurting and will never

Once you understand these 3 rules all your questions will be answered
Old 02-14-2011

Longevity: 78%

I found myself in a similar situation in November 2010.

I am still learning the ins-and-outs of subverting eBay and their disgusting customer service.

Your real "crime" was offering shipping at all. eBay does not charge FVFs on the shipping costs, as it is beneficial for them if sellers incorporate the shipping costs into their item costs because they can then charge a higher FVF. This is the reason for "Best Match" being the default search option which puts items with Free Shipping at the top of the search standings (which IMHO is illegal).

If you charge $7 shipping per item in a category that has a 8% FVF, then eBay is "losing" out on 56 cents (7 * .08) of FVF per sale. Anyone with basic cerebral function (breathing, chewing, etc) knows that shipping costs are insane, but eBay buyers don't always fall into this category.

You are much better offering free shipping and getting the automatic 5 stars.
Old 02-15-2011
Threadstarter  

you hit the nail on the head. Thank you for the reply
Old 02-15-2011

My problem was "shipping time" which means "how long it takes for the seller to ship." Right? Well when you sell overseas and only purchase First-Class mail on packages, shipping times can take up to 25 days because of customs. Well The customer rates my shipping on "how long with the total time." Ebay should auto check the tracking to determine if someone can even leave 1 star if I shipped the next day. Extremely not fair for sellers dealing outside the US.

If I ever get back on ebay it's FREE SHIPPING or NO SHIPPING outside the US. I will also raise my prices a few dollars.

I'm not doing too bad on amazon right now, slow start.. but I'm holding in. I'm so blessed I don't have much overhead.
Old 02-15-2011
MU

Longevity: 84%

You can be ebays puppet follow all the rules like you did

Or

Make tons of money by not following the rules
Old 03-19-2011

Here is the deal. Ebay wants you to do things "there way". "Your way" Means nothing!.
And thats just how they are. I learned my lesson with them "BIG TIME'. When i was suspended for no reason. I actually launched my business A good majority of my business relied on ebay. But when they shut us down we went down 100%. Even if you rite your own policy or hire a lawyer it still wont help you

And its simple man...if you want to sell with them...just dont.....just sell 3 or 5 items...thats it....do it as a side gig ..u can make sales marketing on ur own its easy.

Last edited by gmata2101; 03-19-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2011

Longevity: 85%

Its post like this that make me sick when I still see sellers on ebay selling with horrible feedback.....look at this guy he has %64 feedback with 14 negs in the past 12 months with 211 auctions up and running right now and he is still online? WTF? This is just criminal.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller
Old 03-19-2011

yea the folx there suspend and limit who they want when they want for whatever stupid reason that pops into their peanut-sized brains!
I think a pack of wild apes could do a better job at running a business than they can!
Old 03-20-2011

wowwwwwwww that insane!!! lol............. look up my account mightybotnyc

not 1 negative feedback and i was removed for no reason....i called an they said there were not going to give me a reason WTF!lol.

and my paypal and information was all real and nothing was wrong.
Old 03-20-2011

everyone should report that ....cause if they took us down why shouldnt they take them down also
Old 03-25-2011

The only thing I did wrong was ship first-class mail international, no confirmation. 1/10 of the orders would be late or lost . I would loose product and get negative feedback. The problem was first-class mail was just as fast as priority and 1/5 the price. I'm "sort of" back on the bay but this is what I'm doing to change this time to do better.

-No International shipping
-Full refund returns
-Free Shipping
-telephone number for support
-positive feedback given automatically after someone purchases an item
-same day, next day shipping

I figure with these upgrades I should be fine. I never did anything illegal or break any policies. Unfortunately trying to save international buyers money on shipping costs was just a bad move on my part. The average cost first-class $2.10, Priority $9.98..

I was just reading other posts of people selling sketch things on ebay and breaking rules and I was treated the same way. I hope that one day ebay will review each of these cases and really look at the details.

...not going to lie I sort of cried when I found out I was indefinitely suspended from ebay of 9 years. Felt like a girlfriend breaking up with me :/

Last edited by jahsavi; 03-25-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2011

Longevity: 86%

mate ive been on ebay for years and every new account is harder with these stupid dsr's, there are ways round it though u just have to play the game