Paypal 180 day hold, going out of my mind please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Paypal 180 day hold, going out of my mind please help

So its complete disaster here, my account was limited for 6 months today. I initially uploaded documents to have the limits lifted (sent to me by Elmo who sold me the account here), initially they seemed to pass and my account limits where lifted, I was then limited again and asked to provide the documents again.
I phone paypal who told me it was escalated to the back office team who have taken 2 bloody weeks to look at it only to now slap me with a 180 day hold.

I phoned up and I was told if I got them new documents, so other photo ID (a passport) and either a ban statement or credit card I would be able to then phone in again and they would re escalate it to have it looked at and I could avoid the 180 day ban.

I’m at by absolute wits end here, I’ve got 4k in there and if this isn’t fixed quickly I’m going to have to make my only staff member redundant and I’m probably going out of business before Christmas.

Anyone had anything similar happen and had a decent outcome at all?

Last edited by eezo; 12-01-2016 at 04:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eezo For This Useful Post:
kevins1919 (12-04-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Paypal 180 day hold, going out of my mind please help

I should also add that on paypal it says the limit cannot be appealed against yet PayPal on the p[hone just said to upload these new documents and it should be OK so I'm unsure which is correct?
Old 12-01-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

It doesn't look good if they have rejected the first docs and limited the account.

After 6 months it's very possible they will ask for a passport anyway before releasing the funds. Even if you send it in paypal UK are rejecting them and not releasing money after the 180 days.

It's becoming more and more common not to receive funds.

I would make sure you never leave more than you can afford to lose in a paypal account from now on.
Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well that's not what I wanted to here. I'll send in the documents anyway as long as Elmo can provide them but other than that I guess I'm out of business.

What I don't understand is why they would have rejected the documents as they were spot om?
Old 12-01-2016
just_smile

The question is why where you limited again? Somethings triggered their system to limit you. Whatever it was that is likely your cause, not the docs.
Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So paypal themselves said it was a bug.

They lifted the limits, I took out £200 as a test and then logged back into try a bit more, as soon as I tried to withdraw the second time it become limited again and flashed up saying I needed to upload docs again so I'm not sure what it is I could possibly have done to trigger something.

I'm going to have to make the young lad I employ redundant next week just before Christmas as a result of this. I appreciate I perhaps should not have kept money in that account and that's certainly something to take away from this but it still makes me feel physically sick.
Old 12-01-2016
just_smile

Looks like the large withdrawal triggered it. As there's 4k in there i take it this was your first withdrawal?
Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I had taken about £2500k out already prior to the limits. I then hit receiving limits so I foolishly carried on selling under that account as I felt I was safe.

I uploaded the docs just before I hit my receiving limits which was back in October, it then took ages for them to look at the docs (about a month). Eventually they reviewed them lifted the limits (got an email to say it was all fine) So I logged in and withdrew £200 and it went through fine. So I logged back in a tried to take £500 (there was 2k in there at the time). It then flashed up saying I was limited and asked for the same documents again but under "lift limits" it said my account was all approved and there were no problems, there was not even an option to upload docs. I also never received an email saying it was limited again.

I phoned paypal who said it was almost certainly a bug and they just needed to forward it to their back office team, then after two weeks I'm slapped with 180 day ban, paypal say it cannot be appealed (on the website) however when I phoned today they said if I uploaded new photo ID and a bank statement or a credit card statement they will escalate it again to the back office team and try and get it passed.

So that's the full story, I can still receive funds but at this point I have finally stopped selling on the account as it's already ruined me. I have an Amazon aco**** I sell on so I'm just going to have ti focus on that but it wont be enough to save me.
Old 12-01-2016

Longevity: 52%

Get some stealths up and running now you could be back up within a month. I know how your feeling with PayPal, just had one of my big stealth accounts go down.

Coming up to Christmas, Paypal has to find the funds for the Christmas party from somewhere.
Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I've got another stealth I'm currently listing products on like mad but the amount I can sell on this one are not as good, I'm more concerned about the 4k I'm not getting from this other one cash flow is a huge problem for me at the minute and I honestly don't know how I'll pay the bills now.
Old 12-01-2016

Longevity: 46%

I had exactly same scenario earlier this year on one of my accounts, all limits were lifted and going well then suddenly limited and requested docs again.
Permanently limited now and money most likely lost.

Its a win win for paypal whatever the outcome, docs accepted and account ok they keep raking in seller fees. Any problems with docs or other reasons to limit accounts and they steal the money in account - they cannot lose can they.

Only ever keep a working balance in paypal, if you let money build up you are dicing with disaster. They are just so unpredictable and cannot be trusted.
It is so easy to get complacent with stealth accounts all the whle things are going ok, but things can suddenly change without warning and people can lose a lot of money.
Old 12-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezo View Post
I'm slapped with 180 day ban, paypal say it cannot be appealed (on the website) however when I phoned today they said if I uploaded new photo ID and a bank statement or a credit card statement they will escalate it again to the back office team and try and get it passed.
At this stage its generally best to wait out the 180 days and then withdraw funds. They may say that they will unlimi your account if you do this and that but it is very very rare for them to actually unlimit the account. When and if they did it would only be for a few hours to a few days at most in my experience
Old 12-01-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
At this stage its generally best to wait out the 180 days and then withdraw funds. They may say that they will unlimi your account if you do this and that but it is very very rare for them to actually unlimit the account. When and if they did it would only be for a few hours to a few days at most in my experience
Yeah I think I'm pretty much screwed at this point.