About to give up - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default About to give up

Hi again all,

After ages trying to set up a stealth account I think I am finally going to have to admit defeat having encountered problems all the way, but will give it one more stab on here.

PayPal: They called the landline number to confirm my details, I entered the 4-digit code, they told me all was ok .... yet still, 2 days later, it says on my PP account that they need to "confirm by phone or post" and my emails asking why have been ignored.

On the "confirm location" link I am asked to link a credit card ... despite my having already added an Entropay account. I don't understand how they can confirm location via an Entropay card in any case - Entropay don't give them your address do they??

eBay: They ask how I am to pay PP fees. I click by credit card and they ask my card details despite already having them. I put them in again and it goes back to "phone verification" - despite the fact they verified me by phone a week ago!

This is all driving me round the bend - I desperately need to get back on eBay as much as I detest them, and I've now been without my only income for a month, but it seems impossible - there are certainly many more hurdles than suggested in the eBay Stealth Book, that's for sure. Help anyone....?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

so youve had paypal phone location verification call, and entered digits, that should work, unless you get an email saying its going to the address as it failed, so you you must continue calling or emailing them, it takes a few goes for them to actually read the email properly, they try and send standard ones if they possibly can as they employ idiot savants.

expuse number hits your vcc transactions on 2nd or 3rd day after, have you made sure you put correct address to match paypal account in under account details, on entropay? is it loaded with at least £3?

Dont give up roll up your sleeves and bug them until they reply about the phone thing, in exceptional cases they may offer you another way of location verification eg utility bill, obviously you dont want to get in to that unless you have to, but if it is some glitch, (and i must say this is unusual not to get an email confirming youve passed or failed), or you are waiting too long there is another way round it possibly..your address is accessible isnt it?

good luck
pward33 (06-03-2009)
Old 06-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks a million for taking the trouble again Oomp.

Right – I have had no emails from PP either saying that I have passed their confirmation or that I haven’t. All I have had is a mail thanking me for activating my account. And the PP account is still saying that it needs phone/post confirmation.

Quote:
have you made sure you put correct address to match paypal account in under account details, on entropay? is it loaded with at least £3?
Eek. What? Yes there are funds on it, but no the address registered with Entropay does not match the address I have given PP. The Entropay address is my real home address, which is linked to a suspended PP account. Are you saying that PP can see the address that Entropay has for me? If so this is a REAL problem, and leads me to wonder how people with suspended PP accounts linked to their real addresses can use Entropay, given that you have to give Entropay your real details. Or have I misunderstood something?

Quote:
your address is accessible isnt it?
No it is not – it’s a local bloody dentist’s surgery!

If they do offer me the utility bill option it’s a possibility but an expensive one – the only reliable producer of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ utilities I know charges £80...

On top of that, eBay, as I mentioned, are still giving me problems - again maybe because the address they have for the stealth account doesn't match the address Entropay has do you think?

This one's going down the pan isn't it?

Thanks again for your help and sorry if I'm missing obvious stuff, this is a steep learning curve for me!

Last edited by pward33; 06-03-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

entropay - just change the address to match your pp under account details on entropay., and then give it 3 days to settle in. You sign up with real address and load up, but then you can change address, ebay cant see it...

address not accessible, well the phone verifcation had better go right or letter will go to the 'bloody' dentist...

no its not the end but you will need to be very sure you get the phone code exactly right, to pass, not as easy as you think, I failed recently...you could try an even harder route, if you call them they will do one of 3 things, mess you about a bit longer, say submit id (I can give you tips on that but its best avoided) or they can maybe manually do the phone thing, they often try that on live help, but again if it doesnt match the address code they have on their database, it may fail. Pick or refuse which you prefer as the options come up for you...you will have to judge it on how you think phone would go (oh, check this dentists phone number, does your number match up well with it and im talking at least 1st 5 or preferably up to 8 matching digits , you can relax more about the code when you have accessible address, as you know you have a safety net)

As for entropay its easy to solve that, and youve been extremely naughtly not reading properly, its all there...anymore of this and it will be smacky bot time for you..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-04-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
entropay - just change the address to match your pp under account details on entropay., and then give it 3 days to settle in.
Brilliant - have done and will wait 3 days. Hope the damage hasn't already been done though; as I said, the address PP will now have seen is linked to an old suspended account.

I think I'll give the phone confirmation another go with both eBay and PP in 3 days time - if no joy I'll call them.

Quote:
oh, check this dentists phone number, does your number match up well with it and im talking at least 1st 5 or preferably up to 8 matching digits
Yep, I deliberately chose a very nearby dentist! 1st 6 digits match.

Quote:
As for entropay its easy to solve that, and youve been extremely naughtly not reading properly, its all there...anymore of this and it will be smacky bot time for you..
I really thought I'd read thoroughly!! I blame advancing years and too much booze for my slowness in taking things in! Mind you, depending on who is doing the smacking, that could be quite enjoyable....

UPDATE

Have just received the following from PP - and it's as clear as mud...

Quote:
From your email, I understand that you are having difficulty going through
the Location Confirmation by phone process. Firstly, I would like to
apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please let me look
into this matter for you.

I have noted that you have already initiated the Location Confirmation by
phone process. I can see here that your account was affected by a known
technical issue and you cannot go about completing the process. We are
currently updating our systems and, as a result, certain features have been
affected. We're aware of this issue and we would like to assure you that
our technicians are actively working to resolve it. I regret any
inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience and
understanding.

Please be advised that I have created a service request and forwarded your
account information to the relevant department so that they can manually
toggle your account and have this issue resolved and you may then
re-initiate the process. They will contact you shortly once they have
updated your account. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during
this process.

Last edited by pward33; 06-04-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

ok re update, that is good news I think, you will probably be given the benefit of the doubt, at any rate they are trying to resolve, they can see you tried to initiate it and they are admitting its their fault, they may even just wave you through, thats happened to me before, when i created enough unintentional confusion. Just dont let it go to the address, keep a close eye on their emails and catch any failure in phone call early, with a call to them..

I delegate my smacking duties to mini-me, so dont be too disappointed..
Old 06-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Cheers again - will update in due course ...
Old 06-06-2009
Threadstarter  

OK, the status of my PP account has changed:

In the "Get Verified and Lift Sending Limits" box, the following all have little green "done" ticks, but with the following comments:

Quote:
Supply Additional Information

Confirm your information: We were unable to confirm the information you provided
Confirm by phone or post: Unable to Confirm

Enter Security Code
So, they are agreeing that I have entered the Security Code but are saying they have been unable to confirm my information - why is a mystery.

So I guess I'm asking - does this mean I have "passed" or not? I need to know before I add and potentially waste a clean bank account to it. Any thoughts???
Old 06-06-2009

They probably called you and you didn't answer. Now they will send that letter with 4 digit code.. Takes 3 weeks to get it. Than you enter it in your PayPal. Go to resolution and see what you need to do next. I think you'll be fine.
Old 06-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

No, I think its a glitch, theyve already admitted it, OP is not getting email saying failure, going to address.

I think you have to phone them and as said before get an alternative that suits you, tell them to manually send the call whilst you are on the line or next choice is ID and we can go from there. Make it a sob story, you are newbie, please help, blah blah..
Old 06-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Hmm ... all seems to be going well. Despite the "unable to confirm" message I mentioned above, and despite not having had my limits lifted, I have managed to link the PP account to eBay .... and start selling! So at least the eBay side seems sorted! Will call PP in a day or two when the Entropay changes have been in place a few days.
Old 06-24-2009
Threadstarter  

OK, I’m a bit confused again. I was under the impression that it doesn’t matter that the name on your bank account did not match the name you gave paypal as paypal can’t see the name on your account.

Well, although I managed to add the bank account with no problems, I am now trying to set up the Direct Debit, get the two deposits etc. When I try to do this by clicking “confirm account”, PayPal gives you a pre-completed form with your bank account details – including name (ie the false name I have them) – already filled in…?! Help!
Old 06-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

OK. the last one I did had no name on it, when exactly did you do it? it must be a super-new thing, as I did one under a month ago.

We need to wait for a few replies on this as I am unsure, whether you should try risking submitting it or not..

If it were me, probably best bet is to go for it and see what happens, because gone to alot of trouble setting it all up and bank cant be used again anyway...the worst that will happen is bank will reject it, doubt it would go further than that..

We are all buggered if this is a new policy, we will need a few more reports from forum members to see if its a glitch your end or what..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-24-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2009

Longevity: 89%

I do think that stealth is the only way to be on feebay but when it comes down to in . . . . Unless your selling arts and craft - CELLPHONES ELECTRONIC CLOTHING any pulse sellers your gonna get shut down one way or another if you try to make too much money on a single account . . . . . Thats why you have to spread it out on a few stealth ones =o)
Old 06-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
OK. the last one I did had no name on it, when exactly did you do it?]
This was two days ago. As you suggest, I will hold fire for a few days and see if any others have any comments, but will then try it. As you say, the bank account is buggered anyway so there's nothing to lose.

You can't edit the name on the PayPal form so I really can't see any way around this. If this is new policy, it seems the ONLY way to get verified is with a bank account in a false name - a lot more hassle - or to buy a USA verified account and try using that, but I've no idea how reliable that will be.

Last edited by pward33; 06-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2009

Longevity: 86%

Well it seems I've done it and it's all verified and bank seems fine. I thought it's ok, part of the stealth program :>
Old 06-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Only quickly skimmed the posts but I think that there are hassles because of the way the accounts have been created. If the paypal was done first & fully verified B4 being added to the ebay account, there would not have been problems.
Give me a while to read thro' other info & run some thoughts by ya'll. Cheers
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

ok - forget the bank account in false name that is a no go area, if this is a new policy, the most in future one can do is create a business name for your bank and ebay, thing is in Uk its is not very expensive BUT you will come under Her Majestys scrutiny perhaps, so to be avoided, not like US where you can register an AKA business type name, which is a much lighter version of a ltd company.

If its a new policy the only safe way to solve it and to pass the bank test would be to have a name so similar to the bank name that it would go through, eg swapping initials or a tiny difference. tbh using your own name unless its totally unique isnt actually a problem anyway as youd match it with stealth address.

We will have to see if we get more reports of this. As GB says you may have set it up slightly wrong order, you tell us.. but Im not sure that is it tbh, Ive not heard of this at all before and people set up their accounts in all sorts of orders, Ive in the past set up pp and linked to ebay before full verification and not come across it...its either another glitch or its new policy to stop stealth name...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-26-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

99% sure you are caught with the left hand of paypal not knowing what the right hand of paypal is doing. Thrown me a bit though, what do you mean about the two deposits, so you are verified but not really? That name is likely on the paperwork because of the tech problems you mentioned. payapl are at fault.
IF you are 100% sure of yourself, phone paypal and politely/firmly request to speak to a paypal supervisor/manager. Stand your ground. Have all the info and proceed along the lines that you have done the right thing, you have been told paypal have a tech.probelm & wtf are they doing about not letting you establish your paypal account. You tell them you just love to use paypal (& pass me the chuck-bucket) Sure you get what I mean
pward33 (07-01-2009)
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

what exactly should p say? Wont it red flag him if he mentions the name on dd, a non stealth person wouldnt mind that..

ok is this a solution? to call/email and say, sorry I put my business name on but now I want to change it to my personal name, dont mention d debit form issue, they will say send us proof of name to a different dept and he sends something in with actual name on, they change name on account and then continues with bank stuff

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-26-2009 at 05:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
pward33 (07-01-2009)
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

He is a normal person....'if he is 100% confident, he talks the talk'..
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Im not sure calling and asking them if he can establish a pp account will work, p still hasnt done his penny deposits, all pp will say is go ahead and press button and do them, if he questions the name on dd form they will say, why whats your problem with that, its your name isnt it?